It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It HAS started! Foxynews.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Well well what about that!?

Am i alone to have had an impresion by this vid?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
sweet spaghetti monster!

yes!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
ok can you clarify a bit? I don't have sound here at work so the video didnt make much sense to me, other than it being about NASA and stuff. What am I looking for exactly? The UFO looking things?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Everything can be explained. It doesn't mean that's what it is. I think the important thing was that the NASA guy said they have seen lots of these things and that they didn't know where they came from (not junk or from the shuttle), and most importantly, that they "chased" them.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I got the impression from the title that this was new. That video is dated September 25th, 2006. What's new about this?

[edit on 28-4-2009 by BRQuick]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Is there a link that has an unedited video or at least pictures of what youtube edited? if its true that youtube did edit it then that sounds really fishy to me and there must have been something really interesting there to see

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
IF someone has the original broadcast recorded we might have something here. He also stated the objects were in orbit. I'll dig around and see if I can find it.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Jackpot! No seriously great video! I could have concluded much of it without the quotations though.

S&F4U
-E-

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bluewagon

Youtube did not edit anything. This was on STS-115 in September of 2006. You can find the original video of what Fox showed here:
STS-115

What appeared in the highlighted area was a dot, here is the video without the highlighting. STS-115

Yes, there is a great deal of interest in every piece of debris that appears near the shuttle. Ever since the Columbia disintegrated on re-entry because of a missing piece of its wing. Now, every thing seen near a shuttle, and it happens on every flight, is closely examined in an effort to determine exactly what it is. To determine if it poses a danger to the spacecraft. To determine if there is a chance of another Columbia.

It is not uncommon for small items to float out of shuttle payload bays once their doors are opened just after launch, though it is uncommon late in the flight, Stich said, adding that the flight control system checks to cause considerable vibrations and shudders aboard orbiters before landing.

"We are shaking the vehicle up and perhaps after FCS checkout we knocked a few things out of the payload bay," Stich said.

www.space.com...

BTW, None of the objects "change direction".

[edit on 4/28/2009 by Phage]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks Phage, saved me a bunch of time I had just figured out that this was STS-115, was going to look at the NASA site next.

I do have few question, five object were mentioned in the report, but all the official material only mentions one object. Was there only one object that they had any concern over? Also, the fox video shows three objects that appear to be below them, why are they only mentioning one?

[edit on 28-4-2009 by AlienMike]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AlienMike

I'm not sure what you mean by "official". It could be that the reports ignored the smaller pieces which were of less concern.

The inspections were ordered Tuesday after flight controllers spotted presumed debris from the shuttle moving along the same orbital track below the spacecraft. A second object was spotted later in the day, along with numerous small pieces of debris floating near the shuttle. Earlier today, the astronauts spotted three more bits of debris, described as "two rings and a piece of foil."

spaceflightnow.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Sorry, I should have said NASA reports. Do you have any idea what Fox was showing with the 3 objects, that I agree, didn't change direction? They all look to be similar in size and under the shuttle, of course it could be a perspective thing and they are all very differnt in size. Was that just something Fox was throwing in there to "fluff up" their broadcast?

top topics

join