It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toddler is first U.S. swine flu death

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Not to sound insensitive, but a baby is very vulnerable to anything and everything with their developing immune system. How many babies die each day from other diseases and aren't reported?

All of this reporting, there is another agenda to it all, and it's not to keep us informed --it is to make us feel in danger. If I wanted to capture the ears of America I'd report that a baby died. Knowing which buttons to press is not merely as important as when to press them. How many people here on ATS alone are now paying attention because of the death of a baby? How much you wanna bet it wasn't from Swine flu, too?

One death means they can go on with the testing stages, or whatever the medical terms for the different stages are, with different vaccines. Many deaths means they can force vaccinations. I'm thinking it's going to get to that point, but not with this flu. It'll all increment, so we all can get used to it all and it all starts here --awareness of the possibility that it could happen. Kinda like how terrorism did, isn't it? A terrorist in 2001 had a weapon, and came from the Middle East. Where are we now with what the definition of a terrorist is? Someone in the news recently called our Vets terrorists. Unbelievable.

Let's hope they don't do a 911 incident only with some disease, so instead of expanding on the definition of what a terrorist is, expand the circumstances forever on who and when an individual can be "quarantined."

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I don't know if it has been stated, but apparently this baby was Mexican. Why are only people in Mexico dying, even healthy ones? Could it be race specific?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I believe this has been blown way out of proportion...did anyone know that babies get sick very easily? it take them a hell of a time to get over it which is why many parents end up taking their infant to the hospital when there temp spikes to 103. Of course infants and old people will die from this since their immune system sucks.

Besides you are all worried over this when there is many other viruses out there killing people on a daily basis and yet your worried about this little one. Yeah it killed people it happens every year all the time.

My co-workers mom is a nurse and she said this flu isn't even bad and the media has just over blown this thing to get people to worry and panic so they can put martial law down, they pretty much will say anything to get people to panic or whatever.

I mean seriously why not watch it and see where it leads to...if it leads no where then there is nothing to worry. If it truthfully kills a bunch of people in the U.S. like a massive amounts of people then yes worry. So far no one has died besides that infant.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
Not to sound insensitive, but a baby is very vulnerable to anything and everything with their developing immune system. How many babies die each day from other diseases and aren't reported?

That just brings up the whole argument of how much this is being dramatized by the media. I mean, lets look at the figures for AIDS and Tuberculosis. Gosh, this will blow over in 2 months, maximum.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Memysabu
And this flu isnt even what Im scared of. Im worried about the second pass.
[edit on 29-4-2009 by Memysabu]

I'm hopeful that the "second pass" delivers what all the hoopla activity promised and that we have not wasted so much disc space for nothing. No one likes to look like a fool, right?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by serbsta

This is definitely race-specific. The baby was Mexican, the target was Mexico City. What will these evil people do next?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The Mexican Hating Swine Virus, now I've heard it all.

Don't think the virus can tell what language you speak, but that's just my theory.

The danger of this virus is not the current outbreak, many others here have hit the nail on the head by mentioning the "second pass," which will be the true pandemic.

Google avian flu and find out how many birds die from this virus, and why humans haven't in the past. In other words I could hang around a sick bird all day and not get sick myself.

Enter the N1H1 virus. A magical virus that not only contains the avian component like the virus that's killing thousands of birds, but the swine component that took 40 million lives in the 1918 outbreak. And of course it can now bind to a Human substrate.

So N1H1 is released and is being passed though out the world, human to human, and is airborne. Media and WHO report 8 deaths as level 5 pandemic.

but why many have asked, with so few deaths?

because they know something that you don't.

They know that because this N1H1, (which apparently does not have the "killer gene" that is killing the birds as shown by the low mortality rate in this outbreak) will not only spread in the Human population, but will also cross into the avian population due to it's "avian" component.

This is where it gets interesting. While in the bird population, N1H1 will be exposed to more deadly forms of avian flu. Through recombination of genetic material, eventually over time the "killer gene" found in normal bird flu will transfer to the N1H1 virus and because of the human component with this new "killer" mutation of N1H1 will be able to reinsert itself into the human population.

Thus you will have a virus containing the killer gene that has been killing off birds for all those years now able to bind to a Human Substrate.

And that's when things will start getting messy . . . Level 6 here we come!

[edit on 30-4-2009 by DrZERO]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Viral
I don't know if it has been stated, but apparently this baby was Mexican. Why are only people in Mexico dying, even healthy ones? Could it be race specific?

"Mexican" is not a race! It is a nationality. It is also a country with NATIONAL healthcare.

I've posted quotes in this thread of Mexican ciitizens who were denied care and refused admittance to facilities.

The first death was a woman who had sought treatment from over half-a-dozen clinics beofre dying of pneumonia after fianlly getting taken to a hospital.

This is more about governement control of medical care and media hype than about anything else.

jw

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by serbsta

This is definitely race-specific. The baby was Mexican, the target was Mexico City. What will these evil people do next?

"Mexican" is not a race! It is a nationality. It is also a country with NATIONAL healthcare.

I've posted quotes in this thread of Mexican ciitizens who were denied care and refused admittance to facilities.

The first death was a woman who had sought treatment from over half-a-dozen clinics beofre dying of pneumonia after fianlly getting taken to a hospital.

This is more about governement control of medical care and media hype than about anything else.

jw

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join