It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Velvet Revolver

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Anyone here listen to Velvet Revolver, I loved GNR so much growing up and Scott Weyland isnt Axl but his voice is so much more haunting.

What do you all think.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
ive been looking for the album but have'n t found it yet all the crew from GnR aprt from axl gota find it gotta find it

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I'm actually digging the V.R. project...at first I was hesitant because aside from a few songs, I disliked G&R's...or at least their image and overexposure. When I first heard about V.R. I was pretty certain I didn't care until I heard Weyland was going to be the lead...I'm definitely going to grab the CD now.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by PreestWhen I first heard about V.R. I was pretty certain I didn't care until I heard Weyland was going to be the lead...I'm definitely going to grab the CD now.

I was really suspecting failure after the revamped GNR crashed but Im really glad these guys are continuing a great tradition.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
ive been looking for the album but have'n t found it yet all the crew from GnR aprt from axl gota find it gotta find it

I have some of the songs downloaded, would you want me to burn them and mail em to you?

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
ive never been a big GNR fan but i like some of their songs. axle rose is a prick!

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
ive never been a big GNR fan but i like some of their songs. axle rose is a prick!

Well at least VR rocks without him.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I can now say on monday im getting their new album carnt wait ive also heard a song slither dam there just like GnR the lead singer has the hint of axl rose sounds bad ass

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
YIPES! Did you just say Scotty sounded a bit like Axl? :bash:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
well mianly on the slither song hes got that high screetch thing just like axl

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Well I just got the FULL Velvet Revolver Album and I must say its awesome.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
im takeing mine back the songs at the start jump back a few secs then carry on from where it left off anyne else have this problem

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Just saw the video for Slither about two weeks ago. I heard it first from another room, and thought "Wow, what the hell is THAT???" and came in to see... redemption! *L*

They sound great and really look good, except for Scott Weyland who always looks like a junkie, even when he's clean. If they can keep it together without the ego problems they had with Axl, this could be the start of something great for rock again. They sounded really great, really together.

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Only heard Slither.

I'ma get the CD for my trip to Cali. They look awesome!

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
im still looking for the Velvet Revolver album
sounds so fresh and cool. The rest of GNR are there so its a must buy for me

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I like Velvet Revlover, but Slash aint slash without his top hat!

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Eh its alright. I mean, for its genre, its really great stuff, but Im just not into the genre.

But I applaud them anyways. Good job. Or yeah, good job. I wonder what Axl's new album is going to sound like, its supposed to be ocming out...eventually. Chinese something.....

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
VR is awsome.... I always have loved GnR and this is just the fix i need

posted on Jul, 13 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Se7en,
If you're running it on your computer, thats why your having the problems - it has the type of copy protection that makes it distort and sound like crap if it is run on a computer.

Scat, Axl's never-ending ten year project is called Chinese Democracy.

As far as what I think of VR, here is a short review I made in an other thread. :-D :

I personally don't see them as being that great (the music that is). There are some great musicians there, don't get me wrong, but they don't really have a creative genius among them. The music isn't really all that interesting. The reason why GNR had as great of music as it did was because of Axl and Izzy for the most part. Slash and the rest of the group helped give it the sound and soul it needed.

Slash and Duff (who were in GNR, now in VR - as well as Matt) could never write the type of tunes that Axl and Izzy wrote. Scott Weiland (who was the singer for STP) isn't even showing the true capabilities of his voice on this album - then again, he does look pretty sickly from all that heroin use; so he might be too weak to sing like he used too. Its sad really.

Anyways, VR's first album could have been much better. The music isn't that different from the rest of the crap they play over and over again on the radio these days... unfortunately.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:41 AM
link   
But it is just their first album, so they will either tank or hit the next level. They sound pretty good to me, and if they can continue on without the difficulties that Axl's "genius" brought to the table, they might become something great. This is what they were meant to be doing. Not sitting around waiting for GnR to regroup or waiting to be invited to do a "where are they now" type show.

BUT...

I miss Axl. I hope he reaches a point in his personal evolution where he's ready to get back on stage and kick it again instead of trying to be so grandiose and deep about things. He's not getting any younger and that fire might not burn forever.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join