Are You Honestly Scared of Death?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wisen Heimer
Okay, well can honestly say that I am scared of death. When I think about it, it doesnt really make me afraid, but I feel like if I was about to die I would be afraid because there is still a part of me that fears the dark.

See now, THIS is interesting. I am 37 and my fear of the dark has lasted almost my whole life. It is irrational I know but nonetheless it is what it is. That is up until about a year ago when it just simply faded for no apparent reason. And I think it all ties in. Fear of death does not encompass all fears I don't believe that. However the darkness has forever been linked to death in the human psyche. Hence no fear of death = no fear of the dark. Good stuff.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Now while I disagree with what you have to say Astyanax, the fact of the matter is I have nothing to refute it either. NO ONE DOES. I love the holographic theory and Bohm and everything science is coming up with lately Quantum wise. But theories are constantly undergoing their own evolutions and changes. So really to say we have our finger on the real answer is deluding ourselves. It is interesting because I had this long drawn out conversation with my 17 year old nephew about this very thing. He has a mind like a steel trap that one. But is in that "why does anything we do matter at all when we have no evidence that anything is real or that we even exist" mode. We talked for hours and I had no answer for him. NO ONE DOES. Except the dead that is.

So really what it comes down to is: How do we choose to DELUDE ourselves?

I'm not saying that I believe that is what we are really doing. But your perceptions about your life and where it is headed only come from you and you alone. I choose to be happy and exited about a prospect of "after". That is me. You choose otherwise and so will shape your existence accordingly. If that makes you happy, great for you. Just know this....
You have a belief too. And you also could be deluding yourself.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by dtice]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dtice

fear of the dark - fear of death - fear of what you can't know

I've also had a pretty healthy fear of the dark myself - for many, many years - which suddenly just disappeared for me as well

that's interesting :-) I wonder why

and being afraid of the dark - well, why not?

when you can't see what's going on even as near as the end of your arm - seems like a rational fear to me

:-)

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

I studied quantum mechanics at university.

Instead of telling me how clueless I am, why don't you calm down and try to make a convincing argument for your position?

I'm listening. Believe me, I'm always listening. I'm just a tough sell.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dtice
I mean really with everything happening now. War, Swine flu, One-world government probably all tied up together. I just feel like: Get on with it! Anyone else? I know lots of you out there have kids and loved ones you are worried about, and I guess it just comes down to what you think is "after". But are you really afraid of the end? Or do you welcome it with NO FEAR as I do. Because you understand that this life we live is but a blink of the eye in relation to the age of this world. If we go and there is nothing to welcome us. SO BE IT. If it is beyond our wildest dreams, And I believe it is, then we have been stressed out in this existence for no apparent reason.

But we don't really know do we? That is the biggest question of all humanity. NO ONE KNOWS. We can have faith. But in the end, either it is or it isn't and their is no truth either way. So the way I see it, Why be scared at all? Our lives don't even dare to make a dent in history as we know it. So if they end in the ultimate darkness then what is the loss really? I know that is bleak but wwe have no proof to prove otherwise so.......in the grand scheme of things, HOW FUTILE IS THE WORRY

I want to share a little of my experiences here with you; I have already been dead once in this lifetime, almost 30 years ago, due to going into shock from having iodine injected into my spinal fluid; my bp hit 280/270 and then cardiac arrest; after several tries at reviving me the attending md wrote out my death certificate as i watched him from above my body; I will not drag this out with all the details, but i did cross over to the other side, had the life reveiw and judged my actions and choices, met several long dead relatives amongst a group of others, was shown many different things, before being told i had to return and finish the lessons of this life.

my thoughts to share with you are several; WE are eternal spiritual beings having a human experience, and i was shown bits and pieces of many lifes that came before this one, and some of the lessons and experiences I had already chosen to have, and that there would be many more lessons and needed experiences before the cycles of life and death would end here and new adventures would begin.

there is no need to fear death, for it is the blink of an eye and we are no longer sealed off in this husk we wear in order to be here; and truthfully, it is hard to share about this experience, for the words needed do not exist; suffice it to say that now, to me, after the time spent on the other side, this is actually being dead to be here, for our senses and perceptions are closed off and very limited.

Weedwacker asked about different events of death; suicide is a cop out, a no no, for every second of the lifetime was wasted, and that soul will return to relive every second of those same experiences again and again until the soul makes it past the events that originated the act of suicide and continues that life cycle.

ultimately it is the experiences that counts, and how we treat and exist with our fellow travelers; dying is easy and is something we all have done many times before; living a good life and spreading love,truth,trust, and compassion to all we meet is the hard part.

Read "life after life" by Dr Raymond Moody; it has many many people relating their own personal accounts of death and dying, and returning once more to the world of humans as I did.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

I already did, by stating that the human being, including mind, memory and consciousness is like a waveform hologram functioning within a larger sphere which has an acausal, transluminally interdependant, non-localized, holographic nature underlying the very heart of it all, and which has, at it's foundation, this timeless, spaceless, eternally unfolding and enfolded present moment, and thus, if we are here now, operating within this larger sphere of being, which itself is a vast information processing system or consciously generated matrix, not at all unlike our own mind - then rationally and logically, how can we escape life and everything, since what is, is, and since there is nothing, that is not..?

The implications of modern science ie: non-local holographic universe, demonstrate that we are part of it, and once a part of, always a part of, since a part cannot be separated and discarded, unless maybe it has nothing of value to add to the continuance of the whole. Personally, I believe it is also like a knife, which is capable of cutting away whatever is not causative or fruitful or generative of life meeting life, in other words a final judgement with the good news being that the price has been paid, since for everything, and every free gift, including eternal life itself, there is a price to be paid and for it to be worthy or worthwhile, it's a costly one at that. And so for those who "grok" what I am suggesting, and who posess the courage to recieve the free gift, unearned yet of incaculable value, the "kingdom of heaven" as first/last cause of continuous manifestation in one form or another, starts now, and we are already in it! In other words that it is only an eternally unfolding and enfolded present moment if it is also a forgiven present moment, and to forgive is to function NOT in relation to the past (the only thing that dies), but in terms of the infinite realm of all possibility (quantum potential) coming at us, so to speak, from the as yet unborn future, where infinite possibility (what some may call 'God' as infinite being) resides or lives in perpetuity. Thus, to enter into this realm, is like being baptised into a type of transoformative cosmic clamshell so to speak, of death, and resurrection, the end result becoming like a prescious pearl fit to adorn the very gate of the eternal 'city' of God. In other words, that the human being, including me and you, are a work in progress, where 'every sinner has a future, and every saint, a past.'

There is always a final choice, that too is woven right into the very heart of nature, and if in that heart there is a cause of love, then it must also be presented as a free gift of love, without coersion, and therein resides the paradox, since it must also be influencial and capable of selling itself as a point of attraction, and re-creation.

So you can consider what I'm attempting to communicate here as a re-interpretation and re-presentation of something both very old and very new. But as a gift, it cannot be forced, or it loses its supreme value. So in many ways I am equally opposed to much in traditional theology, which, from the perspective of the gift giver would be an outrage, if it's great value and lovingkindness were tampered with by coercive force, which in this case I guess would be the fear of death...

"So therefore, do not be afraid little ones, nor let your hearts be troubled, for it pleased the father (first father of creation) to share his (eternal) kingdom (of light, love and manifestation) with all his children!"

And another piece of good news, like an insurance policy, is this MUST include by extension, as an all-inclusive propostion, even and ALSO those who do NOT believe, because he said, from the vantage point of the cross, relative to those who put him there (emodiment of the spirit of the universe, in man) "forgive them father, for they know not what they do." The only caveat being, that such a gift is of little value to the one who recieves it, unless it is first recieved and recieved with love in kind, and appreciation. We must unwrap this supreme gift of incaculable value, and inside? Your truest self, your everlasting self, which is simply who you REALLY are, as you were created - a child of a loving God who leaves no orphans.

The price of sin is death (separation from the center and source of all being and becoming) and the price of eternal life, and of life meeting life eternal, transcendant of death itself, is the cost of death (sin) now paid in full. This can be understood, rationally, and no matter how improbable is may appear at first glance, in the realm of infinite possibility, it has been rendered actualized, that is if Jesus was a real historical figure, and an honest person, who's final act was meaningful, since if it means anything at all, then by extension, it's true meaning, and it's supreme value therefore, cannot be ignored or underestimated.

It's both a mystery, and a revelation - another paradox! In this case, a very good one filled and overflowing, with love.

For those who will I pray that you might re-examine this conception once again, but with an open mind, free of contempt, prior to investigation.

P.S. Welcome to the end of time without end even now.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
first of all, great great post OmegaPoint! I love the whole concept behind what you write about.

Here is something related (in a way) to what happened tonight to me.
I live in east texas and tonight we have gotten some serious storms. I would guess like three inches of rain and (falling again now lol) hail and tornadoes. typical severe storm anyway. Well I am sitting at my computer, actually looking at the the weather channel online and my landlady (i live in a trailer park. she is next door) comes banging om my door loudly and repeatedly along with trying the door knob. I open it "There's a tornado coming THIS WAY!! Haven't you been watching the news?! Come on! Let's get to the basement!! c'MON!!!!" (my landlady has a bomb shelter of sorts, bless her heart) I think all my neighbors must have gone down with her. And I told her to let me get my shoes on thinking hard about it. But then i just made the decision to not go. Then I went outside and yelled at the pouring, lightning-filled sky "YOU WANT ME NOW?! COME AND GET ME!!" Then I grabbed a mattress and put it over my tub lol.

An exciting night to say the least. But a revealing one as well. In the past, I'm the first one into that basement. But the feeling I had tonight was not of a "deathwish"..... It was of power. I didn't even remotely feel like that tornado was any match for me. LIFE IS SO MUCH MORE THAN THE PHYSICAL!

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
That is totally cool dtice. You got it, and had a "felt shift" and put it to the test to validate it, and it "grokked" for you, and now for me in your sharing of it. That was moving. Glad you are still with us in this form!

I have two interesting synchronicities to report. One, I was thinking earlier in regards to a new fellowship I want to start called "Mutual Progress" that I needed that quote about how problems require a new consciousness to solve them (your signature) but I thought to myself (this was just a ffew hours ago) I wish I was in the habit of capturing these things when I see them, because unless I know the precise quote or where I saw it before, I won't be able to retrieve it, and voila, along you come, and there it is, what I was looking for.

Second, when I was golfing yesterday (I'm a bit of a "hack"), I had my buddy, who was paying for the whole thing, grab six balls for me (I can lose them, even five over 18 holes), and after getting into a bit of a golfing rut, I asked for peace and some tranquility and the strength just to let go and let God as they say, as I went to my bag for yet another ball, and the ball I pull out, it has a very interesting stamp on it, which says "Kay * Son * Steel". My beloved mother who passed on 10 years ago, who became quite the saint at the end of her life, she meant a LOT to me and was an amazing person, and her name was Kay. A meaningless coincidence you say? Not to me it wasn't.

Things are not quite the way they seem, and there is much more to reality than meets the eye.

[edit on 3-5-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by the seeker_713g

I actually do believe in an afterlife, but like I have said I am still afraid of the dark. Im not sure why...

maybe because I feel alone... or am not comfortable being alone.

god damnit... I think I just nailed it.

P.S. You know I thought my fear of the dark had faded as well. My fear of aliens, monsters, the other side and everything seemed to have faded completely. But recently I moved back into my parents house and I have practically been completely isolated from the rest of the world and most social contact for about an entire year. Now I wont get into the personal reasons as to why I have to endure this jail sentence, but all my fears of the dark, aliens and monsters came right back to me. Perhaps your independence has a lot to do with it.

[edit on 4-5-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Everyone fears death. Its fear of the unknown and what is going to happen next. There must be more to life when you die... Musn't there...

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I have a fear of the dark but only because I am night blind. I have to use the bathroom a lot at night and too many times i walk into walls half sleep,lol

My daughter always closes her door, turns off the lights and even uses eye pads . She is 8. NEVER feared the dark. When she was a baby she slept through the night rite off the bat.

I think it is because she has never believed in ghosts etc. She also says the light hurts her eyes at night, event he moonlight going into the blinds.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Fear Death, Not at all and I have seen the entity that we call death... and before you say it was just my imagination, chew on this I saw him/her/it around a teenager and thought that person could not have been the one he/ she/ it was coming for, being so young, well guess what? The person was killed in an accident several months later. Those of us who can see we know that our essence goes on, because we have seen the souls of people who've passed or heard them say good bye. That's proof enough for me.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
No..because life is merely a part of death. Death is absolute and it is perfect...it's a one size fits all deal.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
It's pretty funny how most people don't think about existence before their births. We certainly aren't afraid of that. So how is after death any different?

I used to think a lot about existence. If there is no beginning and time doesn't exist, then how did we come to be? See the dilemma?

Think hard on this.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

That is a great point, Deaf Alien! I have recently been reading materials that speak on that very thing. And you all have come out on this thread with so many interesting personal experiences, completely unshaken in your beliefs.
I tend to take a little from everybody and everything to form my opinion and belief because I haven't gotten to that "earth shattering" event some of you have spoken of. And that is ok too, I'm finding out. Because if I just hold one truth, mine being there IS something else, then I can just be open to every other possibility. And judging by what I have seen here, they are endless.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Afraid?

Nah.

I'm curious about it, I don't want to experience it for along while, but, I look foward to it.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I'm not scared of dying. I'm scared of what I'm going to miss.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TV_Nation
People don't know so they are scared that it may be nothing but blackness. The fact that our existence is minuscule is meaningless because this could be our only shot at an existence, and that scares people.

If death is just null, void, end of file, it doesnt matter much. We wont experience it since we will be turned off.

If death is a transition to something else, its interesting.

So whats to be afraid of? Absolutely nothing.

When people say things such as "it will be blackness", "i will miss stuff"... no you wont because you will be either turned off or in another world where these things doesnt matter anymore.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Death is nothing to fear...it's not an end, it's a beginning. Leaving the body is seamless without noticeable change to self....there is peace and love waiting on the other side. I don't know what complete death will bring but I've knocked on it's door, communed with the light, and returned, there is nothing to fear.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Nice testimony KL, very inspiring, touching, moving.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join