It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not afraid of the Swine Flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Are you?

Right now, the entire world is in panic as the fear mongering people run screaming around and the media is adding wood to the fire as well.

Yes, there have been some deaths. But how many of you really are afraid of this overhyped virus?

And isn't time to tell the media about the governments' number one choice vaccination for pandemic Swine Flu virus, Tamiflu - not to forget the side effects of Tamiflu that can directly cause temporary neurological disorders in a small percentage of users — especially young people - and can lead to abnormal behavior, such as a seemingly happy, healthy teenager suddenly deciding to leap off a high-rise apartment building.

Well, I have already leaked this story to the press.

So, stop being afraid and do something. Like emailing the journalists on newspapers and TV about the "oh-so-great" Tamiflu vaccine.

Remember, we can control the media too - we are not helpless sheep.

Start emailing them now.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Tamiflu is not a vaccine. It's just an antiviral drug that helps with general flu viruses.

There's no vaccine against this strain of flu yet.

Well, I have already leaked this story to the press.

Are you saying you're the source for that TIME/CNN article?

[edit on 4/29/2009 by mythatsabigprobe]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Tamiflu is not a vaccine. It's just an antiviral drug that helps with general flu viruses.

There's no vaccine against this strain of flu yet.

You are absolutely correct. But the media and newspapers here are telling us that the government recommends using Tamiflu as the one and only vaccine against Swine Flu. They have Tamuflu ready in stocks to give to the entire population.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
People in class seemed nervous about it...MSM really does control the discourse.

I'm not afraid...yet.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   
what is there to be afraid of??? Geez.....less than 1%...way less...of the u.s. population is sick.....is this really news? On any given day I'm guessing that number is a bit larger but whoa!!!!....Lets all get riled up over, what is the latest "count"...a hundred or so people with the flu.

You should watch John Stewart's Daily Show from Monday (27th) for a good perspective......www.thedailyshow.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
No, I'm not afraid.

Last time I was afraid I was chasing some idiot around the neighborhood who was shooting at everyone.

I wet my pants, blood pressure went up, heart beating out of my chest and I was in a state I never want to be again. It took hours to come down from the fear high.

But....I am watching my daughter slowly progress into a dreadful state of fear for her children. Not a pretty sight.

We were warned this could happen a few years ago. I'm not surprised or caught off guard.

I am building a disgust for those students that traveled to Mexico after being warned by our government that it might not be safe. Did government know something else we didn't know? Probably.

We better hope fear does not set in as it leads to panic and we will be in serious trouble if we have a panic outbreak.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame

We were warned this could happen a few years ago. I'm not surprised or caught off guard.

I am building a disgust for those students that traveled to Mexico after being warned by our government that it might not be safe.
Did government know something else we didn't know? Probably.

We better hope fear does not set in as it leads to panic and we will be in serious trouble if we have a panic outbreak.

your right, there's been years of hype about some sort of Pan-demic....
be it bird flu or whatever.
It's a standard tactic in TPTB playbook of misdirection

as far as the students off on personal holidays in Mexico...
th govt was warning that kidnappings & ransoms were running rampant...
there was no indication or allusion by Gov't that an abnormal outbreak of a new, crossbred (swine & bird) flu would surface in Mexico.
instead of following the normal pattern, where outbreaks that start in the far-east & Asia
& travel west over the course of a normal flu season.

Misdirection... to help cover up the banking/financial firms, getting the massive transfer of wealth into the hands of the new 'Aristocracy'.
?
The AF-One fiasco was also a misdirection ploy

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Uh what do you suggest? Perhaps a blackout like happened in 1918? bkmarcus.com...

The point is that it is better to be scared and informed than blissfully ignorant. It is no small thing when the WHO issues Pandemic Warnings! Are you aware that the American Media didn’t carry this story at all for several days, all the while it was big news elsewhere.

Please do not fight to have the media not report on this situation. Like it or not Swine flu is here, and if it does become widespread quickly it will be a Pandemic. It's not fear mongering, it’s not hype it’s a fact.

The real problem here is going to be, ensuring we get the full unbiased coverage this will require. All should be scared at this point, as without mitigation it may well spiral out of control.

It is important to remember that even if you did get sick your much more than likely not going to die. And that any fast spreading virus, with no vaccine or natural immunities can cause pandemic.

Please see below.

Currently we have no vaccine or natural immunities to Swine Flu, as such the entire populous is susceptible. The only real question at this point is how fast and far this strain will spread.

The Spanish Flu was the worst pandemic in world history. The flu that year killed only 2.5 percent of its victims, but more than a fifth of the world's entire population caught it, and so it's estimated that between 50 million and 100 million people died in just a few months.

There is a great possibility that this strain will prove not to be the killer bug that some think it is, but we need to take the threat seriously. Mitigation should be priority number 1# at this time, and that envolves everyone.

I suspect many more are sick in America, but that its being downplayed by the media at this time. I hope I am wrong, but I dont think I am. The head of Arkansas' infectious diseases branch has said he believes that swine flu has already spread across the state. However, no cases have been verified.
www.kfsm.com...

I think what you’re asking for is horrible! I deserve to know if this bug is close for my children’s sake, please God do not do ask them to hide it.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Thank God the goverment stock piled Tamiflu! We may well need it!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
I think what you’re asking for is horrible! I deserve to know if this bug is close for my children’s sake, please God do not do ask them to hide it.

Oh you'd rather have yourself and your children die from temporary neurological disorders and abnormal behavior, such as a seemingly happy, healthy teenager suddenly deciding to leap off a high-rise apartment building - due to the Tamiflu?

Be my guest.

Peace,
Mulder

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

Oh you'd rather have yourself and your children die from temporary neurological disorders and abnormal behavior, such as a seemingly happy, healthy teenager suddenly deciding to leap off a high-rise apartment building - due to the Tamiflu?

Be my guest.

Peace,
Mulder

Maybe she slipped. I have taken Tami flu on more than one occasion as have my children.

No, really I know that there is no such thing as a medical procedure that is good for you. It’s one of those things were you must weigh the benefits vs. the consequences. When my kids are running 104 temp I have no problem giving them Tami Flu.

P.S. Plain old table salt can cause the same type of behavior.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
If everybody thinks it's bad now, wait until this military-grade manbirdpig flu starts to wane down during the summer... then come back with a vengeance the next seasonal cycle when it's wetter and colder again.

Then we shall have our 'population reduction'

For those who say 'why would the powers that be want to reduce our numbers, it would hit them in the pocketbook'

Well.. The powers that be aren't really interested in money- they're interested in POWER- and the less people that are around, the easier it will be for them to control.

This virus was engineered and released- deliberately.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar

Amen!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Neither am I. To be quite honest, I am tired of hearing about it. I think that the media is taking this story and running wild with it. If you get it, you get it. What else can I say?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spooky Fox Mulder

Originally posted by star in a jar

Amen!

A result of vaccines no doubt. Where else are you going to get such a mix? And who tests the pig vaccines? Of course one would hope that when you mix your vaccines you would know to use inactivated viruses in the mix!! From what I hear they vaccinate against all source strains in a single shot. Could be coincidence but I doubt it.

And yes pigs are inoculated against human strains as well.

Look to Smithfield Factory Farms and their vaccination practices for a cause to this one. Anyone want to take bets on who manufactured the vaccines?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Conspiracy theories about Vaccines, NWO, lab created virus, and anti-viral drugs aside, I'm not afraid either Mulder.

The facts just don't add up to equal the panic. This is just the latest media hype. Unless people are dying in droves from this in my country, I will not be worried about contracting this virus. Heck, there has only been one death in the US, and that a baby that was here visiting from Mexico, most likely exposed to it in Mexico. None of the kids in that NY school have died, and people are acting like all of them have kicked the bucket.

If this tops what our annual flu season deaths, I might go buy some extra hand sanitizer. But until then, I have to go stock up on staples before the people panic buy the stores clean. Thanks a lot fear mongers...there goes my beer money.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by DropInABucket
Conspiracy theories about Vaccines, NWO, lab created virus, and anti-viral drugs aside, I'm not afraid either Mulder.

The facts just don't add up to equal the panic. This is just the latest media hype. Unless people are dying in droves from this in my country, I will not be worried about contracting this virus. Heck, there has only been one death in the US, and that a baby that was here visiting from Mexico, most likely exposed to it in Mexico. None of the kids in that NY school have died, and people are acting like all of them have kicked the bucket.

If this tops what our annual flu season deaths, I might go buy some extra hand sanitizer. But until then, I have to go stock up on staples before the people panic buy the stores clean. Thanks a lot fear mongers...there goes my beer money.

It's time for people to wake up and grow some brains and stop listening to the media. Unfortunately, the media is made for those who react on panic - and who usually don't have brains.

new topics

top topics

join