It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane From Mexico Quarantined at BWI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   

LINTHICUM, Md. - Airport officials say 117 passengers were briefly detained on an AirTran Airways plane that flew to a Maryland airport from Mexico because two people on board were sick.

Airport spokesman Jonathan Dean says Flight 85 landed at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday at Baltimore-Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport from Cancun, Mexico.

Dean says the airline reported two male passengers with nausea and fever. The plane taxied to the international gate, where it was met by the airport's fire and rescue department.

WJLA News: Plane From Mexico Held At BWI For Two Sick Passengers

In retrospect, the news is now reporting that the gentlemen in question simply "Drank too much", thus suffering "GI Problems", and they have subsequently been sent off on their merry way per say. I find this in absurd contradiction to the notion that they had "Fevers", as Fevers are not typical with GI Issues. A Fever is indicative of a severe Bacterial infection, or a Viral infection.

I also feel that it comes as little comfort that a similar flight landed at an airport much closer to my residence at around 0330 HRS EDT the morning before the BWI FLT in question (28APR09). They even had individuals taking off their masks and saying: "Oh, what's the difference, the masks are worthless". I live near a HUGE Hispanic community, and many of them are illegal, so we shall see whether or not it spreads nearby, and if so, will the illegals hide it so as to not risk deportations?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I've worried about the illegal problem and their response to it as well.
And since you bring it up, I'm going to add on something I was thinking.

I was detained in jail for last year for a bit. During that time I met 28 illegals who had been picked up and were being held. Now my question is if this flu is indeed infecting Hispanics down there, wouldn't the Hispanic population up here in the Us be more at risk than the average joe living in a middle class neighborhood, in the good part of town.

I wonder how many people in jails across america could be coming down with the swine flu just based on the influx of people going in and out everyday from all different walks of life.

It'd be a good solution to the overpopulation in jails issue right? Infect their families, one illegal gets sick, gets picked up, sits in jail for a week or two, how many more people would catch it after that?

I really think this is something to look out for.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdJohnAdams

In this perspective, it almost seems as if this is our government's "final solution" to the illegal immigrant "problem". Especially if this virus was in fact engineered, and is ethnically targeted. This may sound a bit off the wall, but stranger things have happened. Merely speculation, but interesting nonetheless.

BWI is a bit too close for comfort to me. That's practically my backyard, and VERY close to York, which has an ENORMOUS hispanic population, both legal and otherwise.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Your right it does sound off the wall.
But at the same time look at where all the deaths are. Could there be more on the way, possibly, I'm starting to doubt the US will be hit as hard as mexico.

Just the statistics and the conspiracy mind is enough to really make one question if ethnicity has any thing to do with it.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I also forgot to mention that York County Prison has a large population of Federal detainees awaiting deportation or ICE hearings.

Watch out York... Only 40 or so miles from Baltimore...

top topics

join