It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something I saw while camping in Snowdonia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Hello all, I'd just like to preface what I say by making it clear that while I entertain the possibility of life on other worlds, I doubt any such thing has come to Earth. It would be an interesting fantasy, and the subject of many a good novel and film, but I don't truly believe its a viable possibility.

On Saturday evening, 25-04-09, a group of friends and myself had just climbed mount Snowdon in North Wales (which was incredibly difficult, but immensely rewarding), and we were back at the campsite celebrating with a barbeque.

For whatever reason, the conversation turned to how clear the sky was out in the hinterlands of Wales, as we are all city-folk, and never get to see stars for light pollution.

While we were enjoying the glory that is the universe above us, we noticed that there was a strong, but not outstanding, pinpoint of light moving from right to left (unfortunately I can't give compass directions as I don't know which way I was facing) across the sky.

It looked like, frankly, one of the stars was moving. As the stars were all simply pin-pricks of light, this was one of many, and it was only after a while we noticed that it was moving at a fairly constant, and fairly high, speed. It did not flash or flicker, just remained constant and on its journey.

At first we assumed it was the international space station, or a satellite. It was moving quite fast, within a few minutes it had crossed the expanse of the sky above us, which I would assume means that it is moving incredibly fast given that it would have been miles above us. To move at such a rate across the sky means it must have been covering huge distances, and while my A level physics is now some years behind me, I know that this means it was kicking along at quite some rate.

There were at least three of us in the group watching and discussing this rogue light, when it suddenly and without any warning at all, turned back on itself, and began travelling it virtually the opposite direction.

It had completed no turning circle at all, as we watched it literally just started moving in a direction less than 45 degrees perpendicular to its original course, and sailed at it's quite fast pace back across the sky.

We were, naturally, completely dumbfounded by this. One of the viewers was a good friend called Gareth, normally a pragmatist until the end, and he was certain it was not a plane as it had no turning circle. As far as we are aware, there is nothing that can actually be travelling at high speed through the air and then perform a nearly 180 degree turn on the spot and head back in the direction it came from.

I would like to say the story ends there, and if I had to put pen to paper in some kind of official document to say I had witnessed something, I would end it there, but afterwards it seemed to reach the right-hand-side of the sky, from where we first started watching it, and frankly it began moving strangely.

But by then I was the only one watching it, and to be honest I am wondering if my eyes were playing tricks on me or not by that point, and I stopped looking at it. It looked as if it was moving up and down, as well as left to right, at the end, but I am not certain, only the move back on itself I was certain about. At this point, it had crossed with some other stars, and I was straining my eyes to see it better, and so I decided to look away.

As I said, I'm not a UFO buff and don't visit this forum often, but that was a pretty strange thing to see, and I thought you guys might want to know about it.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Last Man on Earth
As I said, I'm not a UFO buff and don't visit this forum often, but that was a pretty strange thing to see, and I thought you guys might want to know about it.

You certainly have a LOT of points in a short time to not visit this forum often!!!

Second line

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

I meant the UFO forum; I'm normally found in the Breaking Alternative News forum.

I realise this tale of extraterrestrial anomalies isn't quite as dramatic as some people's tales, but this is, to the best of my abilities, the absolute truth.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by The Last Man on Earth

Sounds like you saw a ufo orb. They are very common around that Snowdonia area. I heard the rumour there was a ufo base there somewhere, also the idea thay are keeping a watch on Trawsfynnd nuclear power station where they are seen frequently.

Great news on the sighting, welcome to the club!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Very interesting indeed. I too have had a similar sighting here in South Wales; away from the light polluted areas of Cardiff and Newport.

It is amazing what you can see when you star gaze. When I tell the stories of what I see to people they take in what i'm saying and act like they believe me to be polite when really they will just go back to their social bubble and continue with their every day life just the way its always been.

After I witnessed my first un-usual sighting; I made the unknown and paranormal a big part of my life.

Deep down, I feel that mass disclosure and truth unvielling is just around the corner.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I live in Cambridgeshire in a suburb and have seen something that sounds exactly the same. Fast movement across the sky, the double back and the bobbing up, down and left to right.

I was told it was a satellite at first but I'm pretty sure they don't act like that. I still don't really know what it was. They are very strange to see though.

top topics

join