It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

question for Europe main land

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Question for the people from Europe main land: How are people taking this new flu? Is there panic or concern in the area's that have no comfirmed cases? Or is everyone pretty relaxed about it?

I'm asking because, where I live we have 6 possible cases again, of course the gov asked every md to report all flu-like cases.
Today I felt like no one around me cares about this. In my kid's school there is normal flue going around for several months now. Most kids don't get fever but the symptoms keep coming and going. I asked the moms who went to the doctor with these children if the doc asked questions about swine flue or reported the case, they all said no questions where asked and most of the doctors seem to think it's really not as bad as it seems....

In the US some people are saying that the media is turning this into a circus and spreading fear and panic, but in my part of Europe I see the opposite. This swine flu have hardly been in the news today and some news channels are now suggesting that the numbers of comfirmed cases are exagerated.

so, how are things in the rest of Europe?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Nothing here except media coverage, i went to the doctor today with my 4yr old for a routine check, md asked nothing and didnt check temperature but touched and felt, so skincontact and eyecontact was enough i guess. To me it seems that they think everything is under control. Summary: no pandemic hysteria here, nothing on the official government info channels about taking precautions, some tv coverage but thats mostly about stuff happening outside of europe i.e mexico, USA etc.

regards

p.s northern europe, polar bears ;-)

[edit on 2009/4/28 by reugen]

[edit on 2009/4/28 by reugen]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The farmacies ran out of tamiflu today, but gets more tomorrow. Not that anyone is using it - they are just preparing for "What if's".
12 people so far has been checked for the flu, but none caught it yet.

They are of course talking about it in the news, but the experts are all saying that it's probably not as bad as first thought.
The reporters try to create headlines by asking such questions as:"You say this swine-flu is not so bad - But COULD we eventually be facing a pandemic with another virus???"
To which the experts can't reply anything but:"Yes"
- It's stupid really...

So I'd say there's no panic in Denmark, but a calm concern and a lot of jokes where people rename different diseases to something with pigs - Like Swine-pox

(Edited to clarify)

[edit on 29/4/2009 by Jubjub]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Poland has few cases but not confirmed yet. flu is a front new in all kind of media. but people do not really care much. we belive that it is pretty typical for the media to make a sensation from nothing and that the swine flu won't be any more dangerous as an ordinary one.

as I speak with my mates it comes out that most of them belive that it is such a news to hide some dirty deals in economics or politics. noone is really afraid.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
hm over here they asked not to use the Tamiflu yet ,
because the virus could become resistent by the time it's really needed... if it ever is going to be needed.
The gov doesn't seem to think so.

new topics

top topics

join