It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advanced technology.?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I am new here and posted this thread in the wrong forum...so I have placed it here for a better response.

On the first moon landing made by the Apollo 11 crew, a big venture into the unknown, did they take any weapons with them.? and what where they.? considering the low gravity Lunar environment.

They had no real idea if life was still thriving on the moon and how advanced this could be...I suppose the crew was classed as expendable, but it still seems unwise to sacrifice such skilled and brave men, who would be the most important witnesses and carriers of vital information if the life forms were hostile.

If the pictures from this `walkabout` have been censored and domes, craft etc. existed in the background and radio code words had been created for such an event, I would have thought that some prior knowledge of these structures existed and provisions would have been made incase of confrontation.
It seems strange to go on a venture like this with no means of defence especially when you do not know what you are going to find...voyages of discovery by ship, on our own planet carried weapons to impress the natives.

Does this mean that no obvious structures exist on the lunar surface.? so theories of picture tampering are untrue.
...if they do, and was known about, why the conclusion that nothing existed there now.? inside
...the sightings of UFO`s flying above the surface must have been of no concern and had explanations, as for being perched on the edge of a crater...utter nonsense.
...if no technology of the earth could be used successfully, does this mean that no advanced technologies had been left here by visitors.? and that the non-use on later missions, that nothing could have been left here by 1972.?
There seems to be a lot of astronaut accounts of strange things occuring above or on the moon, radio discussions and pics/vids...most of it on this site...does this mean that this kind of stuff should be dismissed as `spaced out craziness`.?

It seems then that the evidence for lunar`smoking gun`accounts and advanced technologies, can be debunked by the lack of a smoking gun.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Hmm I doubt any weapons were taken on the Apollo missions, unless something was developed and tested without public knowledge. The US were just desperate to beat the Soviets to the moon, so might not have been too worried about what they were to find once they landed. Beaming the TV pictures back to earth was the most important thing.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Thats probably why intelligent life avoids contact with humanity at all costs.

Weapons are never a solution to a problem!

The great white shark hunted almost to the point of extinction, but consider this, it was swimming around happily in the ocean until we came along, hey it ate a surfer, well heres a solution lets make shark steaks.

We deny its right to exist, simply because it looks better hanging upside down with someone standing next to it looking macho. Bears minding their own business in the woods, living in peaceful seclusion until we came along, hey it's coming right for us hand me that 30-30 I need a rug for my hallway!

Anyone want a gorilla hand ashtray or some ivory trinkets?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I believe that there was a pistol in the command module for the astronauts to have in case they landed somewhere other than the designated area...for survival purposes back on earth and not on the moon. Conventional firearms will work in a vacuum...and on the moon as well.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by starapple

I totally agree...but given our races track record, if it could, it would arm itself especially if there was a reason to do so.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jimi

Was there not footage of lunar strangeness availiable to both USA and Russia.? from probes etc.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Yes, there were weapons on board. They also had cyanide pills. They were not brought because of aliens (because we still have no real proof they exist) but instead in case of defense against another nation, or if they were stranded.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Yes Astronauts were prety much expendable. Look at the craft they flew in, you wouldn't even think of sending someone up in a death trap like that nowadays, but this was a time when we were in a space race to beat the opposition to the moon. There was a goal, and quite frankly, they were to meet that goal no matter what.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
"Rumor" has it that yes they had a pistol and cyanide tablets.

The pistols was just "in case" and the tablets was in case they got stranded on the moon and if they chose to use that option for a quick finish instead of suffocating to death. The pistol was more for in case they landed back on Earth in some "hostile" location.

Again Rumor.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Thats under the assumption that the moon landings where real in the first place? Can anyone see the flag with a radio telescope? They flew into space through the Van Alan Radiation Belt with nothing but a thin layer of Aluminum in the space suit for protection against all that cosmic radiation. No wonder some of them died from Leukemia!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Flags don't emit radio waves so you wouldn't see it with a radio telescope. Van Allen himself has stated many times that the radiation belts weren't a problem for astronauts.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

You would just need a strong enough telescope, and know the area in which to look for it, remember this would be a dot, if you could even get a zoom that could get close enough to spot anything, on the surface of the moon, even with a strong personal telescope.

A radio telescope would be great were the flag emmiting a signal of some kind, which is not something I have ever heard.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Next flag lets make them put a radio beacon up there that way we can know for sure they actually went!

/sarcasm off

If they were trying to hide something then there would definately not be anything up there to prove it.. If they wanted us to know for real they might have thought of something like that. I mean come on, we're talking about some of the greatest minds... it's NASA!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Estharik

Well they don't have a radio beacon there but they did put a relector mirror doo dad on the moon that is used to measure the distance on a regular basis.

new topics

top topics

join