It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Granddaughter sacrificed for good harvest

page: 1

join
share:
Ex

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
India has a centuries-old tradition of human sacrifices to appease deities,
gain prosperity or ward off evil.
An elderly Indian man chopped off his granddaughter's head
with an axe because he believed planting seeds
mixed with her blood would produce a bumper crop.

HERE IS LINK

I keep thinking that Civilization is at war with Barbarians.
So Sad........what other centuries-old traditions have I not hear of before?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
We all know this goes on around the world, and especially the police knows it happens in america, but will not report it.

Why do people ever want a world like india is beyond me.

Do not underestimate the power of these things just because you know nothing about them. Voodoo is real and things like it.

[edit on 4/28/2009 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Again with these barbaric rituals and traditions. Things like this are appalling to hear about, yet we in the US need to understand the barbaric nature of those around us. How can they possibly think that sacrificing a little girl will do anything to bring forth a greater harvest.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex

from your link
Local villagers discovered the gruesome crime and handed over Hembram to police, the Deutsche Press Agency reported.

the news site outlines it and you paint it in as if it was a regular occurrence in the area, honestly, what rubbish.

crazy is crazy, no matter which country you're crazy in, almost all cultures have a bit of human sacrifice in their history, of one sort or another. it's all in the wording.

hanging witches in salem could be classed as a human sacrifice to appease a deity, for instance.

linking a crazy old man brutally murdering his grandaughter with a traditional belief in the area for the sake of demonising the local people is bordering on racism.

[edit on 28/4/09 by pieman]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
reply to post by Ex

from your link
Local villagers discovered the gruesome crime and handed over Hembram to police, the Deutsche Press Agency reported.

the news site outlines it and you paint it in as if it was a regular occurrence in the area, honestly, what rubbish.

crazy is crazy, no matter which country you're crazy in, almost all cultures have a bit of human sacrifice in their history, of one sort or another. it's all in the wording.

hanging witches in salem could be classed as a human sacrifice to appease a deity, for instance.

linking a crazy old man brutally murdering his grandaughter with a traditional belief in the area for the sake of demonising the local people is bordering on racism.

[edit on 28/4/09 by pieman]

except when the crazy is accepted as being okay by everyone. THEN it might be bigotry, but I'm okay about bigotry about culturally accepted forms of brutality.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

An excellent point, something I've not considered star for you.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Pieman is correct, crazy is everywhere. If your intention was to show that India has a crazy man living in it, then you did right, otherwise you are misguided.

I am sure the Citizens of India are as shocked as we are to read or hear about such a story.
You make it out like every Indian in the street goes home and sacrifices his Granddaughter to help his grass grow. Why?

what other centuries-old traditions have I not hear of before?

That you're familiar with? Abortion, lethal injection/electric chair, etc. I'm sure they are known to you and I'm sure the people in India don't point fingers and say "Look! This American man has got his daughter to abort her Child, he has also praised the barbaric killing of a man by frying him to death!"

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
9-11 could also be classified as a human sacrifice too, could it not? As with any large group murdered at the same time. American Indian massacres, Witch burnings, bombing raids, and a host of other things. Nobody knows the true agenda, or the deity they worship, of those who seek to control us by any means possible. We do not even know if they are human.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
So like do granddaughters make good fertilizer? Are they better than a grandson or a grandniece or grandnephew? According to police the accused, Rajesh Hembram, had planned in advance to sow seeds mixed with the blood of his 10-year-old granddaughter Akshaya Tritya.

"He cut off his granddaughter Bernaka Kandulana's head with an axe in a room when nobody was at home and drained her blood into a pot," PC Nayak, a local police inspector told IANS
Please note that the "granddaughter" is given two different names.....which causes me to doubt the veracity of either. I personally think ex-presidents make the best fertilizer........everyone knows they're full of BS.

top topics

join