It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Basic Needs and Preparations to combat the Swine/Genetically Made Flu Everyone Should Have

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
First, I am not a doctor. I'm basing my comments on personal experience, not medical knowledge.

I think good, old cod liver oil can help protect against upper respiratory infections, which would include flu. I was taking cod liver oil for a joint problem. During this time (a couple of years), I noticed that I never got a cold or flu. When I stopped using it, the colds came back. So just saying, the "old wives' tale" about cod liver oil being good for you may have some merit.

However, do NOT take more than the recommended dose. Cod liver oil contains vitamins A and D, which are fat-soluble. That means that the body stores these vitamins, making an overdose possible if you exceed the recommend amount. Excessive vitamin A or D can kill you. The idea that, "if a little is good, more is better" simply doesn't work in this case.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Best prices I have found and best items for mask are the following

personally - I am buying a case of the 3m 7500 series half mask for people who are going to refuse to take percautions right now and when they realize it - nothing will be available.

mask site: www.safetyinfo.com...

Called the above, can only order a case of one size only - so below is best price per mask, I found on the net. direct link to respirators page:www.boss-safety.com...

for filters - this site is the best prices I have found - I like this filter because it is a hard case so it can get wet etc.
www.boss-safety.com...

Those are masks sites.

I will get my orders in this morning - after posting this - just in case people are paying attention here - and they sell out - before I get my order in!

[edit on 30-4-2009 by questioningall]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Update - I got a hold of the "boss" website people just now.

To let you know - the type of filter I ordered - they are out of BECAUSE the RED CROSS - just took all they had left!

So the Red Cross is using these filters themselves.

He is searching for some for me. I have my fingers crossed!

3M is out too - everything on back order

So, if you plan on getting anything - you should be working on it now.

Better to be prepared than be left without if it gets serious, in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

You might check in places like Home Depot or Lowes because painters and others use N-95 masks as well. They're going for about $8.00 for package of 2 at Wal-Mart. I bought out the stock that they had available couple of days ago. Haven't checked on Home Depot prices.

Using mini-mate 1500 and avoiding crowds as much as possible.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

I was there yesterday - high prices but also large mask, I need one for my little girl.

Thanks

But for everyone else - home depot did have mask yesterday.

I purchased the disposable ones - 2 for $5.00 - yikes - the N95 ones

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
For prevention and treatment:

Total Tonic Recipe
or "White Salsa" ;o)

Nature’s Anti-biotic Food

1/3 cup raw Garlic cloves

1/3 cup raw White Onion

1/3 cup raw Horseradish

1/3 cup raw Ginger Root

1/4 to 1 Habanero Hot Pepper (more if you like)

1/2 cup raw Apple Cider Vinegar

For extra potency you can also add 1/3 cup of Turmeric and 1/3 cup of Cilantro

Note Well: Do not stir with a silver spoon or your mixture will turn green!

Peel garlic cloves and put them in a blender. Peel and cut onion in half and then into quarters and toss into blender. Wash horseradish and ginger root and cut 1/4 inch circles and place in blender. Toss in the hot pepper and pour the apple cider vinegar over the blender contents and blend to a thick applesauce consistency. Add more apple cider vinegar if needed to blend. Should your salsa end up too watery, then strain off some of the vinegar and use it on a salad. Again: Do not allow this mixture to contact silver or it will be ruined. Store in a pint or quart jar. Refrigeration is not required but you can keep it in the fridge if you prefer it cold.

Eat as a condiment or dip. A number of people have told me they really like to use it as a salad dressing, or instead of using Horseradish with their roasts.

Some of you who have made Total Tonic will recognize this recipe. Yes this is nature’s anti-biotic as well as a delicious food. Its anti-fungal, anti-bacterial, anti-parasitical, and anti-viral properties will keep you healthy. Should you feel an illness coming on, we recommend taking an entire spoonful of White Salsa every hour until your symptoms have completely disappeared.

To make Total Tonic follow the above recipe, and pour the apple cider vinegar just over the top of the contents and puree in your blender. Your Total Tonic will be the thickness of a thin gravy. Put the Total Tonic in a jar and shake several times a day for 14 days. Strain off the liquid and you have Total Tonic. Whenever possible, make your Total Tonic on a New Moon and press it on a Full Moon. This practice is an ancient one and ensures the most potent results. I recommend that you have at least a pint on hand at all times, so make it often! It works great for kids too.

Copyright © 1999, 2009 by Ian Shillington N.D. (Retired) All rights reserved.

I got this from an email group, so no real link.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

Thank you, I have copied that tonic onto my computer to always have!

Star for you!!

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

Thanks
You'll most certainly need a mint (or two) after eating that, but if it prevents or treats flu, it is well worth it. Going to the grocery store tomorrow to buy the rest of the ingredients. Good luck everyone. I think we are going to need it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join