It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apathy and Anger

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Am I the only one, the only person who rarely feels anger? Over the past year or so, nothing gets past me besides droll uncaring apathy. People can push me around, mock me, talk # about me all they want, nothing really gets me angry. All that's roused is an apathetic mental shrug.

This does not apply to everything, every once in a while crime or even nagging can irritate me to an extent, but I have not been legitimately pissed off in...well, a long time.

I've become far more cynical in my viewpoints of the world. I see things for what they are, and I see how unimportant our existence is. I think I am beginning to strongly believe that the human race is going to meet a definite end, or at least such a strong near-extinction where there are so few of us left. It just makes sense to me that the selfish archaic Neanderthals that currently make up the human race would someday soon irreversibly f*ck sh*t up beyond all comprehensible recognition. If we invented the atom bomb more than 50 years ago, what technological terrors may we unleash today. Humanity has always had far too great power for it's own good, and I do sincerely believe we are going to pay for our idiocy within my lifetime (I am a young adult).

I'm not trying to sound depressed or jaded, because in reality I am neither. Me and my best pal day to day joke about the end of the world, joke about the criminals that one day will definitely make up the vast majority of mankind. And I think that's what I'm trying to get at. Is anyone else here going or gone through this phase?

This phase, where, everything just is. You see the truth as I see it, that it doesn't even matter if there IS a reptilian NWO space alien 9/11 agenda, because in truth the end of the world sounds like a damned good thing. You're not depressed from the thought of humanity dying off, you're not very fearful of living in a world of tyranny or whatever you conspiracy theorists believe in, because it's just humanity reaping what it's sewn.

I am not angry, I am not fearful, and I am not sad. I just acknowledge that # is #ed up.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
All these things that are #ed up, they flow from originating thoughts, ideas, conceptions and viewpoints, and what makes them messed up is the degree to which they are not in alignment with reality the way reality really is.

It makes no sense therefore, to be a cynic and a realist and to say simply this is just the way things are, and resigned, hope for the destruction of the human sphere of influence, since that idea too, is unhelpful and generative, not of creative solutions to common problems, but merely contributes to apathy bordoring on destructive nihilism, and it's as disgraceful of a viewpoint as the greed and ego-based, materialist worldview which is causing all the problems.

No, we must dare to be different, and to think differently, about what is possible for the human being, and then do whatever we can, with whatever resources, to have a positive impact, however big or small.

We must lead with our being and our thinking, and when you really think about it, the ONLY rational response to all that is irrational in the world and destructive and regressive, and cynical and apathetic, is bright hope and eternal optimism. Anything less results in the apathy of a meaningless and purposeless existence wherein the individual has no stake in a meaningful and participative solution driven outcome.

To be focused on the biggest problems is a good thing, but the possibility we are proclaiming in response, needs to be big enough to meet the challenge, and the more screwed up everything is, the more problems there are to solve, and the greater the challenge, which in and of itself isn't such a bad thing, as there's a lot of material to work with.

I don't mean to make you the op wrong personally, but your thinking is disasterous, not just for the world at large, but worst of all for you, a valuable person here on this planet in this time, and well aware of the magnitude of the problem at hand.

I would suggest that you think about it some more, but with an open mind willing to take on a whole new and radically different viewpoint.

A viewpoint capable of bridging the gap between what is, and what ought to be, that is the challenge presented, and don't think that over the course of your life, and that of your friends, and all your friends friends, that you cannot make a difference and have an impact.

As it sits, you are scaring me, that our future is being left in the hands of such young, cynical apathetic nihilists. Please change your thinking into something else, for everyone's sake. The world needs you. Thank you.

Best Regards,

OmegaPoint

[edit on 28-4-2009 by OmegaPoint]

new topics

join