It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Honestly Scared of Death?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dtice

I don't fear death in the least.

I've made my peace with my maker.

Nothing scares me anymore.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by spirit_horse

Thank you for sharing Spirit Horse! It would be great to see what you have seen. Very encouraging. Most of the posts here are very encouraging. I love this topic because it is so deep and multi-faceted. It takes you down so many roads to say the least. And everybody has their own opinion and their own experiences. And many of you are very very assured in your convictions. And while I can respect that, the question lives on, unanswered.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Death is an illusion. The soul is eternal.

Anyone can experience this for themselves. In fact, everyone will eventually. Bring your mind to stillness and you will see.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I just dont think anyone could possibly know where they are going after they die intill they are dead. I am afraid of death for the same reasons I get nervous when Im in the woods at night with no flash light.

Because you have no idea what it is. Perhaps you have chosen a path, but you cant know where it will lead intill you are there. The spirit world in itself is frightening to many people because they are afraid to lose their sanity. To lose control.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I used to fear it, but now I am kind of excited because I will finally get the truth about everything. That's not saying that I am in a hurry to die though.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
NDE's are not really proof of an afterlife,ok spirit horse i guess its proof for you.But the vast majority of people who have been resuscitated have no such experience.I personally know a person who was resuscitated and had no such stories to tell,thats why i think its simply a mish mash of chemicals that sometimes cause such things to happen.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Im afraid of the process of dying, the pain and suffering... Thats the only thing I fear, death is just another door to walk through.

"Life is a collections of Awakenings, with death being the final one"

rekar

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dtice

Nope I'm not afraid of death. Don't get me wrong when the time comes I hope it's quick and all that.
I refuse to live my life in fear of it. Hey it happens to EVERYONE--no-one can escape it !
I have always known that I was goin to die young so in a way I sorta prepared for it. I've maxed out life as much as possible, can't really do any more!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I dont get it. If you people arnt scared of death than you must not be afraid of anything at all. You must be void of all fears.

I guess Im just a mere mortal amongst the rest of you.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by Wisen Heimer]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wisen Heimer

I think the gist of it is really - fear of death - not so much

fear of dying - yes - of course

dead is dead - problem solved

the very moment you're dead is the very same moment you quit caring about all this...

:-)

unless we do continue on - and then it all really hits the fan for real

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
NDE's are not really proof of an afterlife,ok spirit horse i guess its proof for you.But the vast majority of people who have been resuscitated have no such experience.I personally know a person who was resuscitated and had no such stories to tell,thats why i think its simply a mish mash of chemicals that sometimes cause such things to happen.

Scientists have absolutely no proof, no evidence and not even theories that
would support NDE experiences being caused by chemicals in the brain. It
is just a wild guess that people use if they don't want to believe that life will
go on after death.

Most of the people that don't want to believe in an afterlife, are afraid they
will have to face their sins in some way. So they keep trying to convince
themselves that there is nothing after death.. out of fear.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I have no wife. I have no kids. If I did, I would probably feel differently as to lose someone that close would be harrowing. Or to think of leaving them behind to deal with the life-changing grief, can't even imagine. Maybe I'm not qualified to comment on this because of that reason but I believe it has helped
alleviate any fears I have. I honestly couldn't even say the first time I felt this
"no fear" mindset, except that it has been within the last few years. As I have awakened to many many things, both worldly and spiritually, I've come to the conclusion that we are headed in a really bad direction. So if there isn't some great ascension coming in the next few years. Death may be preferable.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I am not afraid of dying because of a near death experience which

taught me that what we think is "real" isn't. Once we enter the spiritual

arena we see, feel and experience what is truly "real" most often

for the first time: It is LOVE.

The overwhelming LOVE that surrounds you takes away any fear.

Guess this is why it is said, True Love always overcomes Fear.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

What is really the difference between dying and death. How could you fear dying and not death? That seems contradictory to me.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   

to me - it's like this...

I'd much rather pass out from the flu - than be awake for the flu

passed out - no flu

awake - flu

lame - but true

also a true story...

I believe I had the swine flu - the version that happened in the 70s

ancient history

I didn't know you should really go to the doctor for that - because I thought - who goes to the doctor for the flu?

idiot

anyhow - I was so sick for several days - I was praying for death - seriously - it was that bad

I called a friend to come over and stay with me - I guess I was thinking it would be good if there was someone who knew that I had in fact died - you know - to tell the others

before it got worse - I felt worse - because I was conscious

but - after I passed out - I knew nothing (I knew nothing for 2 days apparently)

you see? sometimes suffering is worse than dying

(I made it - by the way)

edit to add: moral of the story: if you think you really have it - and you really are sick - go to the doctor

[edit on 5/1/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Because dying is painful, and death is not.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wehali

yeah - sure - if you want to go with the shorter, less dramatic version

thanks - that's what I really meant to say

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

if modern science is correct and we live in a non-local, transluminally interdependant, holographic universe, then indeed if you are here now, then there is and can be no "death" since there is nothing that is not.

Modern science doesn't imply anything of the kind.

are you afraid of eternal life?

No, just disgusted that people should be so cowardly as to cling to such a pathetic, childish hope and, what is worse, build entire edifices of self-comforting speculation - and coercion - upon it.

Illness, impotence, irrelevance, senility: these are to be feared.

Likewise the unpleasant and humiliating process of dying.

But there is nothing to fear from death itself, least of all the prospect of eternal life.

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Read about the work of David Bohm, and John Bell, and for that matter Karl Pribram on how the human mind works. You're clueless, yet operating as if you know everything and everyone else is just a plebe.

Matter is a type of illusion, or if anything substantive, a projection by the mind of God, there is no other possible conclusion which can be drawn.

I stand by my statement.

The atheist and the materialist monist, must in the final analysis argue for their own non-existence, or, a causless universe.

"There is a principal which serves as a bar against all information and proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance. That principal is contempt, prior to investigation."
~ Herbert Spencer (ie: a mind firmly closed)

Just because you don't like the implications of it, doesn't make it any less valid, and all theories, since they are dealing with what amounts to infinity, can never be complete, and so they are all approximations, but Bohm's view of a holographic universe, is the only thing that reconciles the absurdities of Bohr's Coppenhagen Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics, and Bell's proof of non-locality employing the EPR Paradox which Einstein believed excluded the idea of transluminal connections. Everytihng is one, and it's a construct of mind or consciousness. Again, look at Bohm's work, his actual physics work, not just the holgraphic metaphor. The universe is alive, at all levels, and the very notion of death, or an exclusion from it, if you are already here IS a meaningless absurdity.

Some religious people say that separation is possible via a final judgement absent an intercessory grace, which could be more speculative, unless the foundation of reality is built on principals..

First do the research, with an open mind, then come back and make your snide comments based on your assumptions of what you think other people do not know. k? Thanks.

[edit on 1-5-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on May, 1 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Okay, well can honestly say that I am scared of death. When I think about it, it doesnt really make me afraid, but I feel like if I was about to die I would be afraid because there is still a part of me that fears the dark.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join