It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car Crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:40 AM
link   
I'm not sure if this is in the right section, so mods, please move it if it isn't.

About two weeks ago I was in a bad car crash. The car was t-boned on the passenger side by a car doing about 50MPH. I was sitting on the passenger side. I was wearing my seatbelt.

I had saw the car, I saw the headlights coming at me, and it hit. It pushed us across the street into the other lane and completely crushed in the door on my side. I tensed up and held onto the door handle on the inside as I saw the headlights. I stayed conscious through the entire thing. I checked my neck, my face, and all of my body and I had not a single scratch. The only thing I had was a little swelling on the inside of my ankle where a 12 pack of soda had hit me from inside the car.

I always feel like nothing bad ever happens to me. I have had all kinds of things that have gone away on their own (ring worm, pancreatitis, etc) without any treatment. I have never broken a bone. Pain meds don't work on me (prescribed hydrocodine and oxycodine). Alchohol has very little effect on me. The only thing that has ever happened to me is that I lacerated a tendon in my finger. I just have like a feel that nothing is going to happen to me and that I'm somehow "special".

It's truly a miracle that NOTHING happened to ME in the passenger seat where the car hit. My body took the full impact of a car doing 50mph. My fiancee in the driver seat had more injuries than me and she was completely on the opposite side. She has at least 20 large bruises all over her body, and she "sprained" her sternum from the seatbelt.

WHY did nothing happen to me? And why does nothing happen to me? I was like

It's not that I want bad things to happen to me, it's just my feeling that I'm invincible.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Seen [Unbreakable] lately ? Very good movie ...

Are you really "special" ?

It is an interesting proposition
Only you know the answer...

Coincidences do happen though

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Tom_Proctor

Im pretty much like that as well, a few months ago i had a head on crash with a wall doing 90mph, the car was totally destroyed i came out with a bit of a seat belt burn on my neck that was it, only ever broken one bone and it was from having my head jumped on by some rather reckless thugs but i guess i had it coming to me. Still i dont feel invincible more that when i do go out its going to be with a bang.

Also there's plenty of people who have managed to survive stuff even more miraculous

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
As sweet as that would be... I don't think that is the case.

I would chalk it up to coincidence, or if we dare 'good luck'.

Hope things keep going your way.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I wouldnt put it down to being special. I know why you might see it like that but im not special and ive had about a dozen motorbike smashes over 20 yrs, highsides, lowsides, hit a car head on and three at over 100mph yet i have never had a stitch or broken a bone in my life.
Just lucky i guess!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I'm glad you're ok. That sounds terrible. In reply, I'm not convinced of "invincible" people, I think that you must have something left here to do. I do believe that we are protected by our guardians in certain circumstances and I think this may have been one of those circumstances for you.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
im not like that so ill just go be jealous over here for a while if u dont mind.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Was it possible you had been drinking, or were in some type of intoxication?

I ask this because I have heard that with certain states of intoxication your physical body becomes extremely relaxed. Your muscles all tend to be more relaxed in this state than normal, and those that experience any type of sudden physical trauma whilst in this state, are less likely to injure themselves than a person who is entirely sober.

Being asleep in a moving car has much the same effect, a physical body completely relaxed. However, from your story you sounded awake.

I mean absolutely no offence by this suggestion, it is just something I have heard many years ago.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Stuff like that seems to happen to me, as well. I was in an accident a few months ago where I pulled out in front of a speeding truck in my car, and it hit my fender. The car was totaled (It actually bent the frame), but I was uninjured. If I had been hit a fraction of a second later it would have hit my car door and I would have been toast.

Another time I was waiting for the bus late at night in New Orleans, when I was approached by two guys, one of whom stayed in the shadows. I'm certain that their intentions were not good, and just as they approached the bus pulled up, I got on, and they disappeared back into the shadows.

These are just two examples where I escaped death or worse by the skin of my teeth. It's happened many more times than that. I have a theory that I'm working on based on the Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Physics, maybe I'll post it when I have more details.

[edit on 4/29/2009 by LiquidLight]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 12:24 AM
link   
ive had some things happen like that too, ones that would mean certain death..

i got my tire changed one week, then went camping the following weekend with my cousins and my girlfriend, coming back, we raced on the freeway (i was in a 85 crown victoria, 2 tons of car, she was in a gmc jimmy) she slowed down once we both hit 100, and i sped up, my speedometer went up to 120 (if i remember right) and i had the needle past that. the next day i go to pick up my girlfriend to hang out after work, and i turn the corner towards her house, and my front driver side tire falls off. just imagine what would happen if it fell off with me going 140-150 mph on the freeway

and in the same car me and a buddy were coming back from a concert at 2am (had to work it as security) and we were both falling asleep and i was about to pass under this overpass, with a slight curve in the road, i start to curve, and i nodded off, when i woke up, my friend said that i juts barely missed a pillar with my mirror.

ive had more instances happen that could've maimed me, like pieces of metal flying off machinery, and hitting my hair, but not my head, stuff like that

new topics

top topics

join