It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News flushes Journalism down the loo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Typical right wing philosophy:

Take something that really happened, surround it with lies and deceit, and flood it into the moronic masses to see how many actually believe it.

This video gives a clear depiction of just how far MSM will go to further it's agenda.

Journalism?
Nah. that died a long time ago.

Fox News is just 100% pure Neo-Nazi propaganda.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I wonder if FOX is trying to take advantage of this:
Colbert Study: Conservatives Don't Know He's Joking

Even though I'm sure most conservatives realize that it is a comedy show, they may think that Colbert was really trying to bust the guy out if they believe that he is the conservative version of Jon Stewart.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd
Typical right wing philosophy: Take something that really happened, surround it with lies and deceit, and flood it into the moronic masses to see how many actually believe it.

Thats also the typical LEFT wing philosophy. And it worked very well for Obama and his minions at MSNBC. Obama's lies are infamous ... and the sheeple not only bought it but they embraced it while shouting 'yes we can'.

Lies and deceit bought by the moronic masses .... this knows no party boundries.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Typical right wing philosophy: Take something that really happened, surround it with lies and deceit, and flood it into the moronic masses to see how many actually believe it.

Thats also the typical LEFT wing philosophy. And it worked very well for Obama and his minions at MSNBC. Obama's lies are infamous ... and the sheeple not only bought it but they embraced it while shouting 'yes we can'.

Lies and deceit bought by the moronic masses .... this knows no party boundries.

of all the members who subscribe here, you are the worst about off topic posting.

Back on topic:

Notice i said:

This video gives a clear depiction of just how far MSM will go to further it's agenda.

And since the context of this thread takes place on FOX NEWS, they get the headliner.

I agree, ALL main stream media sucks. Every last bit of it. But Fox News gives us this great example....and then turn around and say "We're fair and balanced" ---to ourselves.

Only FOX? What about MSNBC? Or CBS? Are they any more legit? All of the MSM pander to people with a view. Pick your flavor -

try reading the post before you type a response

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Fremd]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Only FOX? What about MSNBC? Or CBS? Are they any more legit? All of the MSM pander to people with a view. Pick your flavor -

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Fox news has BS journalism??

wow, who'da thunkit?

let us also note obama is black!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by slicobacon

Ha! well put, sir.
star for you

at least someone's paying attention!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by slicobacon
reply to post by Fremd

you people are incredible

seriously

let me re-type my post

Typical right wing philosophy:

Take something that really happened, surround it with lies and deceit, and flood it into the moronic masses to see how many actually believe it.

Journalism?

Nah. that died a long time ago.

Fox News is just 100% pure Neo-Nazi propaganda.

i added my own bold characters to emphasize the point that you're obviously missing.

This isnt about all the major networks. This is about an example of Fox News.

I agreed that all the networks have this issue, but this is about Fox News.

Can you possibly find it within your own capability to stay on topic?

Thanks

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

But Fox News gives us this great example....and then turn around and say "We're fair and balanced" ---to ourselves.

And there's the rub ...

There's no such thing as "fair" or "balanced" news. The news is the news, it is what happens, balance and fairness has nothing to do with it.

By saying "fair and balanced" what FOX is conceding is that they manipulate the news to an end.

Therefore none of this examples as the one in the OP should come as a surprise to anyone.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

that's a really good video, the guy could use some intonation though, he has a very monotone voice, it takes away from his presentation.

man, i really wonder at the american media, they don't even pretend to be proper news anymore, it's just nuts. watching from this side of the pond i kind of despair. i look at our media and get annoyed because i think they're being one sided or biased or emotive or something but then i look at the US stuff and i get a bit of a sphincter shrink.

you guys scare me, switch off already.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
By saying "fair and balanced" what FOX is conceding is that they manipulate the news to an end.

Therefore none of this examples as the one in the OP should come as a surprise to anyone.

Here's somemore of that rub:

Do you recognize and acknowledge that the vast majority of the mainstream and 'cable' media is also not "fair and balanced," that it is left leaning, and manipulates the news to no end....or should that not come a as surprise to anyone?

The Media Elite's Secret Dinners

Shocker: Obama Staffers Attend Secret Dinners With Lefty Media

Hey, did FoxNews get an invite.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I guess they are not allowed to run jokes on the Fox News channel too? They just summarized it. The Fox News guy was laughing. It was clearly that they were showing the joke by Colbert. Plus anyone with any sense knows that if it has anything to do with Colbert its some huge sarcastic joke. Is that on topic enough for you?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

Do you recognize and acknowledge that the vast majority of the mainstream and 'cable' media is also not "fair and balanced," that it is left leaning, and manipulates the news to no end....or should that not come a as surprise to anyone?

I do.

Though most of them are smart enough not to actually say it on their tag-line.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Not if you listen to Chrissy "I feel tingles in my legs' Matthews or most of the MSNBC and NBC wingnuts. Opps, who runs GE? GE owns what news media outlets? GE's ties to Team Obama are what again?

Hell, they don't need to have such as a "tag-line" being their lean is so self-evident and they simply and repeatedly vocalize it or make it known, show after show, after show. The irony here is why there is so much attention made to and on FoxNews when in truth, the vast majority of you, to include me, let political bias interfere with critical thinking. Hence, the real scrutiny here should be on how and why the vast majority of the media is in Obama's pocket or into worshipping every sound bit that Obama coughs out via his teleprompter and what effect such will ultimately have on those less inclined to cypher news in an objective way. But no matter, you folks carry on with your preferred beat-downs of FoxNews....all the while, they will continue to role on taking the top 10 spots in news, etc. Irony, huh?

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Seekerof]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Seekerof

I personally don't ever watch FOX or MSNBC, every once in a while if there's breaking news I'll briefly watch CNN but only to see what is developing. If anything I'll watch the first fifteen minutes of BBC world news, but that's only because I am aware that there is actually a world outside the US.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I don't see what type of reaction Fox News had about the subject. It showed a small clip of FNC setting up the video and the rest was the guy saying that this was edited out and this was edited out.

Did Fox News run with it in a serious tone after the clip or did they laugh about it. Who knows, I didn't see the end of the piece.

News flash.

Every News channel, newspapaer, magazine and reporter edits stuff like this because of space and time. Show me one news piece that hasn't been edited down.. Just show me one. Pick any credible source you want.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The congressman needs to learn a few things about politics. He should have never said those things. Satire is not to be exercised in the public eye, for fear of misinterpretation.

It's part of selling his soul to be a politician so that he can help his constituants. He's not really a human being anymore, at least not in public.

Now, someone may contest him in the election because they think they have a chance. Very foolish.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Cant say Im surprised Fremd... but then again lets keep in mind other news stations have done this kind of thing before... however fox has done it straight up for years.

My question fellow conservative ATSers is when any form of media is called out with such blatant lies like this, why cant we all come out in disgust and agree that any form of media caught out like this deserves to be frowned upon... no acceptions.... no excuses of what any other form of media did.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Thats also the typical LEFT wing philosophy. And it worked very well for Obama and his minions at MSNBC.

Great, I dont trust MSNBC either. Lets all agree that the mainstream media, is the mainstream media, regardless of what ideology they target towards.

Obama's lies are infamous

Towards those in the rightwing fringe. What lies by the way? Just curious.

the sheeple not only bought it but they embraced it while shouting 'yes we can'.

Because lord knows when they disagree with the rightwing fringe philosophy of ron paul, fox and alex jones they are hurled right into the sheeple box. Heck even moderates, hence them flocking across the board.

lies, deceit bought by the moronic masses .... this knows no party boundries.

Yes, both parties have lied and had their fair share of moronic minorities... Obama and his fainting fans.... to ron Paul and his alarmist clowns.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by slicobacon
reply to post by Fremd

Where did he make any acceptions to MSNBC? or other media stations?

For some reason when fox, the largest of the media outlets, is exposed, somehow rightwing fringers have to come out and "accuse the informant of being bias" but when MSNBC or other forms of media is caught out, its all "liberal media" for you. Really now, your not doing yourself a service denying ignorance if you'r only doing that across ideological lines.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join