It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the Blue Angels at Rickenbacher today?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Was outside this morning for a few hours and my house is in line of where they land all the military aircraft(normally just kc135 airtankers) today I hear this loud jet look up and see a fighter that appeared to have missiles or looked like missiles on the wingtips. It had blue and gold or yellow paint. Its very overcast day today so was hard to get better detail usually I can read the writing on the bigger jets.

Anyways, about an hour later I hear that distinctive jet sound I look up and now theres two of them literally flying wing tip to wingtip (appeared to be coming in for landing like that). Both had blue and gold paint, could these be the blue angels?

Awhile back I noticed a (what was strange to me b/c normally its always the kc135 landing) normal group of tankers come in for landing(usually 3 at a time). This time a very large jet (smaller than the kc135's though) and with these swept back wings and it also had the blue and yellow paint. It was following the tankers coming in for landing also and I could plainly read "US Army" on the bottom. Looked on the web for it but couldn't locate any photos. Any idea what jet that was?

Does anyone have an idea if the two jets were army or airforce?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Did they look like this?
www.blueangels.navy.mil...
Website includes their schedule.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillresearchn911

If it said US Army on the bottom then it was Army.

It could be practice jets or the blue angels.

Try to google their schedule.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Stillresearchn911

According to the web, the Blue Angels were at Seymour Johnson AFB in North Carolina last weekend and will be in New Orleans this weekend. I only live a couple of hours from New Orleans, I may go watch them.

[edit on 4/29/2009 by LiquidLight]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I did check there schedule and it didn't appear they are or would be here. I also saw they were based out of Pensacola, Florida. Which is why I thought i would ask around, I guess it peaked my interest once I realized they weren't in Columbus.

BTW the aircraft that said Army was a very large aircraft smaller than the kc135 but not by much. This was a while ago when I saw this aircraft I searched the net to see exactly kind of aircraft it was but It was low enough that I could not see the top only the bottom of it. It had big yellow letters saying US Army, against blue and yellow paint scheme. It had two engines on the back of it by the stabilizer and the large wings were swept back against its body. It looked like a beautiful aircraft which was why I was looking for more photos but came up empty.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Wouldn't doubt that they were out there. I worked out at Rickenbacher for a while and saw some pretty cool military aircraft.

The jet you described sounds like a Blue Angel I have seen them fly multiple times and up close once.

Not sure why they would be in Columbus tho.

Edit:spelling

[edit on 29-4-2009 by TV_Nation]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl
Did they look like this?
www.blueangels.navy.mil...
Website includes their schedule.

Yeah I have seen the angels before and remembered their paints scheme and these two looked almost identical even the (lookalike) rockets on their wing tips. They were flying no more then a few feet apart, definitely something you don't see everyday around here.

But like I said they appear to have not been anywhere near here.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Well just in case anyone was interested I happened to identify that US Army plane that was painted with blue and gold and was a rather large jet (maybe b/c it was so close over head) but smaller than the tankers. What was distinctive to me was the swept back wings and the sound of the two jet engines on the rear of the plane close to its tail.

Anyways, I may be wrong but I believe what it was was a CitationX. If it was not a CitationX then whatever it was it looks identical to the CitationX.

new topics

top topics

join