It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine flu renamed by gov.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
My father was watching the news in the other room and while listening to it I overheard that the gov. wants the public to instead call it the "H1 N1 virus".

their reasoning was because it could "hurt the pork industry"

LOL, what?!

[edit on 28-4-2009 by zetamafia911]

SMR

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
How about they just call it ... "The Incident"

I cant believe, well yes I can but still.I think there are more important things to do than sit and pick a name just to please those who may be offended.
It's a flu bug.Who cares what the name is.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Apparently the EU is calling it...

are ya ready for this...

"Novel Flu"

I kid you not. Or at least thats what Lou Dobbs said.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
LOL, you have to leave it to a bunch of liberals to worry they might hurt a pigs feelings. You are a good little piggy, you didnt cause the flu.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Thats a terrible name for a flu. no one will no wat it is. I call it the Man Bird Pig flu, or Swine Influenza. Something someone will remember and spread not H1 N1, Sounds like a robot. The prequel to R2 D2.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zetamafia911

Gee, I guess they don't want to call it a bird flu either since that might hurt the chicken industry. Can't call it the human flu since that might hurt the human trafficing industry as well. Yeah, that last part was a bad joke. I still opt for calling it the manbirdpig flu.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Didnt Al Gore chase the Man-Bear-Pig? Isnt that pretty similar ManBirdPig flu or is Al up to something?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Joke all you want, but it's a valid concern. You can't catch the Swine Flu by eating properly cooked pork (and if you're not cooking your pork properly, you potentially have a lot more than the flu to worry about), but many people wrongly associate eating pork products with the Swine Flu.

"Big deal," you may say, "so people don't eat pigs for a while." Well, what happens to the farmers who raise those pigs (which, thus far, have not been shown to be the cause of this so-called Swine Flu) when their lively hood is destroyed by false panic?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by zetamafia911

Henceforth from this day forward we shall all call it "George". We will hug and squeeze it and build for it a small virus home incubator. Remeber if we get scared just look to Obama who says "It's a worldwide pandemic but don't be concerned."

[edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
H1N1 is the name of the strain. It has always been the name of it.

The name is in the process of being corrected not changed.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Agreed.

The misnomer of Swine Flu was entirely incorrect and should have never been stated as such. Although. I just read a thread about how Israel is upset over the wording of "swine flu" due to the fear that it will offend Muslim and Jewish populations and their regarding of swine as offensive. I really wonder when the political correctness is going to spell the end of any attempt at speech in this country.

But yes. Swine flu was wrong, and they are correcting it finally.

top topics

join