It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libertas formally recognised as Political Party US Military Involvment?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Libertas formally recognised as Political Party US Military Involvment?

www.examiner.ie

The party logo will now appear on European Parliament ballot papers this June, the statement said.

Declan Ganley, president of Libertas, also happens to be president of Rivada Networks, a US defence contractor (they supply emergency communications networks to the US intelligence community).

Libertas has been formally added to the register of political parties by the clerk of the Dáil this morning, according to a statement by the party.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.indymedia.ie
www.irishtimes.com
www.her ald.ie
www.rte.ie

[edit on 28-4-2009 by bharata]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Ok everyone I think this is important. Libertas opposed the EU Lisbon treaty which might be a good thing until you think about the reasons behind this.

What's particularly interesting about this is that McEvaddy is the CEO of Omega Air, a US defence contractor (they supply cargo planes and inflight refuelling services to the US military).

A gentleman named Ulick McEvaddy was an Irish Military Intelligence Officer for ten years. Ulick McEvaddy is what you might call a shady character: a rich and influential businessman with "a surprisingly low profile".

So, McEvaddy has a background in covert intelligence - and this background has no doubt served him well since transferring his operations to the US. His current company, Omega Air, depends almost entirely upon the business of the US military.

I have a feeling that this is more dangerous than I suspect because it reeks of US military involvment and they have not bothered to try and cover it up. Please read the sources and add your thoughts. I am looking for help on this issue.

If the US military is funding (basicaly setting up) a political party then why?

Have they done this before and what are the examples.

Any comments greatly appreciated and please keep it civil. If you dont want to post U2U me.

www.examiner.ie
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 28-4-2009 by bharata]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Wow! This McEvaddy guy has alot of baggage. How is the public opinion over there? Do they like this guy? Or is he a long shot?

-E-

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I don't really know yet. I'm investigating him further and post my finding as I come across more information. He has got support otherwise Libertas would not have any chance of being recognised as a political party. Also with the kind of backing that this guy has I would say he has lined a few pockets along the way.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by bharata

If the US military is funding (basicaly setting up) a political party then why?

Have they done this before and what are the examples.

Oh that's a hoot! I'm not sure if covert organizations within the US Government count...

Ever heard of Nicaragua? The Contras and Sandanistas?

How about Castro's Cuba?

Here's a good one: Afghanistan.

The list goes on and on...

Our "alphabet" agencies have a particularly bad habit of sticking their noses in places we have no business being. Typically they set up "resistance" movements or fund and supply "freedom fighters". That helps the public swallow the pill, so to speak. It goes all the way back to the War of 1812, perhaps sooner than that, if you're willing to dig.

Hope that answered your question.

[edit on 29/4/09 by cbianchi513]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hmm I think you have partly answered the question. I am more concerned with the connection with Ireland, The Irish Government and what also seems like a ploy to infiltrate the EU government infrastructure ( if they haven't already done so). Libertas needed to have support from one quarter of the total number of EU countries which is 27 at present. Libertas have a growing number of bases.

Libertas currently has two members from France, and one each from Cyprus, Britain, Greece, Finland, Bulgaria and Estonia

With one recent addition Ireland.

Source

Insert Libertas after party

Anti-Lisbon treaty party to get EU funds

Source

Also from the same source.

Libertas is also gathering members from other quarters. The Times newspaper reports that Kevin O'Connell, former deputy director of EU law enforcement agency Europol, wants to run for the party in the June European elections.

Read the above read the links make up your own mind. This Ulick McEvaddy is indeed a shady character.

Libertas oppossed the Lisbon treaty vote that on the surface seems credible and fluffy enough but had deeper implications I wont go into yet.

Literally the whole of the EU was watching for the outcome of the Irish people and were hoping for a yes vote.

Ireland voted NO.

A slap in the face for the FU union. Libertas wanted this outcome. So defense contractors set up a political party and push for a no vote why? I don't really know yet but with the amount I am finding out now it wont be long until I have a theory.

new topics

top topics

join