It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Enormous Saturn V model rocket flies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Visit the link for pictures and video of what is being called the worlds largest model rocket, a 36 foot tall, 1,600 lb. model of the Saturn V.

Largest Model Rocket Blasts Off

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Very cool... I heard that they spent $13,000 on the fuel alone.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It didnt go very high up... I have seen much smaller rockets go much higher, maybe the cost of fuel was too much?

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
That was pretty cool.
It would have been even better if it really had all the stages working like the real one then it would have left the atmosphere and made orbit for real.

Now maybe NASA can watch this and "Remember" How we went to the moon apparently they have forgotten.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I wonder how much the permit costs for this project were as I've heard that now any sort of large scale model rocketry (which is the coolest) requires licenses and such just to be able to obtain the necessary motors let alone be able to launch.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   

It would have been even better if it really had all the stages working like the real one then it would have left the atmosphere and made orbit for real.

I think that would have won them the X prize hehe, but even so, for a 1,600 lb single stage rocket that was a pretty cool launch, I'm impressed by the parachute deployment going off without a hitch.

top topics

join