It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu In Orlando Tues Morning

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
www.freerepublic.com...

Posted on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 11:19:12 by SE Mom

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Eyewitness News has learned of Orlando's first confirmed case of swine flu. According to the chief medical officer for Adventist Health System, Loran Hauck, the case was diagnosed Tuesday morning.

"A case was diagnosed here in Orlando today on a tourist from Mexico who came to Disney attractions two days ago to visit," Hauck wrote in an email obtained by Eyewitness News.

No further details have been released, but Eyewitness News is working to learn specifically what days the tourist was at the parks and which park the tourist went to.

Details about the tourist, beyond being from Mexico, have not been released

I heard this very briefly on CNN just a few minutes ago. Whether or not the tourist is currently in Orlando or Mexico, I don't know. Disney is certainly a major tourist hotspot, so that would not surprise me if swine flu cases in Florida started in Orlando. I wonder how many states will have it by the end of the month, or even the week.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Story here .. 9 minutes ago

Some confusion about the case ... but still ... an infected person running around Disney World .. touching handrails ... sneezing in the Haunted Mansion ... spreading germs in a park where 100,000 people were ....

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   
You know its coming to Florida Cinco De Mayo is coming up shortly and South Florida will have it then for sure.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Hmmmmmmmm......a tourist from Mexico. Nah! No need to shut down the border. There's never a good reason to shut down the border. Sarcasm mode off.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
There will be a press conference from Tallahassee in 15 minutes about the case on local news channels here in Fort Myers. I'll post if there is any useful information.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I was waiting for a "No!!! NOT MICKEY!! Please God, spare our favorite mouse!" type comment, but I haven't seen it yet...

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by coney

I think sneezy one of the seven dwarfs should be quarantined. We should take no chances at this point.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Good find, I knew it was a matter of time before Florida goes on the list.
We here like to be the limelight it seems... now let's just hope that 4-6 hour killer meningitis doesn't meet up with swine flu or that we find out it's transmitted by mosquitos, because I will seriously quarantine my damn self from everybody else.

btw of all things...not a regular tourist, but a Disney tourist... sheesh
it's a small world after all.. it's a small world after all..."

good luck my fellow Floridians

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
THERE IS NO SWINE FLU CASES IN FLORIDA PER LATEST NEWS...AS OF YET

It seems that some doctor in Orlando sent a personal email to a friend who took what he said either out of context, or the doctor really did try to hype something that didn't happen and then the story started to run away.

Florida Surgeon General Denies Swine Flu Case in Orange County

As cases of swine flu continue to spread across the county, there are still no confirmed cases in Central Florida.

Results are due back as early as Wednesday on nasal swabs that could change that claim.

A person who recently visited Walt Disney World, tested positive for influenza A, which falls under the umbrella of swine flu, but could also be another strain.

The swabs were sent to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Jacksonville.

Florida Hospital and Dr. Ana Viamonte Ros, the state surgeon general, have denied the confirmation of a case of swine flu reported in Orange County by an Orlando media outlet.

[edit on 4-29-2009 by worldwatcher]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Good find, I knew it was a matter of time before Florida goes on the list.
We here like to be the limelight it seems... now let's just hope that 4-6 hour killer meningitis doesn't meet up with swine flu or that we find out it's transmitted by mosquitos, because I will seriously quarantine my damn self from everybody else.

It can be transmitted by misquitos, I thought everyone knew this already? Listen you guys can stop watching the TV to see where it is next. The virus is so well made its going to be everywhere no matter what we do now. Its far far to late to stop it. This thing can jump from human to animal, animal to humans. Human to human, animal to animal. Do I need to add in the misquito bit? Its a perfect creation. Its going to do what it was meant to do and nothing is going to stop it.

new topics

top topics

join