It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO raises swine flu alert to 'pandemic level 5'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Once the virus shows effective transmission in two different regions of the world, a full pandemic outbreak — phase 6 — would be declared, meaning a global epidemic of a new and deadly disease.
source

So, if this thing explodes in two regions, then we move to 6.

I can see that happening. I'm guessing by next week.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
funny how this flu breaks out about the same time that the results for the stress tests on the banks are to come out.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
ok i have been following this thing since it broke on ats and I am still confused
why it is only killing mexican/hispanic even the death in the USofA "MEXICAN" I could go down the geneticly modified to target certain ethnic groups. road but..is this possible? border control to the extreme!?
i guess just a wait n see if this is worth all the hype. another thread Ithink everybody should take a look at www.abovetopsecret.com...

if retroviralsounds is legit

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 29-4-2009 by paradiselost333]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
According to this article, pandemic phase 5 simply means that a disesase has spread to more than one country, and that the disease can be transmitted by humans to other humans. Phase 5 says, "Larger clusters of human-to-human transmission", and "Infected areas still localized". Even though the flu has been seen in many countries, in each of them it has hit relatively smal areas, hasn't spread throughout the country.

Phase 6 is more serious - the disease is widespread throughout the world, infecting vast numbers of people.

I want to point out that even if this flu becomes pandemic, that doesn't necessarily mean we're all going to die. So far, almost all the flu deaths have taken place in Mexico; everywhere else, people have survived. We may just be in for a nasty bout of flu, most of us surviving it as we usually do.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by chiron613
I want to point out that even if this flu becomes pandemic, that doesn't necessarily mean we're all going to die.

Thank you for that point. It is important to remember.

If and/or when this moves to 6, we will see a serious problem. I noticed the media has been talking more and more about prevention (hand washing, etc). Let's hope people listen.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Pamie]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Pamie

WHO spokesman Dick Thompson says the name change comes after the agriculture industry and the U.N. food agency expressed concerns that the term "swine flu" was misleading consumers and needlessly causing countries to order the slaughter of pigs. He told reporters in Geneva "we're going to stick with the technical scientific name H1N1 influenza A."

I think it's more of an issue of money and politics. As always.

JERUSALEM (AP) — The outbreak of swine flu should be renamed "Mexican" influenza in deference to Muslim and Jewish sensitivities over pork, said an Israeli health official Monday.

www.google.com...

According to Troxler, the 10 million hogs in North Carolina outnumber the population by a million. That explains why the state is the second leading producer of hogs in the nation. The 2.4 billion dollar industry could take a serious hit from the swine flu. "We created a hysteria and people don't really know whether the pork is safe to eat or not....................."

Despite the Centers for Disease control insisting that you cannot get sick from pork, the demand is still low. Right now, one hundred pound portions of pork are selling for an average of $59. According to the US Department of Agriculture, prices typically climb past $70 in late April and May.

www.digtriad.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

I think that they are more concerned with peoples religious sensitivities and the pockets of pig farmers than giving it a name. I'm sure that if it did start naturally it started with human to "swine" contact. That would make it a disease contracted from swine (i.e. swine flu).

I'm sure that you're not going to catch it from eating the pork products, so long as they are properly cooked.

I wonder, if the Muslims and Jews are going to go to hell if they catch the "SWINE FLU????" After all it was in a pig..... I wonder how that works for them.

They probably don't want people to get frenzied about going to hell over catching a virus that was in a pig.

I really do think that this is what the name change is all about.

PROFITS AND PROPHETS!!!!!!!!!

[edit on 30-4-2009 by lazy1981]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The danger of this virus is not the current outbreak, many others here at ATS have hit the nail on the head by mentioning the "second pass," which will be the true pandemic.

Google avian flu and find out how many birds die from this virus, and why humans haven't in the past. In other words I could hang around a sick bird all day and not get sick myself.

Enter the N1H1 virus. A magical virus that not only contains the avian component like the virus that's killing thousands of birds, but the swine component that took 40 million lives in the 1918 outbreak. And of course it can now bind to a Human substrate.

So N1H1 is released and is being passed though out the world, human to human, and is airborne. Media and WHO report 8 deaths as level 5 pandemic.

but "why," many have asked, "with so few deaths?"

because they know something that you don't.

They know that because this N1H1, (which apparently does not have the "killer gene" that is killing the birds as shown by the low mortality rate in this outbreak) will not only spread in the Human population, but will also cross into the avian population due to it's "avian" component.

This is where it gets interesting. While in the bird population, N1H1 will be exposed to more deadly forms of avian flu. Through recombination of genetic material, eventually over time the "killer gene" found in normal bird flu will transfer to the N1H1 virus and because of the human component with this new "killer" mutation, N1H1 will be able to reinsert itself into the human population.

Thus you will have a virus containing the killer gene that has been killing off birds for all those years now able to bind to a Human Substrate.

And that's when things will start getting messy . . . Level 6 here we come!

[edit on 30-4-2009 by DrZERO]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DrZERO

You make a lot of sense. And, I was wondering if they haven't found a sick pig, could it have already come from a bird? Of is that just not likely?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I wanted to ask some one this, if the us population is 304,059,724, what percent of the population could get this flu, if the kill ration is about 5% with the flu, what would that number equal? I was wondering if this matches 500,000, as in the number of plastic coffins the CDC had bought?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join