It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New political system?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'm not a politician or even a voter for the past couple of years but it seems to me, as pretty much everyone on this site, that the system is corrupt and even good politicians going in, get corrupted eventually. It also seems to me that the people are not involved enough in the decision making. This is just a thought and I know it isnt perfect but I'm sure it could be tweaked. This Democratic, Republican, Conservative and Liberal should all be abolished. Those parties are a joke. The way it should be set up is communities elect their guy and they dont represent a political party. They represent the people. The congressmans, ministers senators etc are all elected the same way. The President, Prime Ministers are also elected the same way. But here is the kicker. The congressman, ministers etc are not part of a Party so, what they would do is vote on the creation of Acts, Laws or whatever you want to call them. ( I just call them Rules) Now the majority wins but that doesnt go into affect until the new law, Act or bi-law are voted on by the people. Majority Rules. None of this computer voting.. On paper and could be varified for cheats. Every couple of weeks, the people go to certain offices to cast their votes on the Rules that the politicians want to pass. Do you think we would have troups in Iraq? Do you think we would have the Federal Reserve or the Bank of Canada? Your thought on this and please, this is not perfect. By the way, the President or Prime Minister are just representative of the people in this system. They have no real power.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
They have real power now, Watching the power that Obama has accumulated in such a short period of time is baffling, and frightening.

It is all a joke, but this isn't a joke I found funny, but just pisses me off. (don't know if thats a violation or not hmmm one way to find out).

Right now, everyone is still in awe and amazement over a new African American president, they can't see anything else. I recently realized the gigantic fraud, but the hype we all get caught up in.

In the elections it goes like this, the General Population votes, those votes are considered by the electoral college, but seemingly hardly notice. The electoral college then places there vote, the ultimate deciding votes, whoever they pick, Wins! Even if they go against all the peoples votes, all they may face is just not being re-elected in the years to come.

Besides that, the people were forced to choose from are shams, puppets, etc etc etc.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
It's exactly the same issus here in Canada. We have less media coverage or I should say it's seen by less people because to be honest with you, everyone watches american TV because of the high budget shows. The political system is pretty much identical. When you look at the budget of "The Beachcombers" compared to any american shows it's night and day. People know more about American politics then Canadian

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Grossac]

new topics

join