It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Geographic Article 2005: using a pig as a "mixing vessel" to spread Bird flu

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I came across this National Geographic article which i found interesting, it was published in the October 2005 Issue.
Here is a snippet where they talking about using a pig as a "mixing vessel" to spread the Bird flu to humans.

For an avian flu and a human flu to mix it up, they have to infect the same animal. Scientists have long considered the pig a likely mixing vessel, because pig cells have surface molecules that allow entry to both kinds of virus. A pig could conceivably catch a human flu from a farmer and a bird virus from, say, ducks at the same farm. The two viruses could then "reassort," creating a hybrid that—in the worst case—would now be able to infect human cells while still carrying bird-virus genes that would make it radically new to the immune system of the people who catch it, and unusually virulent.

Source

what you guys think about it?

[edit on 28/4/2009 by wycky]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The shadow people who are behind the governments and who want to depopulate the world think we are stupid.........

The evidence is around us everywhere. Great find

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Hmmmmm, there have been reports of bird flu in Vera Cruz, Mexico, where the suspected pigs are from. Hmmmmmm....
bird flu in vera cruz

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Was this from Time magazine or National Geographic? I'm a little confused by your post and would like more info on this article.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spacevelvet
Was this from Time magazine or National Geographic? I'm a little confused by your post and would like more info on this article.

Sorry Spacevelvet, got mixed up, it is defiantly a National Geo article, the source is linked, it is the full article.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
great find, very interesting.

top topics

join