It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Want Life On Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
It seems that NASA and other organizations are really gearing up for this idea of life on Mars. They're only talking about primitive microbial life, so primitive we would have trouble understanding what it is, but life nonetheless.

I must say i truly hope life exists on Mars or Titan or Europa because if it does then it kind of shows a few things. Firstly that life will exist anywhere it possibly can, it's a tough and pernicious force. Secondly that the universe is packed with life and it's not a rare gift like we think it is.

Come on people, get NASA the funding to hit that brownish rock with every scientific instrument we have.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

It would be a safer bet to hit Europa, I think.

You ever heard of Lake Vostok? It's a lake in Antarctica, that's locked under ice, all sealed up and has been sealed for a long time - like a time capsule with water - and probably life inside.

No other natural lake environment on Earth is as rich in oxygen and it is speculated that any organisms inhabiting the lake would have needed to evolve special adaptations to survive. These adaptations to an oxygen-rich environment might include high concentrations of protective enzymes.

Due to the lake's similarity to the Jupiter moon Europa and Saturn's moon Enceladus, any confirmation of life living in Lake Vostok would strengthen the prospect for the possible presence of life on Europa or Enceladus.
[Wiki]

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Welfhard]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Welfhard

Yep well aware of it, i want NASA or other space agencies to hit all of these planets i just used Mars for the thread title
If we can find even one small microbe on a planet within our solar system then we would have to accept that like is ubiquitous.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Meh. I'm not concerned with life being on Mars, it's likely to be mostly, if not, completely extinct if it existed at all. Trouble is that life isn't something to just dry up. Life on earth has survived 99% mass extinctions in the past and Earth is still lush. Mars seems suspiciously devoid of anything. I wouldn't be surprised if life never existed there at all.

Imagine if it weren't ever on Mars. We may get there and find nothing and then be discouraged far too soon. It would be better to go for the water-ice worlds which are a bit primordial still.

But I think we can assume that life is everywhere anyway. Of all the uncountable amount of galaxies with all the billions of stars each, statistically it's next to impossible for life not to exist elsewhere.

Tapping Vostok would be a smart first move though.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Vostok is definitely interesting and i've been following it since it became mainstream. However i have some reservations about it being cut off for so many years. Tthe Drake equation would point to life being very rare and intelligent life being even rarer. If we discovered even microbial life on another planet then it would shift that equation a great deal.

This is why we desperately need space exploration. With all the economic turmoil we still cannot afford to fall back on this most important of scientific endeavors.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It's a good point, along the same lines of what I was saying here.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Thank you for that thread i really enjoyed it.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Thank you for that thread i really enjoyed it.

Apart from the op itself, it felt like the most pointless thread ever.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   

I have some good news for you.There are and have been people ,animals and fossils on Mars.I have posted in other threads "mars" "Mars life" "life on Mars" "skulls on Mars" threads here for Oh since 2005,from the rovers photos.The pics are famously misunderstood so spend extra time before you dismiss them as too fuzzy.Blame Nasa for covering up the evidence,and hey don't be the last to know. Here is how they lied about the "statue" on Mars and blackfaced it like a mammy doll. Oh,ya know what? I have been banned for over 2 weeks because I double posted once and the op forgot about me who banned me.....so take a spin around the Mars material already posted and look for my posts.Yeah posting material to support your claims of life on Mars can get you banned....while tey coddle the paid trolls to tear down your positive posts with negativity....CIA operatives who are heavily funded against disclosure of UFO's,NWO,Life on Mars,911 truth....all the cuddly furry happy conspiracies by the fireside.Warm up your cocoa and might need a comforter for the brutal material ahead.Martians R'US.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Welfhard

Apart from the op itself, it felt like the most pointless thread ever.

Hmm not sure about that, it seemed ok to me.

[edit on 9-5-2009 by ImaginaryReality1984]

new topics

top topics

join