It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Death Rate is the Proof

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
It's All About the Numbers...

I certainly lean toward conspiracy but that will not be my message today, only the hard core facts of why you should be concerned and that truth can be found in the number of people who have died.

Pandemic means that the same disease breaks out across the world at the same time.

The death rate of any influenza determines the ferocity of the strain of influenza.

A typical annual type of flu has a death rate of .001% - a very deadly flu has a death rate of 1.0% - the most terrible flu we know of was the 1918 Spanish Flu with a death rate of about 2.5%

Now the math, and this is why you are either being lied to, or this is the ultimate killer flu...

Let me take one of the recent figures as a control for representing the numbers. Mexico city - 149 deaths, 1600 infected.

These numbers tell you without the possibility of a mistake that you are being lied to in one way or another. Given the absolute mortality data that can not be denied about every strain of flu we have ever seen in recorded history...

For the ease of the math lets just say there were 100 deaths - for that flu to be an annual normal strain it would require 100,000 people to be infected at a death rate of .001 - For it to be an incredibly bad strain 100 deaths would require an infection rate of 10,000 (not 1600, and we're just looking at 100 of the 149 in one single outbreak, Mexico City).

Now think about it... If you have 100 deaths for it to be anything between a mild annual flu and a really bad flu you would need an infection rate between 10,000 and 100,000 right now.

The worst flu ever recorded, the 1918 Spanish Flu, having 100 deaths at an absolute death rate of 2.5 would in this case require 4000 people to be infected (not 1600, and we're just looking at 100 of the 149 in one single outbreak, Mexico City).

Well, obviously, when you do the math based on the statistical reality of the death rate, empirical data not opinion or conspiracy, we are looking at a death rate of approximately 10% - far in excess of any flu in history.

Now the question is, why would the smartest people in the world try to pass a lie so easily proven false - unless it's true? And if it's true, this is indeed the big one.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by TeabagObama]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:39 AM
link   
You forget that in mexico, they have a culture of not going to the hospital unless they are dying or near death.

So how do you know how many actually got the swine?

People die in mexico like all countries of loads of things every day, so who is to say that the numbers are right.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I've heard the number of 7 confirmed deaths by swine flu in mexico..

My first thought is; how many of those 7 confirmed cases were in a bad condition when they got the flu? If they were already ill, that gives a higher death ratio. Those 100+ that died could be a lot of other conditions too.. maybe they already had pneumonia, and the flu was just the killing blow because their bodys couldn't handle any more pressure. Maybe they died of other causes.

If we do the math of the confirmed cases where the person has died by swine flu, and compare it with the ones infected with non confirmed swine flu, the death ratio is 0,004375%. But as i said, we have to consider the victims health before they got the flu, and how many of those 1600 infected ones got the swine flu, and not just ordinary flu or some other condition?

Mexico city does have 9 million inhabitants. That's pretty much for a town. The numbers that dies every day should be a lot by just natural causes. And when it comes to other types of diseases, it could be a lot of reasons why all the 100+ probably not died by swine flu.. all of them.

But it's a little bit like a waiting game. We'll have to see how many of them that really died by swine flu. When we know, it's maybe too late

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
You know you can delete the "edited" lines each time you edit so it will only show the new one it adds each time!

I read the 1918 flu also killed young healthy people, as this one does.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TeabagObama

All of the cases so far in other countries have been mild, so I ask you, how many have been infected, and simply blew it off the mild effects and got better? Probably far more than the 1600 who reported their illness and that's just suspected cases. A lot could be just the normal flu which has the same symptoms as swine flu.

It's easy to get in a state of fear when you look at speculation, not actual facts.

reply to post by andy1033

Just about every country is like that. If it spreads to Africa and Asia it would be worse then Mexico. So far it has spread to countries with relatively solid health care.

reply to post by rihred0

It's 20 confirmed deaths not 7.

"Mexican officials said they have confirmed 20 deaths from swine flu and are looking at more than 130 other deaths to determine how many may have been caused by the virus."
Source

reply to post by breakingdradles

The human part of the Swine flu is actually a similar strain of Spanish Flu, H1N1.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Neaux

Those news havn't reached me until now, so thanks for the info!

Still it's quite few confirmed cases.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by rihred0]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
that doesnt make any sense 20 to 100 million died of the spanish flu and killed 50% of the people who got it and the bird flu kills around 60% which is the deadliest so far and what youre saying is so under i dont no how you made a mistake wow thats sad look up stuff before you post threads that try to tell people the wrong thing and there is a thread on this site that says that there could be even more deaths than said why because they dont want a panic just to let you know

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
64 confirmed cases in America.

0 deaths in America, or any country other than Mexico.

We'll be fine.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
nvm my mistake you can delete the reply

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
but 60% of the people who get bird flu do die

top topics

join