It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private moon rover set for Apollo 11 landing site

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Private moon rover set for Apollo 11 landing site

www.msnbc.msn.com

Nearly 40 years after Americans first set foot on the moon on July 20, 1969 with NASA's historic Apollo 11 flight, a host of private rocketeers are hoping to follow to win a $30 million prize.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Sounds interesting - I am sure this will bring home some interesting images of the moon surface.. But does anyone think that there may be hands or airbrushes at work prior to the public seeing the images from this rover?? Guess we'll have to wait and see.. Can't wait until they send back pictures of the historical landing along with foot prints and flag??

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
IF the little stain of a rocket makes it out into space and IF it has any hope of actually successfully navigating toward the right location... it will be shot/nudged/sabotaged off course by the PTB in order to prevent real raw data and images of the moon from coming out.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hdchop

Given the advancement of modern Computer graphics....
You think the guys at pixar will be able to make a better fake moon landing than the first?

/end sarcasm

Seriously though, this is good stuff. There's been too much lethargic behavior as far as space exploration goes.

Sending a rover to Mars is cool the first time, but whats the point in doing it again and again and again?

Let's start looking to our moon for ways to Terraform, ways to colonize. You know, the technologies we'll some day need after we develop the technology that allows a human to reach mars

I suppose private commercialization of space flight is really what we need though....it's amazing how well a little bit of money can influence some of the greatest ideas of our time.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I was loving the idea until I saw Raytheon was involved

Astrobotic also gained serious financial muscle by partnering with Raytheon Co.

I remember reading this thread
Former Ministry of Homeland Security Functionary Becomes VP of Raytheon

I just hope nothing is hidden from the people. At least they will beam back pictures of Buzz Aldrens footprints and hopefully we can put the moonwalk conspiracy to rest.

-E-

new topics

top topics

join