It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comal County Schools shut down due to swine flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Comal County Schools shut down due to swine flu

www.comalisd.org

It is the recommendation of the Comal County Health Department that Comal ISD close all of its schools beginning Wednesday, April 29th until Monday, May 11. The New Braunfels ISD also is closing all of its schools for that time period.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-4-2009 by MysterE]

[edit on 28-4-2009 by MysterE]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
My wife, who works for Comal County Central Office just alerted me to the fact that all Comal county schools have been closed until May 11th due to 3 confirmed cases of Swine Flu. For those who don't know, Comal county is north of San Antonio, and includes Bulverde, Spring Branch, New Braunfels, etc. This is very close to the Schertz area, whose schools are already shut down.

www.comalisd.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Swine flu?
It says bird flu in your title, just so you are aware and may be able to change it....

That's a bit disturbing....anyhow....I didn't realize that already there were a number of schools in the USA shut down from it.

I hope that everybody is alright by the time the school opens again, and that you never have to deal with it again in your area...
Best wishes and stay well!

[edit on 28-4-2009 by phoebeflakes]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by phoebeflakes

Thanks! I was way off. Now to figure out how to change the title...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Hey Mystere...thanks for the update. That's the district I graduated from. Seems flu always hit Smithson Valley High School pretty hard.

Keep well my friend.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
Hey Mystere...thanks for the update. That's the district I graduated from. Seems flu always hit Smithson Valley High School pretty hard.

Keep well my friend.

I also graduated from Smithson Valley High School in 2000! Small world!

-E-

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Yeah. I am here in San Antonio being very careful and it seems as if though people here don't give a rats behind about the news. This scares me because I feel like a sore thumb bothering my friends about being alert.

I wish more SA Towners read ATS! I freaked out last week when I saw two men wearing gas masks. They were holding up "Big Sale 30% off" signs for the local Army Surplus Store down the block. I was like, 'WTF?" Then it hit me all at once...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by looneyhd

I'm west of San An by @ 60 miles and am "cautiously interested" also on ATS when I can be,BEST source of info!

No one out here in the boonies is even remotely concerned and it's sort of pathetic.

The first time the local news even bothered to give it 5 mintues was tonight.

Problem IS,you KNOW the kids will all be out and about...so what good will it do if they have the virus? Thay are "cleaning" the schools however.

They are also "checking" at the border for people who "look sick"...damn...I'll sleep better tonight!

[edit on 28-4-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Wow! The greater San Antonio area is representing on ATS! Lets hope all goes well for our area with the swine flu peeking its ugly head around the corner!

-E-

new topics

top topics

join