It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO raises swine flu alert to 'pandemic level 5'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The World Health Organization has raised its pandemic alert for swine flu to the second highest level, meaning that it believes a global outbreak of the disease is imminent.
MSN

Okay, so...someone who knows more than I please tell me what's going on?

TePhase 5 is characterized by human-to-human spread of the virus into at least two countries in one WHO region. While most countries will not be affected at this stage, the declaration of Phase 5 is a strong signal that a pandemic is imminent and that the time to finalize the organization, communication, and implementation of the planned mitigation measures is short.xt
WHO

What's next?
Sound very bad to me.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
By definition they had to go to number 5, does not mean anything more than 4 really, but they had to call it 5.

Who knows where they are going to go from here.

Plus does anyone know anything about russia and china, what is happening there, are they in lockdown or something.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Okay,

So this is what I'm wondering...

This phase Five is "Pandemic" which sounds so big and serious, but this means sustained human to human spread (around the world), but compared to any other old flu, people get sick, they die (every year). But, we have no immunity to this thing and no vaccination, yet.

So, how concerned are you? I still feel like watch and wait, but then the WHO raises to 5? I'm one who watches actions more than words...this is an action.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Just start getting supplies in and it will give you some peace of mind. If you wait til it hits level 6 there will be mass panic buying everywhere so don't delay on the shopping trips now and start researching and printing off some guidelines

pandemic preparedness

Obviously we don't know for sure if it will get really severe but it's best to prepare for worse-case scenario , because realistically speaking, those who don't are going to be screwed if there are food shortages and breakdowns in other supply systems like water, gas, electrics and so on....

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Lock down? Dang, anyone know about that?

On the one hand, I feel like hey, they know what they're doing...just relax and ride this thing out. But, then I realize how absurd it is to trust that the PTB know what they are doing.

I know I already said this, but I learned along time ago to not simply trust what people say but to look at their actions. What actions have we seen? Do you think (1) these actions are concerning or (2) making too much out of nothing or (3) too early to tell?

I waver between 1 and 3.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Now I don't want to sound like an alarmist but ... I think the next week is going to be interesting. The math is kind of scarey!!! Mostly worried about next fall.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
cosmicpixie thanks for the link

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Thanks for the link to the get ready website. I like how it has staying healthy and info on treating the flu, besides all the other info on getting ready.

It says 3 months of food...I've got one month. Better than nothing. Maybe I'll pick up a few more things.

Edited to say: Dog food! I didn't think of buying extra dog food! Good website.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Pamie]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by frostback

I know what you mean about worrying about the fall. I'm worried about having to worry about this through the summer and fall. I mean, the news just burns me out! Okay, I need to step away from the computer and go make dinner for my family!

Everyone stay healthy!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
i can't get the sense of this

Level 5 now and at the same time:

Swine flu: Death rate slows in Mexico

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Confused anyone?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Been warning people from the beginning. This Flu is no joke. Prepare yourselves. I see alot of people taking this issue lightly. The world we live in is corrupt, don't be a blind fool.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
ahhhh now i see the point

On the positive side, the world is better prepared for an influenza pandemic than at any time in history. Preparedness measures undertaken because of the threat from H5N1 avian influenza were an investment, and we are now benefitting from this investment. For the first time in history, we can track the evolution of a pandemic in real-time.

What a "positive" thing...now they can track it...and people died for it. What a success!

www.who.int...

[edit on 29-4-2009 by digitalwarrior]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
They should have just made it a level 6.
What is happening fits their standards for that level.
I expect schools will be closed next week. All of them.
I'd be surprised if they aren't.
Right now 100 schools in the USA are closed.
(TV news is reporting that)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DEM0N
Been warning people from the beginning. This Flu is no joke. Prepare yourselves. I see alot of people taking this issue lightly. The world we live in is corrupt, don't be a blind fool.

actually .. it is a joke this flu ... the problem is that, we just dont know why they released the virus ... and that is the problem ... maybe they release the real thing ... then we will be #ed ... or it will come in the vaccines ... who knows

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Above all, this is an opportunity for global solidarity as we look for responses and solutions that benefit all countries, all of humanity. After all, it really is all of humanity that is under threat during a pandemic.

read: NWO

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
My prediction would be possible that if the virus is linked to the strength of the weather season. Right now the flu does not seem as strong in slightly cooler climates in the Northern areas of the world and it mainly makes kills in the hot regions of Mexico which are mainly rain forest and desert type terrain where it gets well over 90*F but it is only Spring at the moment with cooler temperatures around the 60*-79*F mark.
This would mean that the virus would get very nasty and score kills when the hot weather comes around during the late Spring and into the Summer.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I saw this live and the way this woman spoke and her demeanor scare the hell out of me.

All countries should immediately activate their pandemic preparedness plans. Countries should remain on high alert for unusual outbreaks of influenza-like illness and severe pneumonia.

Martial law?

At this stage, effective and essential measures include heightened surveillance, early detection and treatment of cases, and infection control in all health facilities.

Heightened surveillance? What exactly does she mean by that?

This change to a higher phase of alert is a signal to governments, to ministries of health and other ministries, to the pharmaceutical industry and the business community that certain actions should now be undertaken with increased urgency, and at an accelerated pace.

Certain actions? I don't like the way she avoids specifics, here.

No matter what the situation is, the international community should treat this as a window of opportunity to ramp up preparedness and response.

And the scariest part of all. Treat this as an opportunity to do what exactly? Round us all up and ship us to the FEMA camps? Never waste a crisis...

Above all, this is an opportunity for global solidarity as we look for responses and solutions that benefit all countries, all of humanity. After all, it really is all of humanity that is under threat during a pandemic.

That doesn't sound like NWO rhetoric in the least.

(source)

Draw your own conclusions, but i do believe something serious is afoot.

TA

[edit on 29-4-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:49 PM
link   

"You never want a serious crisis to go to waste," Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel

Exactly.

Nothing else to be said. This will lead to new laws and less freedoms.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Heard Steve Quayle on Alex Jones today.Some ham operator heard that the red cross and Nation guard are mobilizing.Is that routine for leve 5 alert??

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by fromtheheart66
Heard Steve Quayle on Alex Jones today.Some ham operator heard that the red cross and Nation guard are mobilizing.Is that routine for leve 5 alert??

I'm in the Guard and haven't heard jack about a mobilization.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join