It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Workers find message hidden in Auschwitz wall

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

and here is real food for thought:

If you would read the article you link to (which is always nice thing to do) - you would see that no where writer says that 6 millions died. He says that 6 millions are starving. Or in best case - dying. Not dead. The whole purpose is for readers to donate money to (if i read correctly, and i did read it by the way) Moses fund which would help those famished (not dead!) people, so his exaggeration is pretty understood. Now the origin for these numbers is simply number of Jews in Eastern Europe where fighting was intense throughout WW1 and Communist revolution.
I cannot find sources for 1918 Jewish population world wide,but in 1937 about 8 millions Jews lived in those areas. So it is logical that in 1918 there would be something close to six millions.
www.geschichteinchronologie.ch...
As for Jews for trucks mess, neither of us is correct. The offer was indeed unknown to US Jews until later in the war. But the offer was transferred to British diplomats who refused:

It was not until May 26, 1944 that the head of the Jewish Agency in Palestine notified a British diplomat, Sir Harold MacMichael, of the Nazis' proposals. But it only took the British a matter of moments to reject the Brand mission, seeing it as an attempt to split the Western allies from the Soviets.

www.scrapbookpages.com...
And since trucks were not made by Hagannah or Palmah in British Palestine, but by US or Great Britain- i see no way for future Israeli leaders to accept or refuse the deal.
By the way - Sephardi Jews come from (mostly,Greece and Italy too for example) Muslim countries. Ashkenazi come from (mostly) Europe.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

So - if newspaper would write that Muslims declared war on Denmark because of some offensive drawings (boycotes,prtotests, and such was in abundance) - would it speak up for itself too? I (gladly) do not see Danish ultra-rights boycotting all Muslim buisnesses and passing legislation that no Muslim can work in the government jobs. You can say that there was no headline in one of Muslim-owned newspapers in Britain. Well, i am pretty sure that even if it was written, Danish politicians would still not go the same path for some reason.
Also , for the protokol - newspaper was owned by William Maxwell "Max" Aitken, 1st Baron Beaverbrook
en.wikipedia.org...
Not a Jew.
It's editor was:
Sir Arthur Beverley Baxter
en.wikipedia.org...
Not a Jew.
Owned by Jews and ran by Jews. Not that sure. Care to elaborate further?
Only three days after "Jews" of daily express declared war, Jews of much less important and surely non-Jewish "the Jewish Board of Deputies" of Britain denied existance of boycott.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor

Originally posted by bigyin

Why do Jews insist on mixing religion with race ? They seem to have some serious issues which they have difficulty coping with.

Claiming that Jews were (even partially) responsible for the holocaust is not just incendiary and offensive, it is a downright lie and you should hang your head in shame for repeating it. And yes it is racist, since Jews are a race of people.

Where did I mention the holohoax.

As somebody else has pointed out being jewish is to be a follower of a religion nothing to do with race.

I am a Scottish Christian. My race is Scottish and my religion is Christian. I could convert tomorrow to Judaism. I would still be Scottish but my religion would be jewish.... get it ?

Imagine a country being set up just for Christians... lol... it would be illegal actually.... just as israel is.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Imagine a country being set up just for Christians... lol... it would be illegal actually.... just as israel is.

What, like Vatican? Or Saudi Arabia? The horror and illegality.... How many people of Jewish religion are in Vatican and Saudi Arabia? And how many Muslims and Christians are there in Israel...
Hypocirtical a much, aren't we....

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
reply to post by bigyin

What, like Vatican? Or Saudi Arabia? The horror and illegality.... How many people of Jewish religion are in Vatican and Saudi Arabia? And how many Muslims and Christians are there in Israel...
Hypocirtical a much, aren't we....

I have no idea... do tell

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
To a degree, Jews are recognized as a separate race.
Due to continual anti-Semitic feelings dating back to before the middle ages, the followers of Judaism have formed their own separate racial identity, mostly due to not being able to interact with the native population to any large degree.
You have a similar instance with the Gypsies and other nomad groups.

Which means that yes, hating Jews would be racist.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by RuneSpider]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
To a degree, Jews are recognized as a separate race.
Due to continual anti-Semitic feelings dating back to before the middle ages, the followers of Judaism have formed their own separate racial identity, mostly due to not being able to interact with the native population to any large degree.
You have a similar instance with the Gypsies and other nomad groups.

Which means that yes, hating Jews would be racist.

So if I were to convert to Judaism, does that make me a Jew ? and if that is the case does that mean I changed race. I didn't know it was possible to change race.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

No, not exactly.
en.wikipedia.org...

The Jewish people and the religion of Judaism are strongly interrelated, and converts to Judaism have been absorbed into the Jewish community throughout the millennia.

There's the Jewish people, and then there is the Jewish religion.
It is possible to practice Judaism and not be Jewish, and it is possible to be Jewish but not practice Judaism.

During the Holocaust, the ones who were targeted were either Jewish solely in faith, or also Jewish in a racial identity.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Why didn't they print ( in article ) what was written on the note?

Are the waiting till they can tamper with it and make it look like wha they want before they release it or something?

What good is the note story without the content written on the note.

that is like finding the 10 commandments with nothing written on them.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Please check out this speech. It will definitely help fill in the blanks to what some are referring to in this thread.

www.sweetliberty.org...

A Jewish Defector Warns America:

Benjamin Freedman Speaks

by Benjamin H. Freedman

Introductory Note -- Benjamin H. Freedman was one of the most intriguing and amazing individuals of the 20th century.

Mr. Freedman, born in 1890, was a successful Jewish businessman of New York City who was at one time the principal owner of the Woodbury Soap Company. He broke with organized Jewry after the Judeo-Communist victory of 1945, and spent the remainder of his life and the great preponderance of his considerable fortune, at least 2.5 million dollars, exposing the Jewish tyranny which has enveloped the United States.

Mr. Freedman knew what he was talking about because he had been an insider at the highest levels of Jewish organizations and Jewish machinations to gain power over our nation. Mr. Freedman was personally acquainted with Bernard Baruch, Samuel Untermyer, Woodrow Wilson, Franklin Roosevelt, Joseph Kennedy, and John F. Kennedy, and many more movers and shakers of our times.

This speech was given before a patriotic audience in 1961 at the Willard Hotel in Washington, D.C., on behalf of Conde McGinley's patriotic newspaper of that time, Common Sense. Though in some minor ways this wide-ranging and extemporaneous speech has become dated, Mr. Freedman's essential message to us -- his warning to the West -- is more urgent than ever before. -- K.A.S. ---

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
Why didn't they print ( in article ) what was written on the note?

Are the waiting till they can tamper with it and make it look like wha they want before they release it or something?

What good is the note story without the content written on the note.

that is like finding the 10 commandments with nothing written on them.

This link news.bbc.co.uk from page 1, shows the "note". As it says, the 7 workers numbers, their names and where they came from. Six from Poland and the last one on the list is from Lyon, France. He's the one still alive...

A find as great as the Auschwitz plans they found in Berlin last year...

[edit on 30-4-2009 by flymetothemoon]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
A reminder!!!!

PLEASE remain on topic! We're seeing the beginnings of derailing, and this is merely a message to stay on the topic of the letter, and to discuss it and it's implications alone. No sniping at members, and above all, deny ignorance!! If you don't know the answer to something, please look it up! It'll save you having to backtrack if you're wrong, and it'll give you a link to use as proof.

TheBorg
Forum Member and Moderator

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

Followers of Judaism, whether converts or born into the Jewish nation (including seculars), are called Jews.

en.wikipedia.org...

any part of wiki can be taken to make a point

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

My point was, that there is the people who are Jewish, in ancestry. They are a recognized racial group. There are also the people who practice Judaism, who are not Jewish by race.
Which I've already stated.
In fact, all your quote from the Wiki article does is restate what I originally quoted from the article.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
In fact, all your quote from the Wiki article does is restate what I originally quoted from the article.

I can change that.... I use Wikipedia to bend reality to my will.

*Wikipedia should not be used as a source when discussing something such as the Irish Potato Holocaust or the Jewish Holocaust.

Something to think about...

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Whoopty freaking do. I was using it to back up my point of my post, which regardless is true.

I f it please you then, here:
www.jewfaq.org...

It is important to note that being a Jew has nothing to do with what you believe or what you do. A person born to non-Jewish parents who has not undergone the formal process of conversion but who believes everything that Orthodox Jews believe and observes every law and custom of Judaism is still a non-Jew, even in the eyes of the most liberal movements of Judaism, and a person born to a Jewish mother who is an atheist and never practices the Jewish religion is still a Jew, even in the eyes of the ultra-Orthodox. In this sense, Judaism is more like a nationality than like other religions, and being Jewish is like a citizenship

There's the Jewish religion, and then there is the Jewish people.

Edit Wikipedia all you want.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

I agree with you.

I'm just reminding everyone about the unreliability of Wikipedia.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   

they are an ethnoreligous group and not a racial one - both yours and mine links say that.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
It is, perhaps, more relevant here to understand how the Nazis themselves defined 'Jewishness'. The Nazis themselves used genetics, not religion, to define who was, or was not, a 'Jew'. If you had 3 Jewish grandparents, you were legally a Jew even if you were a practising christian.

From the first supplementary decree of the Nuremberg Laws of 1935

ARTICLE 5 (1) A Jew is an individual who is descended from at
least three grandparents who were, racially, full Jews...
(2) A Jew is also an individual who is descended from two
full-Jewish grandparents if:
(a) he was a member of the Jewish religious community when
this law was issued, or joined the community later;
(b) when the law was issued, he was married to a person who
was a Jew, or was subsequently married to a Jew;
(c) he is the issue from a marriage with a Jew, in the sense
of Section I, which was contracted after the coming into
effect of the Law for the Protection of German Blood and
Honor of September 15, 1935;
(d) he is the issue of an extramarital relationship with a
Jew, in the sense of Section I, and was born out of
wedlock after July 31, 1936.

Nuremburg Laws

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor

Originally posted by bigyin

Why do Jews insist on mixing religion with race ? They seem to have some serious issues which they have difficulty coping with.

Claiming that Jews were (even partially) responsible for the holocaust is not just incendiary and offensive, it is a downright lie and you should hang your head in shame for repeating it. And yes it is racist, since Jews are a race of people.

No they are not.
"Jewish" is a religious/cultural collective & NOT a race.
80% of (ex) European Jewery are of Central Asian (Kazar Kingdom) origin mixed with Russian/Slavic & other Euro "races". FACT.

And Rothchild banks did fund the Nazis & the Allies both.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join