It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
...Bill Frist (R-TN), a physician, drove through a bill that gave drug companies more immunity than any bill ever passed by Congress. The legislation, referred to as *Division E*was tacked on to a Defense appropriations bill in the final minutes of the Congressional sessions before the Christmas recess. This bill provides at least four sweeping provisions:
1. Immunity from liability for all drugs, vaccines, or biological products deemed as a covered countermeasure against bioterrorism in the event of an outbreak of any kind. (more)
2. Immunity for any product used for any public health emergency declared by the secretary of HHS. The authority to declare an emergency now rests completely in the hands of the secretary of HHS— an appointed, non-medical person who has no accountability to the general public. The president’s hand-picked person that is part of his inner circle will have the power to mandate vaccines and other medications given to the American people.
3. Immunity from accountability. No matter what a drug company do wrong in this arena, they are protected. Even if the company’s dirty facility created a batch of contaminated vaccines that resulted in death or injury to thousands of people, the drug company will not be held accountable.
4. Immunity from lawsuits. A person who suffers any type of loss will be prohibited from suing the drug companies. Vaccine manufacturers have immunity from almost everything, perhaps even murder. (more)
In other words, the injured party would have to prove the vaccine maker intentionally caused him harm.
Division-E goes even one step further.
Unbelievably, even if a pharmaceutical company knowingly harms people, the company will be immune from legal prosecution unless the U.S. attorney general initiates "enforcement action" against the drug company in the name of the claimant. This means the U.S. government would have to go to bat for the injured party for the lawsuit to move forward, as unlikely as the current swine flu fiasco being an unplanned pandemic.
The swine flu outbreak is going to benefit one of the most prolific and successful venture capital firms in the United States: Kleiner, Perkins, Caufield & Byers. Share prices have already risen for two of eight public traded companies in the firm's portfolio of Pandemic and Bio Defense investments. BioCryst, up more than 26 percent, to $2.21 per share, and Novavax, maker of viral vaccines, escalated 75 percent to $1.42 per share on the first announcement of the swine flu outbreak in Mexico.
Novavax uses genetic information and "recombinant, virus-like particle technology" to rapidly engineer a vaccine. Its technology has only been through Phase II clinical trials but might be released prematurely. Novavax’s CEO, Rahul Singhvi announced Friday, "There is an emergency authorization avenue that is available that would allow us to use the vaccine in an emergency without further testing." The Division-E provisions would protect the company from all liability.
In the fine print of the Division-E legislation, (available for download at "http://www.drtenpenny.com/" so you can read it for yourself), there is a suggestion that a massive, bioterrorist vaccination program could be "voluntary."
Will the media make everyone aware of the one-line provision that potentially gives us the right to refuse?
Will government mandates override State exemption laws?
The future is unclear but this has been suggested.
Your personal rights in this area are growing very thin and activism has never been more important.
A quote by U.S. Representative Ron Paul (R-TX) says it all: "When we give government the power to make medical decisions for us, we, in essence, accept that the state owns our bodies."
4. Determine target population for vaccination; if intervention agreed, implement as an emergency measure; assess impact.
5. Consider deploying prototype pandemic vaccine, if available.
[This means that use of an unproven, marginally tested vaccine will be
6. If agreements are already in place with manufacturer(s), consider recommending cessation of seasonal vaccine production and initiation of full-scale pandemic vaccine production.
7. Adjust priority lists of persons to be vaccinated.
8. Plan for vaccine distribution and accelerate preparations for mass vaccination campaigns (e.g., education, legal/liability issues) for when pandemic vaccine becomes available.
Level 6 states, "Consider applying emergency powers."
If they can engineer a vaccine, they can engineer a virus!
...accepting an injection of a disgusting, potentially toxic brew into their bodies in the false interest of public safety.
Isn't that suspicious?
Unless the PTB says 'to hell with you, there's nothing stopping us now'