It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIG: Doomed to fail? VERY important read.!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
If that is the truth then is so goes to prove that we were lied to in order to give the peoples money to "buddies" of the government. I do not do the whole linking people to groups thing, not that it isn't what happens, but I mostly concentrate on the data and the individuals that are involved.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'm guessing that most people by now have already read this Rolling Stone article:
(MATT TAIBBI - Posted Mar 19, 2009 12:49 PM ROLLING STONE)
The Big Takeover

It's all about the historical financial shenanigans of AIG & names the very man (Joseph Cassano) - who instigated the whole greedy philosophy of screwing the system regardless from within AIG, which in itself was the turning point which steered AIG into it's downward & inevitable spiral into utter craptitude.

I know the link has been posted before on ATS & it's a bloomin' lengthy read - but it's also a bloomin' good & enlightening read too & still worth noting whilst on the subject of AIG & failure.

After reading all of it & getting some insight into the scale of the scandal I reckon it'd be darned-near impossible for AIG not to fail - & if it doesn't fail then something veeerrry fishy is going on...

Personally I'm ***
*** furious at the whole bunch of selfish greedy arrogant idiots in the entire financial system that have brought us to where we are today.

I don't have any debts, I've worked hard to save & behave & be finacially where I am - so why in-the-name-of-the-baby-Jesus should I contribute anything to pay-off this bunch of idiots who are wholly incompetant & irresponsible & have as a combined unit broken the world economy through their own short-sighted greed...?

Why the heck should they get their bonuses & walk away with huge pensions whilst the rest of us are forced to pick up the tab...?

1) Throw them into prison.
2) Let the big banks fail.
3) ...Heck...let the whole system fail... stuff it... whilst there's still greedy people on the planet we'll never get a fair system, there'll never be a Utopia.... so the bigger the institutions & government, then the bigger the fraud & manipulation & contol & power... too big to fail my A*SE...

...so yeah - I think it'll all fall down & it's just a matter of time really... cup of tea anyone?

[edit on 29/4/2009 by moobaawoof]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Wow..!! No, I have not seen that article. Very good find. I like it when the big boys come out to play the game of informing the masses of what is really going on. Great find. Star for you.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
cheers - but I just checked the link & to be honest it's been rather heavily edited down to 2 pages since I last read it back when it was originally posted.

They do mention to check out issue 1075 to read the original article (8 pages!!) but I followed the link & I can't find it - it just posts back to the edited version...

...anyhoo - luckily I had copied the original at the time into a word doc cos I was emailing it around to everyone I could think of, due to the heavy duty impact of the subject matter.

I've pasted it as a comment on my profile if anyone wants to read the full story.

cheers

[edit on 29/4/2009 by moobaawoof]

posted on Aug, 18 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

I worked at Offit's firm in the 80s & the client list was mind-boggling, at the time only a paltry (by current standards) 5+ billion usd (declared) under management...

Correct is the assumption that these folks are fairly well-established.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join