It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toddler is first U.S. swine flu death

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Memysabu

Originally posted by DangerDeath
This whole pandemic talk is so much a flag operation, it's incredible! It makes absolutely no sense except for an opportunity to manipulate public attention away from real problems.

Look at it this way, this flu was man made. So if this was never made all the people who are going to die from it wouldnt have died. So who just commited genocide? Will this be the largest mass murder in history?

Even if it is a genocide, who is going to prove it? Who is going to answer for it?
Such crimes are never punished. There will be a few "suicides" of people who might have known something, not in very clear circumstances of course.

The ptb will stay where they are and laugh in self appreciation as usually...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

exactly, no one will ever get punished. it will go under national security, of america.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Originally posted by serbsta

Lets hope this is the only fatality. Does anyone think this will get more serious or is this the end of it?

No one has pointed out several important considerations:

The child was a Mexican citizen, brought to Brownsville, Texas. After becoming ill, the child was taken to Jouston for treatment.

Thus far, the Mexican mortality rate is less than 8%. All fatalities were people who delayed treatment.

A significant percentage of the fatalities were under a nationalized health care system that failed to prevent or treat their illness.

Worldwide, the mortality rate is less than 1%, excluding the Mexican cases, and is 0% ( no mortality) excluding Mexican citizens.

WHO, HHS and CDC perceive only a mild health threat.

The WHO 'level 5' is an evaluation of the threat of spread based on multi-country confirmations of infection. It is NOT an assessment of mortality!

jw

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I thought it was only fatal to 18-40 year olds?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297

A significant percentage of the fatalities were under a nationalized health care system that failed to prevent or treat their illness.

So you think that those millions of Americans with zero health coverage are somehow going to be better off under our corrupt system?

Seriously, come on.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Quite remarkable posts in this thread considering the audience of this site.

This virus is deadly, purely because there is no known cure...yet. This 'first wave' will be mild, the summer will see it dwindle down to nothing but then in the autumn, it may be back with a vengeance.

By this weekend, there will unfortunately be many, many deaths in the USA then Europe will follow soon after, as there is a latency from confirmation of swine flu to death.

So my question to those ignorant enough to say things like 'what's the fuss all about, the normal flu kills many more, blah, blah', when will you start to worry? Will it take 30k deaths in 3 days to make you wake up and smell the coffee, just don't inhale.

Why not take maximum precautions NOW as you are privy to info on this site that would never be shown on MSM.

Just little things like doorknobs or using an ATM and pushing the buttons, should make you be aware of possible contamination.

p.s. A doctor on UK SkyNews last night said the virus can live for ~24hours on a hard surface for example. So when you go shopping, pick the tins at the very back, as they haven't been manhandled by recent shoppers.

I strongly urge everyone to lock-down for 2 weeks and watch how this develops.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Originally posted by Retseh

So you think that those millions of Americans with zero health coverage are somehow going to be better off under our corrupt system?
Seriously, come on.

No, but national health care is not the answer.

Mexico's program amounts to "no health care:"

www.deseretnews.com...

But even as Mexican officials urged those with flu symptoms to seek medical help, some complained of being turned away.
In Toluca, a city west of the capital, one family said health authorities refused to treat a relative Sunday who had full-blown flu symptoms and could barely stand. The man, 31-year-old truck driver Elias Camacho, was even ordered out of a government ambulance, his father-in-law told The Associated Press.
Paramedics complained that Camacho — who had a fever, was coughing and had body aches — was contagious, Jorge Martinez Cruz said.
Family members took him by taxi to a public hospital, but a doctor there denied Camacho was sick and told the trio to leave, Martinez said.
"The government told us that if we have these symptoms, we should go to these places, but look how they treat us," Martinez said. Camacho was finally admitted to the hospital — and placed in an area marked "restricted" — after a doctor at a private clinic notified state health authorities, Martinez said.
Jose Isaac Cepeda, who has had fever, diarrhea and joint pains since Friday, said he was turned away from two hospitals — the first because he isn't registered in the public health system, and the second "because they say they're too busy."

There are many other alternatives if you think about it or look around.

I'll give a supplement to this in a couple minutes, or you could do some research of your own.

The Feds are not the only answer, or even the best answer.

jw

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Okay. I promised you a couple of avenues to consider as alternatives to our current health care problems, other than BHO and Uncle Sam.

Here's a couple of links to different ideas.
"Healthcare X Prize"
www.reuters.com...

"Why Health Insurance Doesn’t Work"
(Our current health insurance programs rob the consumer of money and buying power, as well as their right to choice in care and providers.)
www.associatedcontent.com...

I'm sure there're dozens of others floating around the ether if you want to try to think on your own instead of having MSM and BHO feed you thier dreams.

Be creative and think of ways to return our health to our own hands, not those of others with more money and other motives than our personal well-being.

Deny ignorance.

jw

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:51 AM
link   

The child was a Mexican citizen, brought to Brownsville, Texas. After becoming ill, the child was taken to Jouston for treatment.

Thats IT.. Swine flu is genetically engineered to target Mexicans, Aids, African descent and Bird Flu targets Asians..

It wont be long and theyll run out of races and theyll start the in-fighting..
Just who are "they" though?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxpigxx
I thought it was only fatal to 18-40 year olds?

You guys might wanna start thinking in terms of multiple strains. Thats my current theory. Someone decided Mexico city looked like a good bioreactor.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This is ridiculous.

In America, every year, influenza accounts for 36000 deaths according to the CDC.

This terrifying and deadly swine flu has killed exactly one person in America.

So, 'normal' flu kills THREE THOUSAND SIX HUNDRED TIMES MORE PEOPLE.

When are people going to wake up and realize they're being manipulated?

It's embarassing to watch everyone scurry and bow and watch the 24 hour news coverage intently for instructions on what to do. You're more likely to die from a bad reaction to Tylenol, or choking on an olive in your martini.

I feel for the family of this child - I can't imagine what I would do in their place, but all this hype isn't helping anyone. It's making the situation worse.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Originally posted by PrisonerOfSociety

So my question to those ignorant enough to say things like 'what's the fuss all about, the normal flu kills many more, blah, blah', when will you start to worry? Will it take 30k deaths in 3 days to make you wake up and smell the coffee, just don't inhale.

Ignorant? So we should "lock-down for 2 weeks and watch" ... ?

How about common sense?

No non-Mexican deaths anywhere. 0 fatalities outside of Mexicans, 2100+ confirmed infections.

Less than 8% worldwide mortality including those Mexicans who received late, inadequate or no treatment under their "Public Healthcare System."

What about normal hygiene?

Wash your hands frequently.
Never touch your food, mouth or face without washing you hands.
Avoid avenues of contagion like schools with confirmed infections, crowded events, contact with sick/symptomatic people.

If you define 'ignorant' as being aware of facts, history and biology, and choose to take the enlightened road proffered by fearmongers and worse, no one should take your advice.

Do you intend to "lock-down for 2 weeks?"

deny ignorance

jw

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Ok, so the new official "death count" is SEVEN.. thats right, they missed it by 143..
so instead of 150 deaths, the new count is SEVEN..
hmmm..

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WyrdeOne

Your comments are totally understandable. I was of this line of thinking too...that the "normal" flu kills thousands every single year. But here is why this swine flu scares me...

Regular flu has killed thousands since January

Cnn.com

Worldwide, the annual death toll from the flu is estimated to be between 250,000 and 500,000.

About 9 out of 10 of those deaths are among people older than 65, Currie said. Most times, they already have health problems that the flu makes worse, he said.

What worries me is that if 90% the "regular" flu deaths are in people who are over 65 and most of them already have health problems, what does that say about this swine flu that is killing perfectly healthy, young people?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Lets hope this is the only fatality. Does anyone think this will get more serious or is this the end of it?

I, honestly, have no opinion one way or the other - at this point. It is so hard, right now, to tell if this will become what it is being hyped to become. I do believe this is just the first of many deaths to come. However, knowing if it will be anything other than like most years for 'flu' deaths?? Very hard to tell.

My gut definitely has me wondering WHY the government is so damn involved & freaking out about this if it was anything different than 'normal' yearly flu deaths......none of it makes sense UNLESS, of course, the government knows something about this no one else does.

I think the government is way too involved in this!! Why are they making annoucements and not the CDC?? Not that I believe any of them, mind you!!

All fatalities were people who delayed treatment.

This is just great as so many have no health insurance at all. Thus many who are ill will try to 'doctor' them selves because they cannot afford to go to the doctor....

"Why Health Insurance Doesn’t Work"

I'll tell you why is does not work for me.....Just got a new job in Nov, 08 and was elegible for coverage after 30 days. I had been empolyed for the prior 2 years with no insurance at all. But doctor was charging me very reduced rates because of this. (Like $40-$50/per visit)

Then I get the so-called coverage which stated $10 office visits. So I used it only to receive a bill 3 weeks later for $98!!!!!! For the very same type of visit I was on self pay for $40-$50/per visit!!

I am payine $70.monthly for an 'insurance that has me being charge by the doctor more than double what I pay as self pay!! Outrageous!!! Needless to say I am going back to self pay and checking with local hospital about a card to pay as low income at a reduced rate because it is obvious to me that by trying to do the RIGHT thing and acquire health ins. was a mistake!

With this so-called insurance I cannot afford to go to the doctor - for crying out loud!!! I'm sure other are in the same situation I am. Thus, will not go for any health care until it may be too late.

Things in this country really suck sometimes..............

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Good advice, can not be stated enough. Common sense for the most part.

And above all...do not panic.

I can see it now, however... an infected person running down the street..." I've got it!, I've got it! Help me! I've got it!". All the while passing it along to all he comes in contact with...

DO NOT PANIC...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
A quick search reveals that there are only 313 laboratory confirmed cases of this new flu virus worldwide and the official death toll is 8, all of whom are mexicans.

The officially confirmed cases in countries other than mexico all consist of mild symptoms associated with seasonal flu and the sufferers are recovering after a few days with little or no treatment, with just 2 people outside of mexico requiring hospitalisation.

It seems a bit weird that only mexicans are being seriously affected, but this could just be due to geographical factors.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by owzitgarn

A quick search reveals that there are only 313 laboratory confirmed cases of this new flu virus worldwide and the official death toll is 8, all of whom are mexicans.

Yea, i think i just said that, about 4 posts up.. well i said 7 and I got the info from this site.

here

who quoted a WHO rep...

vOnly 7 swine flu deaths, not 152, says WHO * April 29, 2009 - 4:34PM A street performer wears a mask painted silver in Mexico City. A street performer wears a mask painted silver in Mexico City. A member of the World Health Organisation (WHO) has dismissed claims that more than 150 people have died from swine flu, saying it has officially recorded only seven deaths around the world. Vivienne Allan, from WHO's patient safety program, said the body had confirmed that worldwide there had been just seven deaths - all in Mexico - and 79 confirmed cases of the disease.

seriously, dont you people even read a post that doesnt have a report of a death or some other doomsayer topic in it?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Champagne

I am not the only one then...

If no subscribed to the "health insurance" ponzi scheme, health care costs would plummet...Insurance companies suck the life blood from the economy...

Just how many companies and agents are needed anyway? My life insurance charges me 150 dollars/month, say, and the actual cost of the insurance is $15.75! The remainder goes toward the huge building, advertisements, and the agent! So, what am I paying for? I know I'm gonna die.

The same break-down can be applied to health care...and auto/ home insurances. How many times do you see that GEICO commercial everyday?

Insurances...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Don't think anyone brought this up yet, but I heard on the radio the child who died, had just recently come up here for medical care he is a Mexican Citizen, so technically it's the first death in America, but the child just got here.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join