It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Postman Pat is a greedy, useless prat !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I was just looking through Ebay as I do at times, and came across this auction.
It is for a Second World War Japanese sword. No one had bid for it and I couldn't work out why. The sword looks in good condition and is a piece of history. I was considering bidding for it (the starting price was only $6) when I decided to check the shipping (P&P).

Eighty bastard dollars !!!!!!

That's 13 times the cost of the fecking sword itself !!!

I've noticed this before, not just on Ebay but on other sites. The post is more than the actual item.

The US mail (and the UK Post Office) must be the greediest bunch of bastards in existance. I remember sending KayEm a book (which cost 14 pounds) when we were apart and the fecking post was 26 pounds !!!

Now, I can almost understand that, since it was international post, but the thing that pissed me off was that it took ten days to get to her. When I flew to Oregon from England, it took one day.

Plus the bastards lost something her mom sent us when we were in England together last may. Guess what ? ... it arrived back in Oregon in september. Fortunately the Pixy Stix were still edible.

Arseholes !

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I agree, the shipping fees (particularly on this item) are simply ridiculous.

Nice sword tho, could be legit, looks rather old. Really nice piece of colletion

join