It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Honestly Scared of Death?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It is pretty foolish to fear the inevitable but that doesnt stop me.

Well, maybe fear isnt the right word. It's more like I'm royally pissed off about it and all the things that will happen after I rot back into soil that I wont be able to see or participate in.

Knowing that I'll live my whole life a share-cropping slave to the tax man and his guns doesnt help alleviate any of my anger.

You get one life and it has to lived on somebody elses terms. What a jip.

I eat a few meals and take a few dumps to make money for some government entity then I die. Woo-hoo.

When people tell you being a child is the "best days of your life" they don't actually mean being a dependent is as good as it gets. They mean until you figure out you're a slave to government and if you resist they shoot you in the head life is all peachy.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dtice

I don't worry about death, but I have come to realize that it makes everything you've done pointless.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dtice

I love this question just the way it is - it's such a good question

so, of course I am - because it's built in - it's instinct

if my place were suddenly engulfed in flame (which, trust me - could happen at any moment) I definitely would be afeared :-)

but - being able to sit and think about the idea in a nice, safe, comfortable environment without panic or time constraints?

No - I'm not - not at all

I figure there's one of two possibilities:

It's over, in which case - no pondering, no feeling anything - it's done

it's hard for me to be afraid of that - a similar thing happens to me every night when I go to bed

2nd - it's not over - we continue (somehow - a little fuzzy on the details)

if this is true, there's nothing I can do about that either - I'll just have to figure it out as I go along - like this life

so, I'm not afraid of death

now, dying is another thing all together....

[edit on 4/29/2009 by Spiramirabilis]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
reply to post by JPhish

I think it was the Buddha who said that all fear roots from the fear of death.

What?? As a long-time practitioner of Nyingma Tibetan Buddhism this doesn't sound ANYTHING LIKE what Buddha would say!

Maybe try “The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.”

That was a really irresponsible 'I think it was Buddha' quote...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I personally do not have fear of death. I think because of my spiritual practices and a "miraculous event" that saved my life when I was 19.

On the other hand, rationalizing one's feelings doesn't mean they can go away. Plenty of real, feeling people out there fear death. I think this thread is more about ego and less about ideals on death.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dtice

my other reply was the simple reply - but some of this is worth really getting in to

I mean really with everything happening now. War, Swine flu, One-world government probably all tied up together. I just feel like: Get on with it! Anyone else?

there's never been a time on this planet for any group of people that didn't seem overwhelming - life is relentless - good and bad

so we deal with it as best we can as it comes to us - before it comes to us if we have that kind of time

so I agree - let's just get on with it

Or do you welcome it with NO FEAR as I do. Because you understand that this life we live is but a blink of the eye in relation to the age of this world. If we go and there is nothing to welcome us. SO BE IT. If it is beyond our wildest dreams, And I believe it is, then we have been stressed out in this existence for no apparent reason.

I love this part - and I agree

I wouldn't be honest if I said I never worry (I still worry about stupid stuff. I even worry about REALLY stupid stuff) or that I was never afraid

but aside from making you take action when it's needed - worry is a waste of time

But we don't really know do we? That is the biggest question of all humanity. NO ONE KNOWS.

don't you just love that? I always have - no one knows...

no one

except dead people

:-)

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Exactly! No one knows except the dead. But do they really? It is the only question in the history of questions that has only one answer to it. We figure out things throughout our existence as humans. And we refine our answers and sometimes change them completely, but their is no fudging on this one.

Would we be better off knowing? Well it would probably stop the control of religion in its tracks. So in that way yes. But I also believe that the not knowing and constant seeking for that one truth is what makes humanity what it is.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Truth is, if modern science is correct and we live in a non-local, transluminally interdependant, holographic universe, then indeed if you are here now, then there is and can be no "death" since there is nothing that is not. That may be hard to understand based on the way we've been taught to believe, but it's true and the ancients knew it to be true. Your consciousness is a sphere within a larger sphere, and since everything is information, nothing is forgotten.

With generates another fear, the fear that there is NO ESCAPE, stuck in reality forever, even now..

What, you think that you are your body and that there is a separation between the you within and the world without?

Do some research, and think it through rationally and logically. There is no such thing as death, in the same way that there is no such thing as time.

So let me pose that question - are you afraid of eternal life?

[edit on 29-4-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I've seen the afterlife many times, with my own eyes. I've seen several
different realms, including the world we go to after death on Earth. I call
it Heaven, because it is such a wonderful paradise, but it's not really like
any religion describes it.

Basically Heaven is what countless wonderful, loving souls, have created
it to be. There are different levels of "love intensity" you could say. The
more love you have in your soul, gained through experience on Earth,
the more beautiful the place you end up in after death, will be. But even
the lowest realm of Heaven, is endlessly more wonderful than Earth.

Basically everyone that did not chose to serve Satan, regardless of any
sins, will go to Heaven after death. You have to make up for your sins in
future lives sure, as is the law of karma.. but you will always end up in
Heaven after you die.

That is why I welcome death. I'm convinced this is the truth, because I've
seen it, been there, during out of body experiences and astral projections.
Many others have identical experiences, many of them wrote about their
experiences in articles on: www.near-death.com By reading those reports,
your fear of death should rapidly start to diminish, regardless of your own
beliefs right now.

Let me know if you want to know more details about the afterlife.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
They say that your life flashes before your eyes right before you die…

Anyone responding to this thread notice anything that looks like life flashing before your eyes? A child’s laughing, a sun setting, a bird soaring, a person smiling, a dog wagging its tail…that would be your life flashing before your eyes.

I didn’t think I would take to death really. Sometimes at night when I am sleeping and too mentally exhausted to keep physically manifesting myself…I can feel my teeth dropping out of my skull…my old brittle decayed bones snap from time to time as I settle deeper into my grave slowly returning to the dust from which long ago when I did live in the purely physical form I was made of.

Death all in all isn’t too bad though. I feel it gives me a strong advantage with bill collectors and other creditors!

Hey if you have to be dead…you might as well be a deadbeat too!

To those of you who are not aware that you are already dead…PAY ATTENTION!

It’s probably what did you in, in the first place.

[edit on 29/4/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Can we choose to return if we want, and can we choose the general circumstances and outline of the life we will have if and when we do?

There's so much work to be done here, it will take many lifetimes to complete it.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Afraid of death, no. Afraid of dying before I get to do what I wanted to do in life yes. But not the kind of fear like when you are scuba diving and your staring a great white shark in the face with a cut on your arm, kind of anxiousness to get things done.

I'm sure there are lots of ways I could die horribly and while that would scare me the thought of leaving with unfinished business scares me even more.
There's so much I wanna see and learn and experience that it would spur me on through any catastrophe (I hope).

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Death is the end of life, and the start of a new one.
Me? I'd rather be immortal.
But with all the things going on, maybe this is what will happen in 2012?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Physical immortality would be a horror for the soul.. the soul is very happy
when the body dies, because then it can return to Heaven, its actual home.
Where it can meet up with its many friends and loved ones, and entertain
itself with countless of activities, or study in huge universities, learning of
whatever it is interested in.

No man, physical immortality would be a terrible thing.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm afraid to die before my children are self-sufficient adults, because I believe that to lose your mother so young in life could lead to some long-lasting pyschological scars. So really, I fear for the well being of my children.

If we remove that element from my life however, I am not afraid to die. Death is the flip-side to birth. It is one of a few things in this life that cannot be argued aganist, or avoided, or changed or altered. You will die, I will die. Our physical bodies will stop working.

I can choose to embrace the unknown elements in this experience with the fear of the unknown or the anticipation of an exciting new adventure. I can listen to people tell me with certainty of what is beyond the veil, and be astounded with wonder and expectation or overwhelmed with fear and trepidation. Or I can imagine my own story of what is beyond that moment and decide for myself what I'd like it to be.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by azurecara

I have to agree with you on this. As a father, it scares the hell out of me to envision my children having to deal with my death. I am barely able to imagine it. If not for my kids, I wouldn't reallly feel afraid either. Recently, I find myself loosing sleep from the thought of my kids dying from some virus though. It is my resposibility to protect them, and to have them go would be an utter horror. Call it selfish, but it is a fear none the less.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Nope,im pretty sure there is no afterlife and i hope im right...if not i want to choose whether to attend or not.Im probably more afraid of the manner of my death.My next door neighbour recently died of cancer and the pain she was going through was horrific,not even all the opiates in the world could help.I really dont want to go out like that(he says while smoking a cigarette) but all in all no im not bothered really.Im also of the state of mind that i can personally take responsibility for the end of my life.Some people age better than others,i'd like think when the time comes and i know my quality of life is going to go downhill both physically and mentally i can grow some poppies.Nothing angers me more than government having control of a person in such a way.As for children,i made a decision that i would never have any and i very much doubt thats going to change.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
No, im not afraid to die. I would just prefer to live longer, since im only 15. I belive in god and jesus, and i believe i will go to heaven. So im not afraid to die. To go to heaven.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaPoint

I have to say no I am most certainly not afraid of eternal life. I mean if it exists, we are living an eternal life right now, aren't we? This is just another rung on the ladder, just another stepping stone getting us closer to whatever is on the other side of the river.

If you think about it. In whatever capacity, death is the biggest surprise of your entire life. Because it is so inconceivable to us in this five sense world of existence. And maybe, due to your relatives and ancestors being there, it is the biggest SURPRISE PARTY of your entire life.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I died twice already. They brought me back in the hospital. I had left my body and saw myself laying there. I was quickly pulled off to another reality. It was wonderful, because I am a chronic pain sufferer, and in this place there was NO pain. I was suddenly, the way I describe it, was 'part of the All'. It was hard to describe, but I felt connected to everything in the universe. I also felt like a massive downloading of information into my 'mind' if you can call it a mind. I could see the Earth off in the distance, the moon and the Sun. I suddenly 'realized' my body was back on Earth and was dead. I panicked about that, and about 15 seconds later I was snatched back into my body. I felt the pain, someone was on top of me with one of those air bags, I was being rushed down a hallway and then hooked up to a respirator, etc. I went into a coma and woke up 2 weeks later on life support. And I was miserable because I was in pain, had developed pnumonia from the respirator, they had sewn in 3 glass IV's into my femoral artery. I missed death because I was not feeling any pain, felt it was a place of love and comfort. That was one of the times I actually clinically was determined to be dead by doctors. Of course, I did not know I had been in a coma or out for two weeks when I woke up. After I was snatched back in my body, and realized they were working on me, I don't remember anything about the time I was unconsious, but technically alive according to doctors. After this experience, I have no fear of death. I know it is ok and there is life after death.

One other time, I died and came into communication with a voice. Oh, neither time did I see any light like people have talked about. Anyway, this voice was what I believed to be God. He told me he was angry with mankind, because man was supposed to worship one God, and man has created all the different religions and argue and fight over their different beliefs. One thing that I remember is that God spoke of truth in very simple words, but were amazing. Just like being told about man and religous beliefs, it was a simple truth and to me that was so powerful. It was simple and to the point. Anyway, I was sent back because my time had not yet arrived. I came to believe that if it isn't your time, you will survive or be 'sent back' to your body. These experiences have changed my life because now I know what is on the other side. I do not have any fear of it at all. And it changed how I live.

Now I know that people will not like it, or not believe it, and that is fine with me. I don't care what anyone believes themselves. I know for myself and that is all that matters to me. I have only talked about it to family and clergy until this post. I felt like I needed to tell my story for those it may help. For those that don't, I do feel sorry for how you see your future. I also know that you will find out the truth soon enough and I only hope you are ready for it. I do not claim to know where I went. I don't know if it was another dimension, another universe, or some place in our universe. It didn't even cross my mind when I was going through it all. Anyway, you can accept it for what it means to you. I will not lower myself into arguments with nonbelievers. I hope it helps some of you to know and not fear your body's physical death. Because the 'life force' which is you will go on.

[edit on 29/4/09 by spirit_horse] edit to correct my typos

[edit on 29/4/09 by spirit_horse]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join