It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questioning Christianity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dthwraith
Except a man be born again, he can not see the kingdom of God. John 3:3
Born again = except Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour.

Sorry, he did not say "except a man who accepts Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior". He said, only that which is born of the spirit will return to the father.

When you are born again, then you are born of spirit and you realize your true self. This event is described in John 14, where it talks of a specific day. It is followed by the holy spirit who teaches and gives understanding of things.

www.biblegateway.com...

This is when you know the father, then you are born again.

20At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

And sorry, but that isn't reserved for just those who follow Jesus either as you suggest.

24He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

25These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jesus is the "truth, the "light" and the "way" and it is only by those things can you come by the father.

I don't know Jesus, and his name has only ever come up among people and the bible to me. But I do know the father, and I do hear the father in the words of Jesus, and so I do know Jesus in that way, better than most.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dthwraith
So going to church is against what Jesus tought? So sitting with like minded people is wrong even though its in the bible? Mind that you dont even have to go to church to do this.

What is wrong about the church is that it creates a position of authority where there is no authority, and it replaces discussion with preaching(accepting authority).

When people are discussing things, questioning things and so on, then understanding grows, and then "Jesus will be among them". There is a difference in gaining understanding and wisdom(actual church), and follow the traditions of men(physical church).

Worshiping your God is against what he tought? hms odd.

What you call worshiping I call kissing rear and is disrespectful IMO. Sure, there is much respect, love and so forth for the father, but lip service is not worship.

Sorry the pharisees did what Jesus tought against. Something thats so simple to understand people always try to twist. People think thats it so easy that it must be hard, or you must be lieing. I simple don't know what else to say to you.

There are still pharisees today, and all those functions. They are still the ones in power, and just like back then they still sit in moses seat, and sorry but that is who you "accept", them and the scribes(bible).

If you dont want to follow God then dont dude, if you dont want to trust in the bible then dont.

The only problem is you have replaced and changed what that means.

I came to a Relgion/Faith based forum to respond to such questions. All you do is troll these threads poping off about how this is wrong and how thats wrong. How christiany is the anti christ religion. Your a simple minded person who wouldnt hear the truth is Jesus stood in front of you and told you it. I will not cast my pearls before swine lest they trample them.

Go ahead and make a list of all the things warned about for the anti-christ religion. You will find that Christianity fits them all.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CaveMan TeK

I was raised Catholic, and one was taught not to ask questions. I did ask questions to myself, and a lot did not make any sense. The problem with Christianity is that dogma rules it. The ideas stated by Jesus has taken a back seat for people to make certain claims in order to get into heaven. The peace and love aspect of the religion is replaced with fire and brimstone.

I also wonder why people do not question a major religion when they change the rules midstream. The Catholic Church has done this many times:

1. They recently got rid of Purgatory.

2. They made the Virgin Mary a perpetual virgin, meaning she and Joseph never consumed their marriage.

3. They eliminated any brothers and sisters Jesus had.

I am a Pagan, and according to most Christians will burn in hell for it. Adam and Eve ate from the tree of knowledge, and were punished for it (the moral is not to ask any questions).

If one wants to follow Jesus' teachings, become a Gnostic Christian. The dogma part of it is not there to distract from the teachings of acquiring knowledge.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
All very puzzling indeed...
Heres another thing thats always got me confused. If Satan is in this war against god A) why would he act exactly according to the bible? If i were Satan i would act in a way not foretold in the bible so i would have a chance at winning, i mean why try if your demise is foretold?!? and B) why are gods war plans PUBLISHED IN THE BIBLE! if not for pure anecdotal storytelling?

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

hello

please lt me explain Hosea 11 for you

wnen you look at the forst few chapters i can understand why you say what you do.

However you have to take the whole chpater in context, there is history AND prophecy here

just the first verse alone

Hosea 11:1 KJV

When Israel was a child, then I loved him, and called my son out of Egypt.

here refers to the exodus see

Exodus 4:22 KJV

And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn

However as you read through Hosea it is clear that it also talks of future events of isreals backsliding from God and he tells how he will redeem them

Chapter 11 talks about jesus as a lion.

verse one says two things that when Isreal as a fledgling nation of all the ribes came about, god loved them/It. however he then says he called his SON out of egypt, it is Two matters being spoken of here.

As isreal was called out of egypt so was Jesus is basically what it means

david

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

There is so much compassion in the Old Testament and so much destruction in the New Testament. I really never understand how people do not see this

Just have a look at the revelation of Jesus

david

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
When you started to question christianity you weren't looking at christians. X x ./.....

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I was just reading another thread on here, and I started to wonder, why would God allow man to be decepted by other things of this world, and why he doesn't give people who are unsure or questioning, assurance?
Maybe someone could enlighten me.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   

As a Christian myself, I believe others may be saved even if dying and NEVER knowing Christ while still alive...

Repenting is basic form of salvation. Turning away with remorse from wickedness. Jesus said it himself. Worshipping Him or any specific Entity wasn't mentioned with the line.

"Believe in me and you shall not perish but have eternal life" It can be interpreted as following the Universal principles God has laid out. You may not need to know Jesus. but each and everyone of us was born with an innate ability to know good and evil. If you do what is right, then you believe God even if no one has told you ever. The bushmen tribes in Africa are a good example of a culture not yet tainted by society, they don't have laws but they don't kill each other, they know what is good and bad without anyone telling them.

My dad has prophetic visions about heaven and told us one vision that us Christians will see people in heaven we don't expect to be there

[edit on 4-5-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I left my titled religion some time ago becouse it became repetitive(Catholic). Although it did give me a beginners understanding in faith, I found myself going to different types of churches, gatherings of the Lord. I could'nt find the strength in the voices that preached over the people but I kept myself in line as much as i could. So I recently came across this book that is self teaching, you know, to help reach a higher fullfilment in missing spirit inside the vessel type of feeling. The kinda feeling you dont recieve at church becouse the truth was'nt in detail. I just got the book by mail last week. Its called,
THE Spiritual Laws and Lessons OF THE UNIVERSE by, Lord Michael, St. Germain, Sananda, and Druthea.
look it up. I hope you readers get it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join