It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah Warns Of Another Israeli Invasion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Hezbollah Warns Of Another Israeli Invasion

www.presstv.ir

A senior Hezbollah official has warned of a possible "Israeli attack" during Washington and Tel Aviv's joint military exercise in the region.

Speaking during the national dialogue talks aimed at mending the political divisions between rival Lebanese factions, Hezbollah parliamentary bloc head Mohammed Raad said Tuesday that Lebanon must go on high alert during Israel's biggest-ever military maneuvers on May 31.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Could Israel try it - attack in three fronts at same time?

Syria, Lebanon and Iran - all major enemies with single timetable? Everything to the table, "A big one" --- And all their problems would be history?

If they attack one of those at the time - they would get joint retaliation from every directions, and soon their army would stuck on defence --- But Israels army is made to attack. Can they handle three at one time - I think they will try, with US backing their efforts.

Not good - not good sign at all... Is the timetable for "negotiations" with Iran also set to May 31?

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I have a question. Is this your only news source? For some odd reason, you keep trying to pass this off as a legitimate news site.

It's not.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Most mainstream news and even many 'independents' aren't with Hezbollah- They're with Israel.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
just because a news site isnt from your country does not mean its not legitimate. In fact, you probably get a more realistic view in a lot of cases.
Btw They just might be arrogant enough to try!

[edit on 29-4-2009 by sueloujo]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
Most mainstream news and even many 'independents' aren't with Hezbollah- They're with Israel.

Do you remember Gaza?

There were reporters yelling at israeli officials and it was a 2 week israel bash fest on every station exept FOX.

The BBC and other European channels had their viewers so worked up there were thousands demonstrating in the streets!

They might not praise Hezbollah but they certainly do not praise israel either.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Since Second Lebanon war happened because of Hizbollah actions (attacking Israeli patrol on Israeli territory while firing mortars and rockets on Israeli north) , if he is sincerely worried about new hostilities in the area - i have simple suggestion - do not attack Israel.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

Damned you ignorants! Do you really think they are "making words to others mouths?" - Like just inventing these stories? ...

If the source is FOX, is it somehow better then? --- BTW, if you look to western media, do you find any breaking news from coming middle-east wars? - Nop! ... And why is that?

Have you consider, that maybe they are making news from issues that no one others do! - And why? - They are not AP&Reuters&Disney&Warner owned, like the most of the words MSM... And they do have connections to all sides of the story!

PressTV made very good and neutral broadcasting from Gaza Op, after that long experience I havent dissmiss their news at all - not more than anyone else.

In many cases PressTV is really the fastest MSM-type news channel, why? - Maybe their journalists have some freedoms that others dont have these days because of the "Agenda"... They were again first to report that WHO is considering phase 5 alert - it took 10 hours from other to get the same message out!

If you have some proofs, or evidence from their bad newsworks, please share your information with us, before condemning work of hundreds of peoples around the world - just because of your hostile attitude.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Watchman
I have a question. Is this your only news source? For some odd reason, you keep trying to pass this off as a legitimate news site.

It's not.

Wow, this is just like another poster who said a 2 state solution to israel is wrong because that's what President Ackmud agrees with.

Just because Iran says something, doesn't mean its wrong, and just because Iran wants to do something doesn't mean we should do the opposite.

I bet they want the sun to come up tomorrow, should we try to stop it?

[edit on 29-4-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

It's not.

its as legitimate as debka or haaretz is

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

It's not.

PressTV is very legitamate. One of my favorites.
When you compare their news to CNN, Reuters, you name it, it always stands up.
Very consistent.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Since Second Lebanon war happened because of Hizbollah actions (attacking Israeli patrol on Israeli territory while firing mortars and rockets on Israeli north) , if he is sincerely worried about new hostilities in the area - i have simple suggestion - do not attack Israel.

This is much like my thoughts on this subject. "Don't want no static? Don't make no static." James Brown in his song, "Static".

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
For those of you who consider PressTV a legitimate news source, please produce for me some evidence of stories in which the Iranian govt is painted in a negative light.

Even the US lame excuse for new sources will criticize the govt and govt officials. So, I am certain, since some of you have lept to defend the news source that you can supply proof to support your confidence in them.

Or, do you only require anti-Israeli rhetoric to accept a source as legit?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Do you realize that ABSOLUTELY NOTHING you posted from PressTV has come to fruition. Its like citing to Russian news during the cold war to state that Americans are dying in the streets and there is no food here.

Its nothing but propaganda.

True story: In the seventies and eighties, Russian immigrants who escaped from Soviet Union ended up in Italy while waiting for Asylum to the US or Israel.

Once a week, people would line up in Rome to get their stipend ($$$) from a local charity. In Russia, they showed footage of this on TV and claimed that all the Russians that escaped were starving and begging for food. In reality, it was like a vacation in Rome until the Embassy granted their asylum request.

Propaganda is what it is. PressTV is a fraud. Get a life and stop being brainwashed by the Iranian government.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Watchman

the same can be said for debka or haaretz - heck even jpost slams haaretz for making stuff up as they go along - the recent ` unnamed sources claim an unnamed iraanian ship carrying weapons was torpedo`d by unnamed forces` and the pro-zionists were all over it salavating like wolves.

when looking at stories its nice to have another viewpoint - russia today for example when covering the georgian attack on south ossetia was directly opposite of the western media`s view - and a balanced discussion can be had when looking at all the news articles.

the only problem is , with some stories all sides might not carry the story , and with that the news report must be looked at with a degree of uncertanty - and whilst you say all presstv stories are junk , i could easyily prove debka or haaretz were the same.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
reply to post by JanusFIN

Do you realize that ABSOLUTELY NOTHING you posted from PressTV has come to fruition. Its like citing to Russian news during the cold war to state that Americans are dying in the streets and there is no food here.

Its nothing but propaganda.

True story: In the seventies and eighties, Russian immigrants who escaped from Soviet Union ended up in Italy while waiting for Asylum to the US or Israel.

Once a week, people would line up in Rome to get their stipend ($$$) from a local charity. In Russia, they showed footage of this on TV and claimed that all the Russians that escaped were starving and begging for food. In reality, it was like a vacation in Rome until the Embassy granted their asylum request.

Propaganda is what it is. PressTV is a fraud. Get a life and stop being brainwashed by the Iranian government.

The problem with that is every country is brainwashed to some extent. News source doesn't matter anymore this day in age. Every single one has some type of agenda and there is no such thing as a reputable source when it comes to opinions and history.

Now if they started saying something blatantly wrong then yes it can be considered a unreliable source for news. However problem then becomes, sense everyone has some type of agenda, which is the more truthful source.

But because everyone has been fed propaganda from their own country of how great their country is there is no way, short of being directly on the scene at the event as it takes place, to discern truth from reality this day in age.

top topics

join