It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Random Acts of Chaos to Mess with Archaeologists and Conspiracy Theorists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

No, it's the other way around. I have a point: archeology is already ignorant. By pounding this weakness and making it obvious, isn't someone going to fix it? Or are you going to cling to it and just hope nobody takes advantage of you? Science advances, sorry. Like I said, what are you going to do about it?

I dont understand what youa re getting at? What am I going to do about it? I am going to continue to call out fools that advocate the dumbing down of our species, which is exactly what this is.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sadisticwoman

Oh grow up. Just because they think it's funny doesn't mean they'd do it. I would, but I don't need your boring approval. You are so grey faced it is ridiculous.

Anyway, if they came across a tape with Flinstones on it, that'd confuse them as much as anything we'd do.

I love this. I state my opinion, so I am grey faced and foolish. Lets not even CONSIDEr what we are actually talking about herre.

Tell me, WHY IS THIS A GOOD IDEA? If you can explain that to me, I'll move along.

What would be the point of doing this, other than to mess up the ability of future generations to learn from the past?

Do you really enjoy ignorance so much that you want to perpetuate it?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Dear CP,

Perhaps you are merely taking this too seriously. It was obviously a "tongue-in-cheek" thread. It is satire or parody. There. Those words sound much more scientific and serious. For myself it is kinda like using a Caveman in a GEICO commercial, a metaphor perhaps. No harm, no foul. Let's lighten up. Shall we?

Regards...KK

[edit on 28-4-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Dear CP,

Perhaps you are merely taking this too seriously. It was obviously a "tongue-in-cheek" thread. It is satire or parody. There. Those words sound much more scientific and serious. For myself it is kinda like using a Caveman in a GEICO commercial, a metaphor perhaps. No harm, no foul. Let's lighten up. Shall we?

Regards...KK

[edit on 28-4-2009 by kinda kurious]

So what you are saying is that this has no place on ats, and instead should be in BTS? Now that makes sense.

I will never lighten up about the systematic dumbing down of our species. Sorry.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Are you trying to say that the guidestones are just some april fools joke for the future?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheKingsVillianAre you trying to say that the guidestones are just some april fools joke for the future?

I think the possibility exists that such is the case in regards to the Georgia Guidestones.

This, of course, doesn't diminish the incredible feat of constructing them or placing them, or the enigmatic mystery surrounding them.

However, I think there is a certain amount of credibility to the notion that they might be an elaborate hoax. Personally, I can think of a couple of individuals who would have the financial means, the Rosicrucian background, the Ancient Language experience, and the inclination to do such (and they all happen to have at least one of their residences not too far from where they are placed...well, same part of the state any way).

It is a possibility that not only needs to not be eagerly dismissed, but genuinely considered.

Still, whether it was an elaborate hoax or not, do you think it will change the effect it will have on History?

Probably not!

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

So what you are saying is that this has no place on ats, and instead should be in BTS? Now that makes sense.

Actually it belongs right were it is, in a conspiracy descussion board, mainly because it does relate. Though it may be tounge in cheek, what if past generations deliberately put misleading information at different locations in hopes they would be dug up by future generations to cause misinformation about their time. This would be in all regards a conspiracy.

Although I think it is more likely that we misinterpret things we dig up, there is no need for past generations to place misleading information, we do it ourselves when we dig up artifacts and don't understand what we are looking at, since we assume that the past generations did not have certain technologies and mechanics available to thim we falsy catalog things and when we are presented with something that goes against the things we though, they are dismissed as oddities of the time, or are told that they couldn't possibly be what they appear since all of the evidence, which was wrongly identified, points to other conclusons. And in this way, this is unintended disinformation, which could still be considered a conspiracy.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The way to denote intelligence to future civilizations is through humor.

And civilizations have been doing it for far longer than you may think.

The Ancient Sumerians left behind an inscription 3900 years ago that read "Something which has never occurred since time immemorial; a young woman did not fart in her husband's lap."

The Ancient Egyptians left behind an inscription 3600 years ago that read "How do you entertain a bored pharaoh? You sail a boatload of young women dressed only in fishing nets down the Nile and urge the pharaoh to go catch a fish." (Humor + Political Criticism to make the world's first Pundit and example of Satire being considered Free Speech)

Although it is nice that we send out messages to the stars showing that we have mastered PI (and have for the past 4000 years) as a message to potential Alien Intelligences that we too are intelligent, perhaps it would be wiser to show our sense of humor.

In every world religion, the one common sign of enlightenment is always a sense of humor. If we wanted to convey to future generations or other civilizations that we were enlightened and advanced we would do so by showing our sense of humor rather than our understanding of mathematics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join