It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Threatens Nuclear, Missile Tests Unless UN Apologize

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   

North Korea Threatens Nuclear, Missile Tests Unless UN Apologizes

www.huffingtonpost.com

SEOUL, South Korea — North Korea threatened Wednesday to conduct nuclear and missile tests unless the U.N. apologizes for criticizing its April 5 rocket launch, dramatically raising its stake in the worsening standoff over its atomic programs.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
uk.reuters.com
www.timesonline.co.uk

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Mathematics]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I really can't make heads or tails of what North Korea thinks there doing. I just saw this and wanted to make sure it got up on the boards here for discussion. It really makes me wonder with the state of the world today how it can come down to you better say your sorry or we WILL go nuclear!

Math

www.huffingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
We all went to school with atleast ONE kid that had the same mentality as N. Korea

That kid that nobody had a problem with, but he would instigate his own mockery from those around him by acting like an asinine dweeb from time to time by acting out against random people and making a total ass of himself.

In the end, all he was looking for was some attention, but since the region of his brain that told him how to act in a social environment had long since given up, he was resorting to gaining attention the only way he knew how.

Same thing here. North Korea has nothing to offer, never have. They feel neglected, they feel left out. They want to beat their chest and say "look at me, i'm important too"

But just like that kid in High School, the teachers would protect him and give him the false impression that his behavior was acceptable and the other kids were just being mean.

Which, of course, when you consider the long term effects it's all Malarky.

The UN needs to stop being the 'teacher on the playground' letting N. Korea throw their temper tantrums to get their way.

"They will test Nuclear Missiles"??
Please.

It's just a hype to get some more attention, and nothing more.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Please tell them to go ahead and do it.

They have shown time and time again that they are going to do what they want to do whether anyone likes it or not.

Their constant threats are getting old.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I say let the crazy #$@$#% send something up. If it leaves their airspace, consider it an act of war, and shoot it down. Then flatten them. Have China and Russia agree beforehand. This guy is insane, and just like a High School bully, needs to have his a$$ kicked, and hard. There are too many things going on for us to be bothered by this nutcase.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
HAHAHahAhAhahahahaHAhAHHAahhahahahAh.... ohhhh mercyy.

That is..SO absolutely hilarious... I can just imagine a bunch of short stubby middle aged Koreans sitting in a conference room dressed up like soldiers bitching pissing and moaning about the Western devils and the UN, proudly proclaiming their superiority both intellectually and physically. Its like small man syndrome, only with country's haha

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I agree, call his bluff. But be sure to make him aware of the consequences for doing so. Why is this lunatic allowed to wreak havoc? Why is it tollerated, ohhhh yeahhhh....N.K has no oil, right, right, I almost forgot. If there was oil there, we would have had a "lil Kim" hanging video long ago

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
Why is it tollerated, ohhhh yeahhhh....N.K has no oil, right, right, I almost forgot. If there was oil there, we would have had a "lil Kim" hanging video long ago

Tadaaa... yep, nations only act with bravery if they stand to gain something.

A battle with North Korea means you walk away empty handed. I.e, not worth the effort.

Unless you're Russia, they stand to gain a few things from North Korea... extra coastline for one.
Which is why they seem to be the only ones attempting to negotiate with them with any form of rationality.

Everyone else is happy just to grab the old "sanction" rubber stamp and whine to themselves about not being listened to.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I agree with most here.

North Korea has done a really good job at flailing their arms in the past several years. It never ammounts to anything. They will do whatever it is they see fit and no nation's letters or stern words is going to stop that.

NK knows that the UN won't apologize for critizising them on a launch that was deemed "illegal" underneath the treaty signed in the past, they are simply looking for an excuse to have another test.

More arm flailing, more stern words and letters.

Another day on the stage of world politics.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Do I need to say it?

Should I say it?

I'm going to say it!

I told you so!

Where are all the ones who said that the N Korean "Satellite" Launch was just that a Satellite launch and not a missile test now?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Retikx

Well at this point it really doesn't matter Little Kimmy's Cheese has slid right off his cracker if he thinks this is going to go his way again like the launch the US and her Allies will get very serious now.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I say let them do it, if it's within their own borders/airspace. Call their bluff, we might find out IF they're actually capable of nuclear weapons technology. and if they are, they're just wasting what little fissionable material they may actually have.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I'd say dont even give them a chance to do it. Go kick thier asses now. Dont' wait for it to be too late. Go in, overthrow the govt. free the ppl...thats what the american govt. does isn't it? It liberated Iraq

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Dear Mr, Kim Jong-il

You are an idiot. Go ahead and see what happens. Ha ha.

Love,
Barack Obama

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I think that the entire world should just ignore that idiot.

Send them a message that basically says grow up. When you're ready to be a part of the rest of the world let us know.

Then, silence........

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Ignore him? Yes that has been tried several times and every time that happens he makes threats or breaks off talks. This is getting old and his neighbors know that his missiles are crap and he just said they are going to test a nuclear one? What happens if the missile tanks right over Japan this time? Spreading nuclear material all over the sky.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
if they did fire a missile with a small nuke and it tanked over japan. It would be bad. Also you do know that Japan has the 2nd largest navy in
the world? With many guide missile destroyers, cruisers and other ships in there fleet. id say they'd go ahead and wipe the NK's off the map with one swift strike. And afterwards russia & china could fight over the pieces. Who cares if NK has over a million troops, they have no navy. I'd say let the japanese kick there buns back to the stone age.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
so all the posters here saying `hell yeah stand up to them`

hope your waiting in line at the recruiting office - either that or shut up.

Fremd,

nice story but one small detail - that person you describe sounds awefully like he was on the autism spectrum. higher order , but very much with the lack of social handling skills as most `normal` people would have.

so you mock autistic kids do you?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

ummm nope, thats not what I'm saying at all. what I'm saying is let him have his little tantrum and see what toys he really has got to throw out of the pram. so not ALL the posters are saying bomb them back to the stone age.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
so all the posters here saying `hell yeah stand up to them`

hope your waiting in line at the recruiting office - either that or shut up

I already spent 15 years in the USAF, I did my time, have you? I love the way some people spout stuff when they haven't walked the walk..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join