It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI wants to wiretap internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The FBI is trying to convince the government to mandate that providers of broadband, Internet telephony, and instant-messaging services build in backdoors for easy wiretapping.

news.com.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Your worried about the FBI?
Better be worried about this:
UN Plan for Internet Control Tiptoes Forward

Untold and definitely unmentioned ramifications from this one.

Hell, they (the UN) have even thought of a name for it: Minitel.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Seekerof, I thought that was either shot down, or put on hold.

www.washtimes.com...

GENEVA � The United States, backed by the European Union, Japan and Canada, has turned back a bid by developing nations to place the Internet under the control of the United Nations or its member governments.

This would definitly put a fast track on the NWO. I'm sure though that they already have something going on in one way or another.

[Edited on 25-4-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I thought so to Trick, but then I looked at the dates on the articles.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
How does Voice over IP change wiretapping? This brings in a new set of technology to splice into. It does not surprise me that the FBI wants to do this. They are going to have to anyway, for ligitimate wiretaps.

Anybody familiar with VoIP? Can a standard packet sniffer get the necessary information and recombine it into a conversation?

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
This is why we should be using encryption with our email. Check out this thread for more info:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Crayon:
I don't think a packet sniffer can recombine data. As far as I know, they are for monitoring the type, origin, and destination of packets. I just started fiddling with one the other day, so I could be wrong. So far, I haven't seen a way to put the data back together in a usable form. I'll check on that, though.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Your worried about the FBI?
Better be worried about this:
UN Plan for Internet Control Tiptoes Forward

Untold and definitely unmentioned ramifications from this one.

Hell, they (the UN) have even thought of a name for it: Minitel.

seekerof

Seems for the last three days, Everywhere I look I see UN. This is bad, bad, bad. I had NO idea that the Unhad power here, and even has power over most prized places in the US.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 10:21 AM
link   
And, I heard on MSNBC this morning that the Presidnet wants all homes in the US to be wired for high-speed internet by 2007.
Not that I think that is a feasible idea at present, but the implications SCREAM new wrold order to me

join