It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Swine Flu Have Started in the US??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Could swine flu have started in California in late March?
Seems that the virus in California and Mexico share the same strain. Yet, the first ones in California took place in late March and the first ones in Mexico started in the middle of April.

This rare virus has increased its virulence very rapidly since March 2009, when the first two cases that started this terrible epidemic/pandemic flu (the World Health Organization will determine within the next few hours the level of virulence) were detected in a 10-year-old boy in San Diego County and a 9-year-old girl in Imperial County in Southern California.
The CDC (Center for Disease Control and Prevention) has reported more cases since then in San Diego County and two more in the State of Texas, totaling at least well known cases. The eighth U.S. case is a child in the San Diego area, and was identified last Friday. It is said that of the eight patients, one is known to have traveled to Mexico City recently, the Wall Street Journal reported today. And that is how all this problem started in Mexico, City.

livingstrongandhappy.blogspot.com...

Federal, state and local health officials are investigating why two kids in California got infected with a new swine flu in late March without getting into contact with pigs or with each other.

The 10-year-old boy from San Diego County and the nine-year-old girl from neighboring Imperial County recovered from the H1N1 subtype of influenza A, which is rare in humans, and there are no indication the virus is spreading, U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC) officials said Tuesday.

www.vitabeat.com...

Are there human infections with swine flu in the U.S.?
In late March and early April 2009, cases of human infection with swine influenza A (H1N1) viruses were first reported in Southern California and near San Antonio, Texas.

www.cdc.gov...

Testing of specimens collected from persons with respiratory disease in Mexico by the CDC laboratory has identified the same strain of swine influenza A (H1N1) as identified in the U.S. cases.

None of the U.S. patients traveled to Mexico within 7 days of the onset of their illness.

PDF file

The delayed communication occurred as epidemiologists in Southern California were investigating milder cases of the illness that turned out to be caused by the same strain of swine flu as the one in Mexico.

The earliest case found in Mexico was a 39-year-old woman who died April 12 of severe viral pneumonia in San Luis Potosi, a city of about 700,000 in central Mexico.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Any comments???

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Yup. Take a look at this article.
Started in Mexico in Feb

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I would even go as far as to say that this so called "pandemic" HAS been kicking around the US for a while.
Not to sound like a hypochondriac or anything like that, but i survived SOMETHING over the past few months that nearly killed me.

I'm just throwing it out there- this was bad, what i had.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I had something a year ago they said it was pneumonia but I was fine in the morning by lunch I was to sick to even move. I had fluid taken from my lungs because I had fluid in the lungs they sent it off to the CDC for testing I was never told what I had. I still get my ribs feeling like there broke or something when I start to get sick from the fluid in my lungs or even when its cold out.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Neaux

No definite proof it started in Mexico in February. Yes people were sick, but no one was confirmed during this period.

The earliest I have found is still in the US.

March 28: Believed to be the date of the earliest onset of the swine flu cases in the U.S., Dr. Nancy Cox of the CDC said in an April 23 press briefing.

• April 2: A 4-year-old boy contracted the virus before this date in Veracruz state, Mexican Health Secretary Jose Angel Cordova later said citing test results. A community in Veracruz has been protesting pollution from a large pig farm.

news.yahoo.com...

Dates aside, it is kinda strange that the virus could have started in two different countries around the same time.

Thanks for the link.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I am still having trouble understanding how this flu could have started in two different countries around the same time?

Everybody seems to believe it started in Mexico, but the time lines of the first reported case in Mexico and the US are about the same.

Any ideas???

top topics

join