It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Urge Torture Probe by Special Counsel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Democrats Urge Torture Probe by Special Counsel

www.truthout.org

Washington - Congressional Democrats turned up the pressure on the Obama administration Tuesday to start a criminal investigation by a special counsel into harsh interrogations of terrorism suspects.

It would be a conflict of interest for President Barack Obama's Justice Department to investigate lawyers from the Bush administration, even though they no longer work for the government, Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee said.

In a letter to Attorney General Eric Holder, the Democrats wrote, "It is impossible to determine at this stage, and before conclusion of the neces
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Ya know. This is starting to piss me off. It would be a "conflict of interest" for the Obama Admin to investigate lawyers from the bush admin. This is complete b.s. Whatever happened to change we can believe in? LIES all of them LIES!!!!!!!!!! Say goodbye to America we are controlled by gangsters and fascist elitists.

www.truthout.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29-4-2009 by iamjesusphish]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I've always said this. I've hoped that some of the principled Democrats would do it anyways regardless of what President Obama thinks. Obama is wrong. We need to know the truth about what happened so we can prevent it from happening in the future.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Nothing will come of this. The Anarchy of the Establishment will continue. Wars, torture, terrorist attacks, massive fraud. The Elite commit crimes on a scale most of us can scarcely imagine and nothing is ever done about it. That's anarchy.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamjesusphish
It would be a "conflict of interest" for the Obama Admin to investigate lawyers from the bush admin.

It's a conflict of interest to not investigate them...

And I do firmly think that there is a conflict of interest inherent in the class structure...not that it needs changing but there will always be conflicts of interest.

top topics

join