It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO to Raise Swine Flu Alert to Level 5

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Considering the rapidly increasing number of confirmed Swine Flu cases. WHO officials have decided to raise the pandemic Alert Level to level 5.

So many cases are showing that infected are spreading it within circles close to them.

The Level was upgraded on Monday to a level 4 , and now the fel forced to raise the level to a Level 5 www.presstv.ir...

At time of writing , CNN updated death toll in Mexico at 159 confirmed dead

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Seany]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:37 AM
link   
64 confirmed cases in US

over 1600 confirmed cases in Mexico

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
That's odd. In this thread the WHO says there's only 7 confirmed deaths and they appear to be downplaying the situation. I smell disinformation on the WHO's part. The only question is why? Why would they release such conflicting statements?

TA

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I noticed that too - but PressTV is the only source for that.

And PressTV like fishing for something that will grab attention, even if it's untrue.

It's still level 4.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Per the WHO website:

www.who.int...

The Committee also considered reports of possible spread to additional countries. On the advice of the Committee, the WHO Director-General has raised the level of influenza pandemic alert from the current phase 3 to phase 4.

Looks like it is still phase 4 according to this site.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Seany

what are the chances this is all a ruse to cover something up in mexico? like a UFO landing...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
www.reuters.com...

GENEVA (Reuters) - The World Health Organization said on Tuesday it awaited formal confirmation from U.S. authorities that the new swine flu virus has spread significantly between people, a sign that could indicate an "imminent" influenza pandemic.

"We're still awaiting for a final confirmation from the U.S. authorities, but it appears that there's a number of cases in New York which appear to be human-to-human transmission," WHO spokesman Gregory Hartl told a news briefing.

Found this and wanted to share since it is another source.

For some reason this didnt quote everything but it does say they will raise it to 5 if they recieve confirmation

[edit on 4/29/2009 by mommy4life]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
from within the source..

''The alert level was increased to 4 on Monday, and WHO officials now say they will be forced to declare a phase 5 alert soon.''

SMR

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
WHO are playing games now.For me, I don't care what number they use for anything.First it's this then it's that.They allow numbers to be given then try and say they are false claims ... WHO is running WHO ?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
WHO are playing games now.For me, I don't care what number they use for anything.First it's this then it's that.They allow numbers to be given then try and say they are false claims ... WHO is running WHO ?

Im not sure Who is running the Who, but I am sure the Who will play a last tour again this year , unless the Who tells the Who its not permitted.......

Who said that ?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seany

Originally posted by SMR

Im not sure Who is running the Who, but I am sure the Who will play a last tour again this year , unless the Who tells the Who its not permitted.......

Who said that ?

Tommy...he seems to be there leader now adays..

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redpillblues
from within the source..

''The alert level was increased to 4 on Monday, and WHO officials now say they will be forced to declare a phase 5 alert soon.''

Prob hit the 5 today as more countries are hit with the flu cases

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
It's about time. :shk: Geeeze .. now watch .. they'll start talks about closing the border .... and it's already too late.

I can't believe that our lives are in the hands of these yo-yos.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

I can't believe that our lives are in the hands of these yo-yos.

Really? I think its quite normal for a group of men to retreat to Switzerland, to a hotel conference room, to prepare a report, to form a comittee, to prepare another report, to send a delegation to somewhere, and then to vote on a final decision, loooong after that decision is completely meaningless. I mean come on, without bureaucracy how would we live, actually get things done??

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Seany

If they do you'd better read this thread before allowing yourself to be inoculated...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Because believe me - it will go into forced vaccinations - and they have NO accountability - none.

peace

[edit on 29-4-2009 by silo13]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Phase 4

it's still phase 4 according to the WHO, no change of level.

28 April 2009--The situation continues to evolve rapidly. As of 19:15 GMT, 28 April 2009, seven countries have officially reported cases of swine influenza A/H1N1 infection. The United States Government has reported 64 laboratory confirmed human cases, with no deaths. Mexico has reported 26 confirmed human cases of infection including seven deaths.

Source: www.who.int...

However i am also following some non-offical twitter feeds, one just now

"The WHO has called an emergency meeting and may declare a pandemic emergency"

[edit on 2009/4/29 by reugen]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by reugen

I called it last nite

Its up to a 5 now , 6 is BoB time

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
www.who.int...

Above is the link supporting the raise from 4 to 5. Looks like it might be a long ride.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Martial law, FEMA camps, forced vaccination SOON.

This looks like TSHTF!

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

top topics

join