It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell the Truth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Please, tell the truth. Who here at ATS seriously wants a violent revolution in America or anywhere else for that matter? I see plenty of veiled threats especially from the "Right to bear Arms" groups.

Who really wants to rally their friends, arm themselves and march on Washington or the Statehouse or the County Seat and start offing the politicians they disagree with. Who really is ready to stand up for their ideology and kill people? Right or Left, don't matter.

Who has the perception that the ballot box is obsolete and voting is an exercise in futility, and it's time for blood to spill?

Granted, I am suspicious of the election process and pretty disgusted with politics in general but I surely don't want for any elected official to die even if I do think they are corrupt scumbags. Perhaps be brought to trial and serve some time; but not die.

Your thoughts....

Actually I don't anticipate many responses, due to the paranoid nature of this type of forum. still....

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I believe that violence should only be used as a last resort. I do not want bloody revolution. I will go there, if thats what it takes, though.

We live in a country that is blessed, as I have said before, with the LEGAL RIGHT TO A PEACEFUL REVOLUTION EVERY FOUR YEARS. The downfall of it is as much on the citizens for not becoming informed and DEMANDING better candidates, as it is on the politicians.

If people are going to hand power over, wouldnt YOU take it?

The bottom line is, we hardly have a right to violent revolt, when we are not even using the peaceful means we have been given.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Honestly.

I do, kinda sadistic I know, but I do. In a country that has no idea what poverty really is, or what it is like to have to live in a constant fear of having your neighborhood obliterated by RPG, America could use another wake up call.

The country is only some 350 years old, relatively a new country.

Although, I do wish against violence, and if there was another way, i'd jump on that one. It just seems as if our voices are no longer heard.

Ever try to say something to someone who wasn't listening, then eventually you just had to hit em across the back of the head, yeah, congress, the admin, etc needs a big slap across the back of the head, and we can show them WE can tare off their wings they've put on their own backs, and watch them try to fly away while we take back the country to its roots.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

You know.

I would have thought people might be ever so hesitant to answer such a question given the fact that all content on the internet is now monitored.

At least you know who it is if your door gets knocked anytime soon

Guess that is just paranoia thought. Just like anything that actually happens is coincidence.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Those who think that democracy is suppose to preserve anything else but itself are nothing more than delusional.

It is an ever changing structure. On the other hand we have a constitution.

Politicians and many people confuse democracy on one side and constitution on the other, as elements for preservation of capitalism.

Democracy is suppose to take society in the direction of what majority wishes it to be.

Not here.

The very minds of the people are controlled by the real owners of EVERYTHING, capitalists.

Unfortunately, they will not give away their ( god given
) rights to control the society and change the law and even amend the constitution itself as they see fit without the fight.

It is really up to them to decide what kind of fight that is gonna be...

[edit on 29-4-2009 by 5thElement]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Whatever gets me to live an unregulated and untaxed life I'm in favor of.

If it means we all hold hands and have a drum circle to get there thats fine. If it means burning down Washington thats fine too.

Granted I wont bother putting myself in harms way for some fantasy war with the government.

I'm already far and away from most of these idiots geographically. What I need is some distraction to get them to forget about me and leave me the hell alone. Burning Washington and dumping them into the swamp might just be the distraction I need to live a free life.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

You raised a good point, I personally have no problem paying taxes, it's what the tax money is going to, is what I have the problem with.

Tax me for money to help old people live a better life, and support childrens education, that fine with me, but right now, the elders can't support themselves and are struggling severely, and the education level is poor at best.

But Iraq deserves most the money, and so does Nancy Pelosi, and GM, etc.. that's what upsets me. And i'm sure quite a few others.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Personally, I am against violence unless it is necessary. Unless it is of a friendly nature. I think the best thing we can do is attack our enemies with pointed sticks and soft cushions.

But seriously. I think government and politics is what it is and there isn't much we can do about it. I suppose we should ignore it as best we can and try to do our best with the slice of life we have allowed ourselves to have.

It is what it is and it is too big and too powerful for us little folks to do anything about. Some on here seem to think having assault weapons will somehow protect them.

THAT is funny!

[edit on 17-5-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
My history may be a little off, me being from another country but hasnt the great UNITED STATES OF AMERICA stayed great and free because our forefathers fought tooth and nail to keep it that way??

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
My history may be a little off, me being from another country but hasnt the great UNITED STATES OF AMERICA stayed great and free because our forefathers fought tooth and nail to keep it that way??

Quite true O golden one. and things went smashingly well until we had a civil war back in the 1860s

What gives me the hee bee gee bees is that the new one may mimic the old one with to factions of citizens facing off. Or roving bands ala "mad max" that would be kinda fun though.

I'm gonna join the side with the snappy uniforms. No camo for me. How about something in a nice maroon.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Uniforms....very important during a war or perhaps a costume party. Or if you are going to a gay pride parade.

Here are some ideas:

Whaaa...do you like any of these?

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Oh my god E_B, did you see the length of that gun the guy with the red sash has.

My heart started to flutter and I had to get a cold drink and sit down.

top topics

join