It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survivors - Swine Flu ? - Media connection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Hello all,

I'm making this thread not entirely 100% serious however I thought it was something I would mention as it seems to be a little coincidental. Here in the UK there has been a series on TV called "Survivors", guess what its all about?

As the world's population is almost annihilated by a mysterious pandemic, accidentally unleashed by an unknown Asian scientist
en.wikipedia.org...

Imagine being the only survivor of a disease that kills every member of your family, that kills lovers, strangers, friends, nearly everyone you've ever met.

www.bbc.co.uk...

As I said I'm not being entirely serious, although I know people have talked on here before about the possibilty that future manufactured events are depicted in the media before they've occured as a method of warning the astute.

Just thought it was a little strange that only recently we've had a TV series about a pandemic that's killing people and doctors can't stop it and now we have an global outbreak of swine flu...

[edit on 29/4/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Survivors is one of the first things i thought of, although i never watched it. I thought it was a very weird coincidence.

It made me think of Stephen King's, The Stand as well.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The recent series was just a remake of the original 1970's series.

The idea of a population decimated by plague is nothing new.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
IMO - some mainstream entertainment is used to educate people about current/important issues, and warn us about potential dangers.

FYI - I watched 3 back-to-back documentaries this weekend called "Microkillers: flu, TB and Ebola" on National Geographic. (Good work btw) Coincidence that they were aired this weekend? I don't think so...

new topics

top topics

join