Aliens of Ancient China

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Yea,but at least it is a start,and I tried lol.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

WOW,great work,that coulda' been a whole thread in itself!Good job and great information.!Star on all three

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I suggest to those looking for significance in the fish symbol, look to the Zodiac, specifically Pisces.

Also, for all those here that have noticed the similarities in 'myth' from around the world, I suggest you take a look at Theosophy. These are the principles it is based upon, from Wikipedia:

en.wikipedia.org...

Theosophy is a doctrine of religious philosophy and metaphysics originating with Helena Petrovna Blavatsky (1831-1891). In this context, theosophy holds that all religions are attempts by the "Spiritual Hierarchy" to help humanity in evolving to greater perfection, and that each religion therefore has a portion of the truth. Together with Henry Steel Olcott, William Quan Judge, and others, Blavatsky founded the Theosophical Society in 1875.

The three declared objects of the original Theosophical Society as established by Blavatsky, Judge and Olcott were as follows:
First — To form a nucleus of the Universal Brotherhood of Humanity, without distinction of race, creed, sex, caste, or color.
Second — To encourage the study of Comparative Religion, Philosophy, and Science.
Third — To investigate the unexplained laws of Nature and the powers latent in man."[1]

A good site to search Theosophical texts is here:

theosophy.org...

Check it out, really a lot of cool stuff to go through.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
@GOBO -

Not that it is on topic but, let us not forget the seeming radiation burns:

When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the Testimony in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the LORD. 30 When Aaron and all the Israelites saw Moses, his face was radiant, and they were afraid to come near him. 31

I am sorry to go so far afield of the OP, but have always wondered at this myself. I took a class on Sacred Texts and one of the books we studied was Exodus -- I had not really read any of the OT prior and remember being absolutely struck by, and stridently commenting on, how it read like sci-fi (they were clearly following a 'spaceship'!). The prof. was not amused...

*slaps own hand for digression and derailment, swears to never do it again*

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

You know, why not bring it up, it is ancient, and it has to do with aliens (possibly), plus this thread is getting attention.

I will be brief though on my statement, as I do not want to go far offtopic w/o consulting the OP's, lol. I always thought Exodus and the accounts of Moses sounded an awful lot like classic ET encounters. The "burning bush"?

The radiation.......The splitting of the sea...........Moses following " a cloud" for 40 years".........lights on the mountain...........I mean come on.....I believe in God, but I do think ETs have HEAVILY influenced our history and religion.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
If any of you subscribe to the science channel their airing a great program titled "Secret Towers of the Himalayas"
In this documentary there is a discussion on the folk lore of the monkey people breeding with the Gods/Goddesses from the sky, saying its a variation on the Dragon theme.

It sounded like Bigfoot/Yeti meets/mates with the Flying Sky Gods to me.

Wait until you see the towers dotting the side of the high mountains.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Skydancer

No, Ive never heard of them......Can you link something?

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   

But that is my point exactly, dismissing that which may contradict and concentrating on something that may be supportive merely provides ammunition for sceptics to dismiss ancient alien contact theories outright.

If it is to be taken seriously then there must be a plausible explanation for everything within the picture, including the fish, so the question is still pertinent.
What does the fish represent?

Hi Freeborn,
Thanks for pointing out the fish, I didn't see it until you mentioned it! I agree with your point about cherry picking info 100 per cent. I actually edited in my response to your question above your post but I suppose you missed it. Here's what I said:

The Fish in the Picture
EDIT: The fish? I have no idea. To me it neither proves or disproves anything, perhaps the chariot is a USO not a UFO. There's no clouds, sun or moon so we've just assumed that the vehicle is in the air. There's more than a few Chinese myths that talk about dragons and celestial beings rising out of the water to talk to humans. "Ancient Chinese USOs" is another facet of this strange subject. I'm wary of too much speculation, but this whole thread is speculative, so....

As Skyfloating established in another thread, USO's are a valid, overlooked area of research, the accounts stretch back centuries or more and are perhaps more credible than many UFO sightings. Fu Xi, the Dragon hybrid mentioned by another poster, was one of many USO contactees in Chinese mythology. I personally don't think my explantion is forced and agree, the fish is a massive clue.

What d'you think of that?

[edit on 15f20091amMon, 04 May 2009 02:35:41 -050041 by HiAliens]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by HiAliens

Thanks for the reply, you are correct, I didn't see your response.

I immediately thought USO but was seeking other opinions.

In the eagerness to validate it is imperative we examine all the evidence or the sceptics etc will take great delight in ridiculing.

Still, some great stuff in this thread.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
u gotta remember though Huang-Di was not the first there were five other emperors see the link posted below

Yellow Emperor, is a legendary Chinese sovereign and cultural hero who is considered in Chinese mythology to be the ancestor of all Han Chinese. One of the legendary Five Emperors, it was written in the Shiji by historian Sima Qian (145 BCE-90 BCE) that Huangdi reigned from 2497 BCE to 2398 BCE. His personal name was said to be Gōngsūn Xuānyuán (公孙轩辕). He emerged as a chief deity of Taoism during the Han Dynasty (202 BCE-220 CE). The legend of his victory in the war against Emperor Chi You at the Battle of Zhuolu is seen as the establishment of the Han Chinese nationality.

Among his many accomplishments, Huangdi has been credited with the invention of the principles of Traditional Chinese medicine. The Huangdi Neijing (黄帝内經 Inner Canon of Huangdi) was supposedly composed in collaboration with his physician Qibo. However, modern historiographers generally consider it to have been compiled from ancient sources by a scholar living between the Zhou and Han dynasties, more than 2,000 years later.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
this confuses me it says here in his legend that he rode on a metallic dragon to the skys what was the metallic dragon though i wanna know that see below of a copy of the first post the quote where it says metal dragon is bolded

He was said to live in the Kunlun-Mountains which are in the heart of Tibet. After he lived and ruled for over 100 years he is said to have prepared his “return to the skies”. Then a metallic Dragon “descended from the sky and took Huang-Di away”. Some sources say that he did not die then but lived another 200 years in the Syuan Yuan stars (the Leo Constellation).Then a metallic Dragon “descended from the sky and took Huang-Di away”.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kitaru

The wikipedia-entry is too short to give a comprehensive picture. Thats why I referred to Chinese Mythology books when writing that piece. Such books also contain tales of older Emperors who are even more Mythological, thats correct.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
reply to post by Skydancer

No, Ive never heard of them......Can you link something?

It isn't much, but here is a one page review in .pdf form:

The Secret Towers Of The Himalayas

JKrog, it is nice to see you back here. You said you were taking a 3 month hiatus, and it was more like 6 months.
But I am glad you have returned.

This thread has prompted me to begin re-reading some of the sutras. No real relation...it just got me to thinking about Chinese culture again.

There are scant bits of information on the web about the towers (and it is the first I have heard of them). Very interesting story. Glad it was shared by Skydancer.

Here is an article that summarizes the towers in brief (but not as brief as the 1 page .pdf):

Associated Content page on the towers

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
How about these?

Secret towers of the Himalayas

In the Himalayas often close to the old trade routes are old towers, notable for there odd construction and age. Many are thought to be 1,000 or 1,200 years old and some appear to have been rebuilt.

Secret towers of the Himalayas

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
If we can believe there are aliens that visit today then why not thousands of years ago. There must be millions of civilized planets all at different stages of development at different points in time. Hell maybe aliens visited when dinosaurs roamed or visited mars when mars was inhabitable.

If I were an extra-terrestrial being I would be much more likely to make contact with a less advanced civilizations since from a technological stand-point they would be much less threatening. So many of the worlds religious texts could be talking about these enlightened and advanced beings that were trying to offer technology and moral guidance. Maybe they enjoyed playing god, who knows.

Also someone asked why they would have only taught some of the more simple (technologically speaking) and not electronics and gadgets and such. Maybe they did show some simple ones, but maybe they only gave what could be comprehended. So much technology takes an understanding of math and modern science to maintain.

Our world as it is, is violent and has weapons advanced enough to be threatening even to a people many years more advanced than we are. They are no longer going to be able to be treated as gods with the knowledge we have. Sure there is much room for learning and growing but I don't see them visiting to help advance us further on purpose (Yes, I know we may get some through crashes and reverse engineering) because it could be used against them and against ourselves. Why give a world at war deadlier technology.

This is of course my opinion and of course with it comes more questions than answers.

Awesome thread by the way I just stumbled upon this ATS 2 days ago and Have been reading all my free time since. This is only my second post and this thread has way too many ideas going through my mind so I'm sorry if it is all over the place.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Chinese Mythological Timeline

Three August Ones and Five Emperors

The Yellow Emperor of the OP is the 4th in this historical grouping.

The Three Sovereigns and Five Emperors (Chinese: 三皇五帝; pinyin: Sānhuáng wǔdì; Wade-Giles: San-huang wu-ti) were mythological rulers of China during the period from c. 2852 BC to 2205 BC, which is the time preceding the Xia Dynasty.
The Three Sovereigns, sometimes known as the Three August Ones, were said to be god-kings or demigods who used their magical powers to improve the lives of their people [..] they lived to a great age and ruled over a period of great peace.
The Five Emperors were legendary, morally perfect sage-kings. According to the Records of the Grand Historian they were:

The Yellow Emperor (黄帝)
Zhuanxu (顓頊)
Emperor Ku (帝嚳)
Emperor Yao (堯)
Emperor Shun (舜)

Possible UFO hotspot in Yunnan?

Yunnan province, in the South-West of China, is rumoured to be a UFO hotspot. I said in my original post that it was even mentioned in a guidebook. From page 839, Rough Guide to China, Oct 2005 edition. Walnut Garden in Tiger leaping Gorge:

Two establishments here provide good meals, beer and warm beds. The westerly one, Sean's, faces into the gorge and is a favourite for its English Speaking management and front porch, where you can sit after dark and watch an amazing number of satellites zipping through the clear night skies.

So not an outright reference to UFO's as this is a "serious" book, but I believe it may be a big hint. Unless Tiger Leaping Gorge is a meteor or satellite hotspot I'm not sure what else it could mean...

[edit on 15f20092amTue, 05 May 2009 00:31:36 -050036 by HiAliens]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I recall reading about one of the ancient chinese emperors, Qin, obviously aware of the ancient times knowledge was keen to retrieve the secret of immortality.

He, Qin the emperor, even tried to emulate immortality by consuming local potions and the like.

Sending out his people to find the island of Mount Penglai this place was indeed considered a Far Eastern Asian Olympus of the gods.

en.wikipedia.org...

He never found it but instead his searching colony ships are said to of found Japan instead. Not wanting to go back (and face certain death for failure) they stayed on the island and settled there.

Some even claim that Mount Penglai was discovered and is Mount Fugi, but the 8 immortals that were said to of lived there had long since gone. Perhaps ascended or disappeared...

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWayISeeIt

Hey TWISI, this is in response to the Moses and his glowing countenance. The glow was a reaction to God or alien presence, both have the same effect. This effect also makes metal shine very brightly. I really like the thread, I hope you don't think i'm picking on you, nothing could be further from the truth. Keep up the great work

[edit on 033131p://pm3154 by debris765nju]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
TWISI, this is about Nuclear Contamination

For several years it was suspected that the PRC was storing weapons and disposing of waste in TAR. In 1993 a Xinhua new report confirmed that there was 20 sq. meter dump for radioactive pollutants in Haibei Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture not far from the shores of Lake Kokonor, the largest lake on the Tibetan Plateau.(37)

The nuclear facility known as “Factory 211,” is said to be China’s premiere nuclear weapons facility. There is much concern that prior to the Xinhua news report, the PRC had been haphazardly disposing nuclear waste materials possibly as late as early as the late 1960s. The nuclear facility was decommissioned in 1987.(38)

certainly is one way to get rid of those pesky dropa aliens........

the nuclear contamination of the himalayan watershed

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Amazing work. S&F.

I only read part of the opening posts, will finish over time - but am wondering - have you looked at the I Ching?

Thanks, sofi

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def