It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foolproof HIV Vaccine?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

A Drug To Re-Awaken Ancient Human Genes And Fight HIV

What these scientists have done could give us the first foolproof HIV vaccine. They have re-awakened the human genome's latent potential to make us all into HIV-resistant creatures. This evening in PLoS Biology, they've published their ground-breaking research.

Link to Full Article

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

What intrigues me, beyond the amazing idea of an AIDS vaccine, is that aminoglycosides have the potential to unlock the uses for other pieces of junk DNA. Those of you who read Greg Bear's novel Darwin's Radio know that this scenario is familiar scifi territory: In that book, humans start rapidly evolving after their junk DNA re-awakens in response to stress. Could we induce instant mutations, or gain other new immunities by using aminoglycosides on our junk DNA? What would it mean to have the whole crazy, giant human genome at our command?

Foolproof? Doubt it! It would be nice though to have one less disease running around in the streets. It is that word mutation above that makes me uncomfortable. Kinda I am Legendish if you ask me.
Just curious does anyone know when is the last time anything has been cured anyways? Was it polio?

new topics

join