It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Only 7 confirmed swine flu deaths: WHO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Wrong area for posting first of all, there's a swine flu forum created for all flu related news.

Outside of this, it sounds more like this spokesperson is trying to eliminate panic, rather than tell the truth. There's no way only 7 people have died.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Haha 7, that is funny.
Try around 250... most not reported yet.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
The paranoiac in me says this could be disinformation. They could be trying to downplay the severity, or just trying to cause general confusion. If all the experts disagree, everyone will be more willing to accept "just in case" measures to "ensure public safety." Just a thought...

TA

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
LOL yeah they are probably 7 of the hijackers from 9/11 (you know the ones who are still alive)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Well do you remember the thousands of people that never died of mad cow disease and sarrs? While i guess a lot of people died of mad cow disease in John Titor's la la land but not so much in the us. BE AFFRAID BE VERY AFFRAID but don't worry... The MSM and government are here to protect you.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The panic is rediculous, i agree. But 7 confirmed deaths means that seven people from those who died were tested positive for H1N1. I doubt that Mexican health care could check all the patients in the beginning, while world attention was lacking. So there are surely more then 7 dead, sadly.
Still - madness is good description of what happens on this forum. It is not Ebola, people.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:42 AM
link   
This has been posted and Dr's themselves have reported over 100 deaths. Deny ignorance please. It sounds like you just wanted to shoot off your uneducated mouth, or youre scared to death and want to make light of a situation. Fact is its expensive to test for this virus. 75 kids came back from Mexico to NY with this virus, they tested 9 of them. 8 out of 9 had it and how many cases got confirmed? 8 because it costs a butt load to test for a rare / new virus like this. So after the dr's in mexico had patients die how many did they test? evidentally only 7 or 8. It doesnt make sense to spend tens of thousands of dollars to test every dang patient.

The WHO is doing its job, half of which is to keep people sane and not running for the hills spreading this even further. Ive also reported your thread for knowing trolling / posting it on the wrong board. You trolls seem to come from everywhere when people get serious on a subject. Wish I could ignore more than ten people, its almost as if ATS wants to force us to read this garbage posted by disinfo agents or just plain ole trolls.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Memysabu]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
i would be interested to see how many poeple in mexico die of just normal strains of the flu virus every year.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by spearhead

Wow mate, you just don't stop do you. Firstly you jump on your soapbox and demand that people pay attention to you here: swine flu question... answer me dammit and end the madness

now if THAT wasn't enough you come back with THIS thread which is equally as childish as the first one you created. What, you didn't get enough attention in the first thread? Didn't mummy give you your warm milk last night now you want to cry for attention?

If I wasn't convinced that you were a troll before, I most certainly am now.

The fact is that not enough time hs passed to determine how many people have been affected thus far. If you had've waited a week, and still no evidence of it appeared, then by all means go ahead and create a thread voicing your concerns....

....just leave out the childish insults, the soapbox attention grabbing and the "waaaaaaaaa nobody is listening to me" attitude.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
do you have anything to add in regards to the news submitted?

What part of my above statement did you find so hard to understand? Here, I'll post it again for you..

The fact is that not enough time hs passed to determine how many people have been affected thus far. If you had've waited a week, and still no evidence of it appeared, then by all means go ahead and create a thread voicing your concerns

Clear?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:47 AM
link   
i have been called dumb, a troll uneducated and a number of other things because i chose to post against what is currently considered the "norm".
you kryties are hardly a pillar to be marvelled at. consider yourself superior because i sure as hell don't.

a week a month a year what is the difference. the pig flu is a lie. you and your type thought you've exposed the mother of modern conspiracies and have been floundering on it for a week.

the facts are coming out and your stomach is so full of your own suggestion you can do nothing but regurgitate the truth onto your own shirt. look at the mess you've made.
you are now one amunst the masses.

cough!cough!

to all moderators - that is as civil as i could put it.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
...you're more than welcome to contribute to THIS THREAD ON THIS TOPIC which was originally started prior to yours.

As your thread was originally posted in Breaking News (in direct contradiction of the 'Keeping Swine Flu topics to the Swine Flu Forum'), it has been moved here - to the Swine Flu Forum.

However - due to the topic already existing, this one is now being locked.

Cheers,
ALIEN

new topics

top topics

join