It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Toddler is first U.S. swine flu death

page: 1
6
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Source



WASHINGTON - A government official confirmed the first U.S. death from the new H1N1 swine flu on Wednesday, a 23-month-old child who died in Texas.

It is the first death from swine flu reported outside Mexico, the country hardest hit by the influenza outbreak. The disease is suspected of killing more than 150 people in Mexico and sickening over 2,400 there.

The official gave Reuters no other details on the case. U.S. officials have confirmed 65 cases of swine flu, most of them mild.


Lets hope this is the only fatality. Does anyone think this will get more serious or is this the end of it?

[edit on 29/4/2009 by serbsta]




posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
This will not be the only fatality it has only just begun. Sad situation, Im in Texas and have isolated myself this is why. Not because I know Ill die but because people ARE dying. And this flu isnt even what Im scared of. Im worried about the second pass.



[edit on 29-4-2009 by Memysabu]



posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Memysabu
This will not be the only fatality it has only just begun. Sad situation, Im in Texas and have isolated myself this is why. Not because I know Ill die but because people ARE dying. And this flu isnt even what Im scared of. Im worried about the second pass.



[edit on 29-4-2009 by Memysabu]


What do you mean by the second pass?



posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Well I dont think this flu was meant to kill a lot of people. Because of this flus genetic make up a lot of Dr's are scared it will recombine with bird flu in the wild and come back for a second pass. Only the second time it will be as infectious but with a 90% mortality rate.



posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
it's the end of the northern hemispheres flu season aswell, it will probably make a second pass alright. all the other pandemics did.

it must be heart breaking for the parents of that child, poor things, it's awfully sad.



posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
it's the end of the northern hemispheres flu season aswell, it will probably make a second pass alright. all the other pandemics did.

it must be heart breaking for the parents of that child, poor things, it's awfully sad.


Since this flu sems to be extremely contagious, and depending on whether he's contracted a mutated & more severe variant, his parents might be the next fatalities.


I had thought it odd that no one outside Mexico had died & it was suggested that it had mutated to a milder form. Of course, strain A mutates so fast that it could just as easily go the other way & mutate into something even worse.

The fact it was a child shouldn't make people think this isn't very bad news, it could be the beginning of something worse.

I've put up a site to collect the news from various news channels & with an updated google map at Flu Symptoms if anyone wants to keep up to date with the news.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Power_Semi]



posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
it's the end of the northern hemispheres flu season aswell, it will probably make a second pass alright. all the other pandemics did.

it must be heart breaking for the parents of that child, poor things, it's awfully sad.


yes but the point is

What will happen to Africa? and southern hemisphere now?



posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this update. I thought I heard this on the news, but my son was yelling so I couldn't really pay attention to the news... This really scares me because of my son (17 months). I am not going to take him to any populated places like Wal Mart or the mall. I also suggest people stop eating out. You don't know who is making your food or what they might be carrying. Good luck everyone!



posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by digitalwarrior
yes but the point is

What will happen to Africa? and southern hemisphere now?


as far as i know, flu season, as such, is only really a factor in temperate zones. the southern hemisphere doesn't have a lot of land in temperate zones so it tends to be less of an issue.


also, just a thought on human nature, why does something like this always seem more real when it happens in a country that speaks the same language as you? the mexican deaths are no less real on an academic level, to me, but on an emotional level this is more striking. very odd.

[edit on 29/4/09 by pieman]



posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by pieman
 


I suspect it hits home more when you share a language because it makes the affected more similar to one self. Language is usually the first barrier between two people and then culture, but if you notice quite often groups that share the same language have similar cultures to an extent.



posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Some of you guys are like vultures, just waiting on the first victim that you could actually put a face and name to.
Its sad that anyone has died but a two year old child just makes it that much worse.
I hope you people didnt cause any other tragedies by knocking someone down in your haste to be the first to post about this childs death and the poor family that lost him.

Well, at least you guys have something else to talk about now. It was obvious that you guys were getting bored, the conspiracies were getting pretty wild, even for this place.

Maybe because he was from my home state or maybe because he was a child but it has definitely made me a bit more vigilante about this situation.



posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Memysabu
 


You are so right, once the pass was made between animal to human is going to be easier for any of the other type of flu to do the same as we human has become more vulnerable to infections.

In my opinion this all a human manipulated mutation



posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Swine Flu - a last-chance, desperate attempt on behalf of the NWO to avoid their imminent spiral into total defeat..

Read why here: divinecosmos.com...



posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Kids always die of the flu. Kids, the elderly and people with underlying medical conditions such as immune disorders and organ problems.

When the 30 year old triathletes start dropping I'll freak.



posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magzoid
Swine Flu - a last-chance, desperate attempt on behalf of the NWO to avoid their imminent spiral into total defeat..

Read why here: divinecosmos.com...



Seriously that guys a nut. Are you the one who wrote that article? Its total crap.



posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
This whole pandemic talk is so much a flag operation, it's incredible! It makes absolutely no sense except for an opportunity to manipulate public attention away from real problems.

www.cnn.com...




But even if there are swine-flu deaths outside Mexico -- and medical experts say there very well may be -- the virus would have a long way to go to match the roughly 36,000 deaths that seasonal influenza causes in the United States each year.



posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Besser says he expects more deaths. It's getting worse, and nothing is being done. All part of the plot.



posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
This whole pandemic talk is so much a flag operation, it's incredible! It makes absolutely no sense except for an opportunity to manipulate public attention away from real problems.



Look at it this way, this flu was man made. So if this was never made all the people who are going to die from it wouldnt have died. So who just commited genocide? Will this be the largest mass murder in history?



posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Trust me DangerDeath, that is one of the benefits of pushing the pandemic to keep the public afraid and away from the economic woes, unemployments and foreclosures, meanwhile while we all worry about the next casualty our own government keeps funneling billions on the zombie banks.

Still this cause for worry because the link to animal to human contamination has been breached and that still will make us human more suggestible to an arrange of other diseases that until now were off human limits.



posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Trust me DangerDeath, that is one of the benefits of pushing the pandemic to keep the public afraid and away from the economic woes, unemployments and foreclosures, meanwhile while we all worry about the next casualty our own government keeps funneling billions on the zombie banks.

Still this cause for worry because the link to animal to human contamination has been breached and that still will make us human more suggestible to an arrange of other diseases that until now were off human limits.


Oh, I trust you. It is pure media manipulation, even if it is not a "manufactured virus".

As for human-animal connection, maybe that is the normal way of evolution
further dehumanization of humans...



new topics

top topics



 
6
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join