It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China briefed on defence blueprint

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

China briefed on defence blueprint

www.abc.net.au

The Federal Opposition has called on the Government to explain why Chinese authorities have been briefed on Australia's new defence blueprint before the Coalition.

The lead author of the Government's defence white paper, Michael Pezzullo, has been sent to China to discuss the document ahead of its release.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Excuse me?!? Did I miss the announcement that we had become part of China?

Since when do we (Australia) need to brief China on our Defence strategies before they even discuss it with the opposition. I knew Rudd was all friendly with the Chinese, but this takes it to a whole new level. I wonder if he needs approval for all his policies from our new Chinese Overlords.

Good on ya Kowtow Rudd.

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Woah!

Did I missed some formal treaty between China and Australia...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Woah!

Did I missed some formal treaty between China and Australia...

Its called the NWO....where have you been for the past 10 years?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This is a surprise because my Aussie friends down under don't like China.
I'm talking about the Chinese government not the general populace.

The Chinese government are so insecure that they will talk to loons like
Kim Jong Il of North Korea but they tremble in fear and loose their
bowels at the mere mention of the Dalai Lama.

The Chinese government is a joke, full of dummy bureaucratic zombies
who are know-nothings. Nobody with integrity takes them seriously.

:lol
:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
China to invade Australia in 3...2...1...

Seriously, this is treasonous action... when in hell do you discuss DEFENCE plans with possible enemies, that in itself is treasonous, and even BEFORE you talk about it to the opposition...

Seriously, if this is a sign to come, Australia will see a chinese invasion in the near future.

Or more likely, Australia government had to have it's defence plans to be APPROVED by China before submitting it...

China is above the australia government... which is disgusting... aussies, REBEL.

[edit on 29-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Thats just weird. Good catch man. Rofl @ Chinese overlords =d

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Sounds like treason to me. Rudd should be put on trial and if found guilty executed. No one should be above the law and letting a country that we have no formal defence alliance with be involved in our defence planning should be considered treason. As far as I know we haven't even run our defence blueprint past the US or UK before and we actually do have long standing alliances with them. Our Prime Minister Kevin Rudd speaks fluent Chinese and his daughter married a Chinese banker. Never thought much of this before but after reading this...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I don't think we're going to be invaded, they're just going to sell bits off to the Chinese government until Australia is completely owned by the Chinese. First it will be the mines, then agriculture then banks and finally industry.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
www.defence.gov.au...

You can download the actual document there. Honestly it doesn't say anything but the obvious, and already known. Briefing China on it over Opposition is no big deal, particularly when it's released to the public a couple of days later. Good document, I would encourage everyone to read it.

The politics are the usual - the media is typically making a big deal and the opposition are typically whining about everything. China is having a whinge about 3% increase in defense spending per year till 2018. All while China increases theirs by 17%. Christ these guys need to get real.

Originally posted by Jacob08
Sounds like treason to me. Rudd should be put on trial and if found guilty executed. No one should be above the law and letting a country that we have no formal defence alliance with be involved in our defence planning should be considered treason. As far as I know we haven't even run our defence blueprint past the US or UK before and we actually do have long standing alliances with them. Our Prime Minister Kevin Rudd speaks fluent Chinese and his daughter married a Chinese banker. Never thought much of this before but after reading this...

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA. CLUELESS.

www.defence.gov.au...

Just like the 2000 Whitepaper?

You guys need to stop running around like headless chickens.

[edit on 2/5/2009 by C0bzz]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

There is a HUGE difference between being briefed on a document and having access to a document.

top topics

join