It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Simpsons Movie - Swine Flu . Were they telling us?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Hello everyone, is a pleasure to post here in the forum. I usually read but havent post, since I think I would need something very important to start a new thread. Well I think I have found a terrific coincidence between The Simpsons Movie and The Swine Flu.

I remember some months ago watching videos in youtube about how The Simpsons Movie was really about The New World Order and the control of american society. It looked a bit far-fetched to me in the beginning, but now I've been thinking about it and it's quite amazing.

Homer adopts a pig who's run away from Krusty Burger after Krusty tried to have him slaughtered, naming the pig "Spider Pig." At the same time, the lake is protected after the audience sink the barge Green Day are on with garbage after they mention the environment. Meanwhile, Spider Pig's waste has filled up a silo in just 2 days, apparently with Homer's help. Homer can't get to the dump quickly so dumps the silo in the lake, polluting it. Russ Cargill, the villainous boss of the EPA, gives Arnold Schwarzenegger 5 options, forcing him to choose 4 (which is, unfortunately, to destroy Springfield) and putting a dome over Springfield to prevent evacuation. Homer, however, has escaped, along with his family. Can he stop the evil Cargill from annihilating his home town, and his family, who have been forced to return to Springfield?

from imdb.com.

Well everything was caused by the pig wasnt it? Do you think they were trying to tell us something? or is it just a weird coincidence?

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Geico]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Gee, I don't know. Remember the manbearpig episode on South Park?
Were those guys trying to tell us somethng or was it just a coincidence. After all, they were only off by one animal, since whe now are worried about manbirdpig.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It's doubtful the Simpson's movie had anything to do with it.

Apologies for the shortness of my earlier response but we really don't need these kinds of threads popping up continuously.

Edit for politeness.

[edit on 28/4/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Or that UB40 song 'Red, red swine'.

Or the recent 'coincidental' rise to fame of Amy Swinehouse.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Southpark recently had an episode called Pandemic about an outbreak of Peruvian panfluit bands. Thought it was strange timing also.

-E-

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Hey lets all be [SNIP]to a new member, because he made an observation.

people these [SNIP]days. You all hilarious, lets all jump on someone. [SNIP] puppets.

MOD EDIT - REMOVED PROFANITY

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by elevatedone]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Dont forget the Episode of South Park where Al Gore was battling "Manbearpig"
Maybe they fortold the montauk monster too.............or maybe it is yet to come!

Too good, im sure there is some stuff in the media that drop lil hints now and then , but, i don think its the simpsons.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by corvin77

Seriously. I agree with you that if someone is posting constructive ideas/theories, there is no need to defame them so rudely. There are far worse things that have been discussed on this website with less detractors.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I agree with Corvin77, he was sticking up for the OP who was getting bashed for putting his idea out there, and Corvin77 gets the manners warning? Keep posting OP, not everyone on this site is condescending.

-E-

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
How biased was that?? hahaha so i get a slap over the wrist, loose 1000 points and Chadwickus gets off scott free with his "Edit for politeness" malarkey.. Big round of applause to the moderator for that that one!

Geico, I think your observation is quite interesting and well worth a consideration, as Chadwickus was clearly not speaking on behalf of anyone, besides himself.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE

I agree with Corvin77, he was sticking up for the OP who was getting bashed for putting his idea out there, and Corvin77 gets the manners warning? Keep posting OP, not everyone on this site is condescending.

-E-

Thanks MysterE,

seems this is a common occurance in ats. If we dont stick up for the op's, the moderators sure wont!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   
In reguards to the Thread...

There has definatly been several shows/movies that involve outbreaks of some sort. For instance as you stated

The Simpsons Movie
as well as
The movie Quarentine (which I just saw)
I am Legend (Last man on earth due to man made virus sounds familiar)
The Southpark episode Pandemic
Doomsday (Virus outbreak in Britian)
and probably more

-E-

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Well, the Australian government signed in powers overnight to detain anyone suspected of being infected.

The dome put over Springfield comes to mind.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404
Well, the Australian government signed in powers overnight to detain anyone suspected of being infected.

Wow! Thats pretty amazing!

-E-

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Is it possible these shows are made because conspiracy theorists are funny and not because of the conspiracies?

This thread makes their joke all the more funny. Looking to the Simpsons and South Park for evidence is pretty out there for a 12 year old, let alone an adult.

Too much Red Bull? Emphasis on the Bull.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Geico
Well everything was caused by the pig wasnt it? Do you think they were trying to tell us something? or is it just a weird coincidence?

It's a weird coincidence. But don't worry in the end a Homer Simpson will save the day. .................... WHOOPS!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I don't think The Simpson's Movie was really foreshadowing anything here, I think it's more likely that they thought a pig would be a cute character, spider-pig would amuse people, and that it is sort of a reflection of Homer (versus a cute kitty or some other animal)
But that said, I have seen instances with the Simpsons where it does seem they have sort of 'predicted' things, yet I feel its no more than someone who comes on ATS, has an understanding of numerous conspiracies, issues, whatever, and then puts the thoughts out there about "Hey I think this is very possibly going to happen..."
Then again, you never know. The show could have been used for prep, conditioning, whatever...just like the media is in various other ways, or at least, seems....

Anyway, the whole dome idea got me thinking...I want to make myself a personal dome for if I get sick. With an oxygen supply and a stash of Nyquil. Better yet, a nice flexible human sized 'ziploc' sort of bag, so I can sit, lie, etc....all the while without infecting my dear family...
I want to be bubble-girl....if I get this flu.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by corvin77
How biased was that?? hahaha so i get a slap over the wrist, loose 1000 points and Chadwickus gets off scott free with his "Edit for politeness" malarkey.. Big round of applause to the moderator for that that one!

Geico, I think your observation is quite interesting and well worth a consideration, as Chadwickus was clearly not speaking on behalf of anyone, besides himself.

Eh stop ya whinging!

I edited my posts a couple of minutes after I made it, I decided to retract my previous comments.

That's what the edit button is for!

Is a mod going to warn me for having a bit of (delayed) common sense?

No.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Did people run out of biblical refferences so they had to start tieing a mini outbreak of a virus to classic american cartoons?

<<   2 >>

join